SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

7 minutes ago, zloki said:

Yeah my bad, I didn't read any of the details just called them straight away lol.

The girl I spoke to said I couldn't drive it to work or the shops at all, which seemed silly but I didn't press her on it. 
I mentioned that I would still have my bike but I wanted to do more of a 50:50split 

Yeah a 5050 split is probably pushing it.

I drive my GTR like 1 time a fortnight lol

Just got 30k agreed out of RACV Classic/Vintage for $280/year while laid up, $500/year once it's out of the workshop. They said I can increase agreed value if I send in photos to show condition etc. The driving/storage rules sound similar to this NRMA deal.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:09 AM, WantGTR said:

What spec of VL qualifies for a 42k value?

Attached

On 9/8/2017 at 10:18 AM, WantGTR said:

I can understand a ss or group 3 variant or even a sv88 (which are worth more than 42k in some cases) but a sl or berlina. No way. Calais is even pushing it

Posted my price trying to help, not brag...A good modified or factory Calais Turbo fetches 40k+ and a clean factory yellow BT1 will get $70k all day in 2017. Crazy? Yes but it's real just like 34 GT-R prices.

engine bay small.jpg

• Like 1

Guys so last time i tried to insure through Shannons I go thte shock of my life at their offer.  My details and cars details:

34years old clean record

93 R32 GTR with everything, car cost me 33k and I have now spent over 100k on mods.   (hard to say that but it's true.)

Long story short its a 3.2l Nitto with Hollinger, M1 motec set to make upwards of 1250whp. Setup for Drag and eVents, If i went to sell the car at the moment it would probably have 100k tag on it.

Car is registered and clean, only goes to events, and driven once a month only down my residential street to keep everything running.

Whats the best plan of attack getting this thing insured and with who?

Thanks for any help

On 9/12/2017 at 8:02 PM, ess15 said:

Guys so last time i tried to insure through Shannons I go thte shock of my life at their offer.  My details and cars details:

34years old clean record

93 R32 GTR with everything, car cost me 33k and I have now spent over 100k on mods.   (hard to say that but it's true.)

Long story short its a 3.2l Nitto with Hollinger, M1 motec set to make upwards of 1250whp. Setup for Drag and eVents, If i went to sell the car at the moment it would probably have 100k tag on it.

Car is registered and clean, only goes to events, and driven once a month only down my residential street to keep everything running.

Whats the best plan of attack getting this thing insured and with who?

Thanks for any help

Is everything engineered? Hard to see insurance covering you should something ever happen if it's not engineered.