SAU Community

Sau.nsw Smsp South Track Day Wrap Up 22/9/14

luke gtr

I big thumbs up to the organisers. The day was run very well. I had a blast.

Commiserations to the owner of the R32 that hill the wall. Glad to hear you walked away from it though - that's the main thing.

Great bunch of guys and girls there. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

I've got some in-car video I will upload tonight, including the Corvette doing a nice pirouette. :)

Hey everyone,

Glad to have met some really nice people yesterday. I'm absolutely devastated about losing my pride and joy.

I think it was a combination of too much speed, cold tyres and oversteer....

Still not sure what I'll be doing with the car.....

• Like 7

Hey everyone,

Glad to have met some really nice people yesterday. I'm absolutely devastated about losing my pride and joy.

I think it was a combination of too much speed, cold tyres and oversteer....

Still not sure what I'll be doing with the car.....

you can build it, bigger, better, stronger.....

That was one of the nicest 32's around, at least you used it for what it was designed for. Although being pretty much show car quality it was brave. If you have the energy both emotionally and physically to re build it I'm sure it will be a work of art again but if not I'm sure we would all understand your pain

• Like 1

I do.(not crashed, but 3x sets of bearings and engine builds)

It's heart breaking.

But, generally with a build like that, it's an obsession.

And won't go away.

Build it again.

Then buy a cheap track car to thrash.

Either way, if you need a hand, or just to talk, let me know.

Hey peeps

Thanks for your support....I would love to restore my pride and joy but at the moment cash is tight and now with a small family....

She definitely was a one of a kind, at least I managed to keep the dream alive for 4 years. I have another dream....a hakosuka with an RB26.....just a matter of time.

I've posted up a thread in the sales section

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/448924-eoi-94-r32-gtr-with-front-end-damage/

If anyones interested in buying the car as is, please give me a call...

Cheers

K Si (0412 962 639)

you should be glad for a few things

1- you walked away

2- you have a super cool story to tell, not a "i crashed my car in traffic" story, but "I smacked the wall at Eastern Creek"

3 - that wall had it coming.

:)

• Like 2

Hey KC,

Sounds like you have a good outlook despite the situation. Condolences for your pride & joy mate.

I had an on track incident with my Wife's MX5 a few years back. When you stop and think about the calculated risks, a track is still the best place to let loose our cars. All too many fatalities occur on public roads where speed and 'objects' are factors. Given the speeds we do at the track, most walk away from accidents.

If you want to chat to someone who's been in your situation feel free to PM me.

big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers for getting this day up and running, had an absolute ball, the car went hard all day and shaved 2 seconds off my best time from last year

also thanks to Brian for taking me for a spin in the corvette, such a beast, and to Mark (Staz88) for sitting shotgun and teaching me how to spin out like a boss, ended up shaving off those 2 seconds straight up next timed session. Hopefully Luke got some footage from that passenger session, was quite fun

Cant beat the last session of the day though which we all seemed to treat as a fun session, jez blasting past me through the esses twice, and bighead overtaking me up the hill....... sideways....... was pissing myself laughing when i saw him coming in the mirror

• Like 1

big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers for getting this day up and running, had an absolute ball, the car went hard all day and shaved 2 seconds off my best time from last year

also thanks to Brian for taking me for a spin in the corvette, such a beast, and to Mark (Staz88) for sitting shotgun and teaching me how to spin out like a boss, ended up shaving off those 2 seconds straight up next timed session. Hopefully Luke got some footage from that passenger session, was quite fun

Cant beat the last session of the day though which we all seemed to treat as a fun session, jez blasting past me through the esses twice, and bighead overtaking me up the hill....... sideways....... was pissing myself laughing when i saw him coming in the mirror

:ph34r:

I had an absolute blast. Managed to knock off 3 seconds from my time last year which I'm stoked about.

A huge shout out to the organisers, thr marshals and time keepers at SMSP and to Dave running around all day keeping things running smoothly.

Also a thanks to Nick for riding shotgun with me giving me tips, I've got lots to work on.

I'll upload some footage over the next few days which also includes some epic flamage from the Nur

post-87530-14114409046656_thumb.jpg

post-87530-14114409239759_thumb.jpg