SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

8 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I reckon I'll smoke you in my R1 GTR mate,

honestly...

p.s. i flatshift at 8850rpm.

z-tune engine vs brett single turbo from a standstill, show me the money pal (and if i win you have to reply to all my sau posts and refer to me as big daddy)

What ever helps you sleep at night 

17 hours ago, admS15 said:

And if you lose?

His arse....

Still, from a outsider looking in, he talks the talk, but I haven't seen any slips or natsoft times.

Not saying his builds aren't impressive, it's just they have massive holes that let the rest down.

It's weird, his S15 is the most under engineered over engineered build I've seen for years.

Meh, let me know when you hit the strip, I'll bet a bag of donuts my old $10k VX SS commodore smokes Bokemons S15.

And it will do it all night long.

Now, where do I put this dirty spoon....?

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

This will cheer you boys up, Tiguan under 2 years old with less than 29k kms on it has a cracked thermostat housing.

It's going back next week for a new thermostat housing LOL.

Das auto

19 hours ago, mlr said:

His arse....

Still, from a outsider looking in, he talks the talk, but I haven't seen any slips or natsoft times.

Not saying his builds aren't impressive, it's just they have massive holes that let the rest down.

It's weird, his S15 is the most under engineered over engineered build I've seen for years.

Meh, let me know when you hit the strip, I'll bet a bag of donuts my old $10k VX SS commodore smokes Bokemons S15.

And it will do it all night long.

Now, where do I put this dirty spoon....?

GTR is full house. S15 will be full house with a bottom end, gearbox and brakes, not too far off, the rest of the car has had every part replaced LOL. When those big three items are working fine I'd rather get use out of them until they break.

• 2 weeks later...

I entered the Easter roll racing event and after it being cancelled again and again due to some flu going around the event was finally run on Friday night. 

I have managed to fix the traction issues and the car ran pretty much straight all night, I started on the lower boost setting and got a feel for it, then went up to the medium one and got a feel of that. Then I turned it up to the high setting and got a slight wiggle in the steering wheel but nothing to worry about but then it happened....... It lifted the head :( 

if I’m honest I can’t say it wasn’t expected, it’s the original head gasket that had some head studs put in without removing the head. So now i need to decide where to go from here 

here’s a video of the run where the head lifted, yes I got destroyed by that lambo 

• Sad 2

Just skim the head, new head gasket and studs then send it.

Thats what I should have done many years ago but now im way too far down the rabbit hole to back out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great build mate, it’s come a long way, I think you are just around the corner from me, I live in Harrington park, we should organise a drive one day, if both cars are ever running at the same time ??

Also, I’d love to pick your brain on a few things, seems our builds are similar. Mine lifted the head a while ago, got it sorted now but the build has kind of run away from me and is doing what it likes, I just pay the bills ?

• Like 1

Thanks mate, looks like we are around the corner because I’m in Currans hill. Would love to go for a drive some time!

I don’t think my build will ever be to the level of yours but anything I can help with I’m happy to help 

Well the box it out againF810E9E1-7F7D-447F-B49B-4E9D0AA9143F.thumb.jpeg.86e70b26cebf145f49d4bec50663e27f.jpegAnd was sold to someone in Melbourne

Picked this up along with a few other bits I need to make the new gearbox work

BFD8B20A-3AD4-42A7-9D28-756124E05294.thumb.jpeg.a6c726aedf1d5c4b47171d99cce32b67.jpeg

and 10 of these to rebuild it and hold the extra power it’ll be making F5EBAAEB-B350-4325-9B5A-EB424BE45625.thumb.jpeg.8eecbeeca9d9dadae9b8abf6bc4544db.jpeg

• Like 1