SAU Community

Ever Caught Someone Admiring Your Car?

Hey,

Just had a kid the other day, full on stick his head out of the back of his Mum's car, and stick the thumbs up at me, whilst I was at a junction. Prompting lols and reciprocated thumbs up.

Also have one of my co-workers kids in love with my car. Apparently he goes nuts for R34's. Anyway, he always has a gander when I drive past him.

Another time when I was working (Car park is very visible) I saw a bloke and his girlfriend just standing to the side of my car, having a squizz. Bloke peeked inside and walked off. Co-worker thought he seemed suss, but I was cool with it.

Kind of a compliment, in a way, as long as I didn't return to a busted window and stolen headunit. Haha. ;)

So, I was thinking, what stories have you got, concerning people either complimenting your car, criticizing it, or being just plain weird?

all the time

Had a kid jump from a car and run over and take pictures while stopped at the lights

So excited that when the lights turned green he had to dodge moving cars to get back into the one he was travelling in

Police pull me up to check it out and I've never been booked in it (owned since 2004)

Edited by Sinista32

Caught?

Anyone I catch gets chained, flogged, stretched and pointed towards one of the last of the Commodores.

Those that crawl away get kicked up the A to hurry along.

But those who beg for moar I recognise as the true enthusiast - so as a reward I drive them to hospital!

:P

Hi guys,

My RX3 caused a Cordia to rear end another car in traffic. The driver and passenger were looking where the offensive rotary noise was coming from and failed to see the car in front stopping. Was only a slow tap, nothing serious, kinda funny though.

Mark :)

Yes, other day leaving my mates house. The old fella across the road came out while I was jumping into my 32..

He always gave me evil stares haha, so I had a feeling he was going to tell me my car is too loud and I'm a hoon ect..

Was telling me he used to have a pretty powerful 33 back when he was younger (imported by him) and had to sell it because he's missus at the time was a lead foot and almost killed herself.. Yikes..

Nice to see someone admiring my car though :)

Haha. Good stories guys!

Keep them coming.

Yes, other day leaving my mates house. The old fella across the road came out while I was jumping into my 32..

He always gave me evil stares haha, so I had a feeling he was going to tell me my car is too loud and I'm a hoon ect..

Was telling me he used to have a pretty powerful 33 back when he was younger (imported by him) and had to sell it because he's missus at the time was a lead foot and almost killed herself.. Yikes..

Nice to see someone admiring my car though :)

I had a kind of similar situation at the servo in town. Pulled up, and the old bloke at the pump across from me was staring at me.

Thought he was going to have a go at me about something (Driving style, music.. Whatever), but he actually told me about an older model Skyline he used to own. (31 or 32 I think)

Quite interesting really. I kind of assumed the older blokes you see are always interested in their old Australian V8's, but I guess there are a few who like their Japanese imports. :)

P.S. Had a dude on facebook last night who i'm not really friends with IRL, who is a bit of a bogan, tag me in this.. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=261694003998633&comment_id=944434&notif_t=comment_mention . Also tagged a few of his bogan mates... Think he was trying to take the piss? Don't know. Deleted him anyway.

Was so strange though... Completely out of the blue.. I've literally exchanged words with this dude twice.

Anyone else cop shit from Falcodore lovers for no apparent reason? I don't really understand the need for this :yucky:

• Like 1

always have people admiring my GTR especialy as its a daily, stuck in traffic I see people bending there heads sideways trying to read what the brakes say (brembo) lol

thumbs up and random flashing of headlights and smiles are a common occurance....

once I was going through Bay St brighton and I was at a set of lights, a small car full of middle eastern guys stuck there head out " nice car mate" on guy goes " HOW MUCH POUNDSSSSS" I LOL'd soo hard

Hahah^ That's a good one.

I had a complete stranger take a photo of my R34 while it was parked out front of the local pub,and somehow I saw it on Facey,

and one of his mates had commented saying "so wot man.... its a r32...." And he was being dead serious.

Uploader replies "yer i no ay man".

Love my small country town :rolleyes:

Edited by comarcus93

Whilst in Sydney, have had a few middle-aged/older blokes compliment me about my car and proceed to have a bit of a yarn about it.

Never get 'random' younger people doing the same thing, but they will stare - must be a generational thing.

At a recent car meet I went to, I had someone ask me if I could pop the bonnet.. nek minnit there were around 15-20 people standing around my engine bay with several complimenting me about how clean and factory spec it was (chassis/mechanicals).

Surprisingly my car gets attention from guys and girls, even though its just a gtt.

Today, while I was at the lights, a very (very hot) lady crosses the road with her son. I see her. She sees me but looks the other way..

Next thing I see is the kid pulling her mum's hand and pointing to my car with a big wow to his face. It sure did made me laugh..

Yeah I get people looking at/asking about my car when they see me with it. Same as above it's a daily driver so it happens a fair bit.

The best couple I've had have been on the cruises that Assassin (James) organises. Both times I've had people wind down the windows and ask what was going on and about the car and stuff. One was a car full of young kids on their P's but the other time was a lady probably around 60 and her daughter and they were like 'wow your cars look amazing!!' That made me laugh, very unexpected

I bought a new fridge so had the box trailer on the back of the 33,

Came out of aldi with the fridge two young fellas where taking picks

Of 33 with trailer on. :-)