SAU Community

People Don't Want To Race Our Skylines.......

• 3 weeks later...

In Launceston Tasmania everyone wants to race still, weather you're at the lights or already cruising along a highway people just see a Skyline and want a race no matter what they're in... I enjoy driving like i love it, but when you can't just go for a cruise without a thousand dickheads wanting a race it makes me sad.

Had a commodore line me up the other day, I looked over and he was just revving the date out of yelling at me though the window... I look in the backseat and he has one kid in a babyseat still and a second kid leaning over the top of the babyseat with no seatbelt on... It made me so mad that someone can be so careless with other peoples lives at risk in there car. I know they don't care, but its people like that, that give us all a bad name and reputation.

Back in 2010/11 when I owned my S13....there were a fair few people who would want a race.

Since taking ownership of my S15 in mid 2012.... there hasn't been much action at all from what I've observed. Even P platers generally do not attempt to race.

So yes, a lot less activity out there nowadays. Seems to have changed fairly rapidly. Plus, most young people arent interested in fast cars anymore.... they have other interests.

lol...nobody races GTRs cause they know there is a good chance they will lose....try driving around in a somewhat stock looking 33 gtst...every muppet with a v6 wants a race...man I get heaps of Mazda 3s wanting to race me, gawd knows why .......

But I do like to toy with em for a little bit... Like a cat with a mouse, I just tag around like I am having trouble keeping up for a few kms.....then show em whos boss... ;)

LOL

If you go anywhere near bankstown every single Honda you pass will try and race you. It's insane. They could spend 20 grand modifying it and it still won't be as quick as my R34 (they all keep them N/A)
It's literally not even worth wasting the petrol showing them, I'm well aware I'm faster and that my car doesn't sound like a dying hippopotamus

No such thing as wasting petrol when you go for a drive =)

I do actually like bankstown haha. I'm just always super impressed when I see a civic revving so hard it's valves are almost coming through the bonnet...

Yes lots of action in Bankstown.

What's the issue?

Yeah, don't know why he's complaing about T04E lel.

My mate has a T78 equipped Supra.... he doesnt have any problem with touge runs/spirited driving etc.

Nothing worse than spending all that money on a car only to hear the rattle of a triple plate at idle...

Triple plate is boss...I like the sound.

I have solid aluminium/polyurethane engine & gearbox mounts, and the NVH from those is pretty damn brutal... always a lol as whenever I have a passenger they are like 'wtf'.

I'm old enough to relive my childhood :P

You never fail to deliver lols Terry =P

Plus, most young people arent interested in fast cars anymore.... they have other interests.

Yep, fullystancebroz are too busy in Maccas car parks taking Instagram pictures :P

I like the lack of attention, one less thing to bother me while I'm driving.

Interesting to see middle aged drivers flooring it when they hear/see me cruise by.

I agree that there has been a decline in racing around our area but you still get a few commodores and the odd XR6's still wanting a go at anything that makes a loud exhaust note. I don't see these people as enthusiasts just a bunch of hoons. I will admit however when I was younger I was the same but I never once put people in danger but in saying that you never know who is around the corner. I have matured a lot in the last few years and now consider myself an enthusiast.

The police around here are fairly strict but are dumb as dog shit when it comes to cars. I had a cop pull me over once cause of my turbo CRX (not turbo at the time due to me being a dick and having to remove it, long story but totally my fault). With boost guage still attached he asked me to put it neutral, pull the hand brake up and give it a few revs. The boost gauge moved but didn't come on boost (no turbo) but he still insisted that even after going over the car top to bottom and every nook and cranny that there was a turbo on it. After all this arguing and trying to explain it wasn't turbo anymore the other officer came over and took a quick look. Checked my ID and then sent me on my way. I fully support the police and them trying to get the hoons off the road but no need to be dicks about it.

Anyway I got a lot off topic, lol. Extremely long story short, yes a decrease in not just skyline but everyone wanting to race (I think our local cops are cracking down and people are just listening for once). A lot of people in our area are into slow n show but there isn't much to show out there, lol.

I think someone mentioned before in this thread.. somewhere..

It's no longer "boy racers"

It's middle aged men and soccer mums in their SUV, 4WD compact that are the aggressive drivers these days. every time i've had a tailgater/douche trying to speed ahead in front it's a massive 4wd with mum or dad at the wheel, kids in the back and a "my family" sticker.

It's funny how 40+ age bracket tend to be more road rage'rs/ race car drivers than the average 20 yr old in a commo now!!

• Like 1

Tonight I was coming home from cinemas (took the GT-R). Three cars buzzed past me, a work ute, a new Pulsar and a Camry. I was sitting on 70 in a 70 zone. First to slow down was the ute, doing 60 in 70 after a few traffic lights. Then it was the Camry doing 60, the Pulsar kept catching up to me after a few momemts of 60 km/h cruising for some reason. The entire way the road was a 70 zone (Cowpasture Rd for the Sydney siders). Drivers all looked 30+.

It's a mixed bag really.

Yep, fullystancebroz are too busy in Maccas car parks taking Instagram pictures :P

I like the lack of attention, one less thing to bother me while I'm driving.

Interesting to see middle aged drivers flooring it when they hear/see me cruise by.

This. Im happy that car modification seemed to be a fad that the majority of douche bags have now let go off. It gives us real enthusiasts the freedom to enjoy our cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Falcons can't get it together in the V8's so they try to dominate the streets lol Thats why they all have a chop.

Its been like that for years where I live however a lot of Holden muppets do the same. Interestingly enough its never the quick ones that have a go its always the stock or close to it SS/SV6/SSV or whatever they are into.

Bakemonracer agreed I'm a fan of twin,triple and multi plate clutches. Mine always raised eyebrows at the traffic lights haha

Falcons can't get it together in the V8's so they try to dominate the streets lol Thats why they all have a chop.

Its been like that for years where I live however a lot of Holden muppets do the same. Interestingly enough its never the quick ones that have a go its always the stock or close to it SS/SV6/SSV or whatever they are into.

Bakemonracer agreed I'm a fan of twin,triple and multi plate clutches. Mine always raised eyebrows at the traffic lights haha

So true! Having owned a R33 GTS-t making 300rwkw and now a tinkered VE SS-V, it's ALWAYS the biggest POS that tries to have a go. I seriously do not bother with ANY of them. Waste of petrol and the fact that your car gets impounded for doing shit like that just makes me ignore them even more. Sure, go tell your mates that you hosed off a modified VE SS-V in your backyard-spec POS. Too bad you were the only one racing and at the end of the day, I've got a SS-V in my garage and you've got a hunk of shit on your front lawn that looks like it's ready to go to the wreckers.

The number of times I've had stock (or very close to stock) cars fang it past me or try to burn it off from the lights is ridiculous. It makes me wonder, what reaction do they really thing they're gonna get from me?

"Oh f**k yeah, I wish I could sell my worked VE SS-V and use the money to buy a V6 VN commodore with stockies on the back and a catback exhaust".

Not just commo and falcon drivers, but I've noticed even some turbo imports are the same. They do the whole "I'm gonna speed up till I'm next to them and then drop a dose next to his window. Yeah, that'll make him jealous and want to buy a turbo!". Little do they know, it wasn't that long ago that I owned a R33 with the engine bay that's in my avatar. Oh, and was featured in Performance Import Magazine too! But they're right, I wish I could own a shitter of a car with the stock turbo and blocked off BOV. Yep.

More on topic though, I've never had a GTR (or a very well sorted/heavily modded car in fact, regardless 4, 6 or 8) act like a douche when the lights go green. I respect a car more when the driver uses it with constraint.

So true! Having owned a R33 GTS-t making 300rwkw and now a tinkered VE SS-V, it's ALWAYS the biggest POS that tries to have a go. I seriously do not bother with ANY of them. Waste of petrol and the fact that your car gets impounded for doing shit like that just makes me ignore them even more. Sure, go tell your mates that you hosed off a modified VE SS-V in your backyard-spec POS. Too bad you were the only one racing and at the end of the day, I've got a SS-V in my garage and you've got a hunk of shit on your front lawn that looks like it's ready to go to the wreckers.

The number of times I've had stock (or very close to stock) cars fang it past me or try to burn it off from the lights is ridiculous. It makes me wonder, what reaction do they really thing they're gonna get from me?

"Oh f**k yeah, I wish I could sell my worked VE SS-V and use the money to buy a V6 VN commodore with stockies on the back and a catback exhaust".

Not just commo and falcon drivers, but I've noticed even some turbo imports are the same. They do the whole "I'm gonna speed up till I'm next to them and then drop a dose next to his window. Yeah, that'll make him jealous and want to buy a turbo!". Little do they know, it wasn't that long ago that I owned a R33 with the engine bay that's in my avatar. Oh, and was featured in Performance Import Magazine too! But they're right, I wish I could own a shitter of a car with the stock turbo and blocked off BOV. Yep.

More on topic though, I've never had a GTR (or a very well sorted/heavily modded car in fact, regardless 4, 6 or 8) act like a douche when the lights go green. I respect a car more when the driver uses it with constraint.

you seem extremely excited about having a "worked ve ss-v".

you seem extremely excited about having a "worked ve ss-v".

Hahaha sure am! More of a money pit than the Skyline unfortunatley and nowhere near as easy to work on compared to a RB :(

Too much electronics behind it all on a VE. Anything you do requires some sort of tune.