SAU Community

Is The Car Scene Dead?

Adz2332

Errrrmmmmm, you're in the SA thread man..........thats where we live LOL

I don't know where u guys live but in mandurah WA the car scene is very alive I'm with a group and we do stuff almost every month. Meets and cruises and most of us are younger. I'm 17 and you get the odd dickhead once in a while but most of us are normal talking about our cars going for drives and I haven't had much trouble with cops considering I drive a matte black r32 2 door with a big red p on it lol

haha tripper...the scene has died everywhere, not just s.a

qld/gold coast was out of control in the late 90;s early 2000s.., like adelaide in mid 90's or less, but thats all gone now aswell, so its not just s.a..

best bet now is just do some form of motorsport to get your fix

cheers

darren

A mate told me that there is a Mighty Car Mods meet at St Kilda car park this Sunday.

Although I'm not a massive fan of their video's, I might pop down for a look. Apparently there are over 800 people confirmed so far that are going.

Will give a good indication of where the car scene is in some respect. The last meet I went to was the Ben Simpson Cruise this year, and I really enjoyed it. Over 1000 cars and everyone was pretty cool while chatting to them about their cars at the start and finish

The car scene isn't dead it seems, the meet has been cancelled with over 1500 people confirmed going and only 600 car parks available

The guys are not talking about a once a year event they are talking about every fri/sat night there was stuff on, I'm not sure about this MCM thing ??? Really 1500 cars? Maybe a bit of self hype ! Promotion with out even having to turn up now ????

I organize GTR cruises every couple of months, great bunch of guys, no idiots or wanna-be's. we chat and help each other out and provide helpful info for anyone in the need.

also post up any events worth going to in aselaide

SAU is dead. I offered to be a cruise/event organizer for members and they wernt interested so I created a GTR Cruising SA Facebook group which anyone at this stage with any type of GTR is welcome to join.

if your interested in catch ups and cruises then pls join

mike

I'll admit i've been pretty slack lately, i havent attended any meetings. Mostly because the gtr has been shedbound for the past ~12 months and crusing in the Starlet isnt nearly as much fun.

I say bring back SAUSA Dawn Cruise! These were the ones i enjoyed the most. Nothing quite like it on a frosty winters morning :)

Hey Michael i didnt have any luck finding this group on facebook, send us all a link?

Its all underground now.

The car scene in adelaide was real good in the 90s because you HAD to go out to catch up with everyone. As mentioned earlier, every friday and saturday night you couldnt get near town without seeing swarms of modified cars. West terrace hungry jacks/freedom.... anzac highway hungry jacks/pizza hut.... anzac/south rd BP... kmart.... the old carpark at magic mountain and the one at the end of anzac hwy where the glenelg marina now sits...

We used to get blocked into that carpark by cops while they proceeded to defect every car in there... and yet we all came out again the next week.

Oh the camcorder videos i have from those days....

• Like 1

Who's interested in a bit of a meet then? perhaps on a fri/sat night we have a meet somewhere followed buy an 'enthusiast drive'. We get out the people who are still keen to meet new friends and have a spirited drive without concern for the man coming down on us.

Yeah its been a fair while since Ive taken the car out to do anything fun. I'm keen. Rather a small group cruise than the big NS cruises for sure

-D

been many many years since ive been out, used to cruise every weekend in my 33 (14 years ago) and all my other toys, the fresh fm cruises were the best 2000cars every make and model cruising side by side giving each other thumbs up, miss those days but alot of the guys who used to cruise have got married/mortgages (myself included) and alot of them have made dedicated track cars like myself cbf with the hassle of police and well having rego/insurance on a daily and a cruiser is expensive these days

unfortunatly it will never be the same especially with the amount of revenue that transport sa get they wont ever stop!

i want another cruiser but i need something fast which means a 35 as i cbf having a highly modified car haha :P

Hey guys I'm new to this stuff just my dream car and looking to go on cruse's but there is no gtst or any skyline cruse's . There is just the GTR curse but nothing else . Can someone message me telling when there is a cruse happening cause would like to see some cars and talk to anyone about there car and learn what I can do to my R33 gtst 93

• 5 months later...

I thoroughly enjoy the car scene now that it's dead. I still have my skyline and I drive it every other Sunday and don't get any bad attention. I drive by myself 90% of the time because it's a great escape from a fast paced week of work. I enjoy my car for me.

• 1 month later...

Is the car scene dead?

I remember only a few years back going to a car run or just a car meet every month.

People getting around to a car park, bonnets up, doors open, just checking out others cars etc. ..

What killed this??? Cops? Not enough time? Forums, not needing to see others to chat? Petrol costs?

I might be a bit older but geez I miss this!

Hanging out browsing cars on a nice warm night!

Now it just seems to hard to get people / cars together. No one seems interested in getting together.

Bring back the old days!

hey mate it is still going i got a club to bring all the skylines of adelaide together with about 500 members in 3 months and growing still!!

join Adelaide Skylines Club on FACEBOOK for meet greet cruises help buy and sell and swap skyline parts meet new peeps :)

adelaide car scene is a good place to be atm

recently we have had some massive cruzes, well organised and no real dramas.
Slowlife + highrollers
Slowlife + AFSR
Jafs last cruze
Ben Simpson memorial

to name a few big ones,
different forums still doing regular cruzes.

i think SAU-SA needs to have another summer cruze