SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

GTS-T in for panelbeating, copped a free loan car cause being not at fault is awesome. Ain't that right Simon?

'16 Hyundai Accent with 2000km on it and new car smell. Shit has come a long way since the 90s. 6.2L/100km vs my 18-19 on E85...they can keep the Skyline.

1 hour ago, Birds said:

GTS-T in for panelbeating, copped a free loan car cause being not at fault is awesome. Ain't that right Simon?

That... is not right... not with Shannons, since it's not stolen I don't get a hire car. Booo. Do get a coupon code for reduced rates with Hertz, but thats about it

Where is everyone from?
I'm super paranoid about mine getting stolen! I'm from dandenong though haha.

So with my nistune ecu am I supposed to be running a z32 ecu?
Ive got a standard rb20/25 afm on

'16 Hyundai Accent with 2000km on it and new car smell. Shit has come a long way since the 90s. 6.2L/100km vs my 18-19 on E85...they can keep the Skyline.

Lol. This from the most painfully rusted on R33 fanboy

39 minutes ago, HEKT1K said:

Lol. This from the most painfully rusted on R33 fanboy

Jestful remark is jestful. There's no joy in the Hyundai - don't know what dezz is raving about. Every CVT flare and disregard for speed bumps is soulless.

That... is not right... not with Shannons, since it's not stolen I don't get a hire car. Booo. Do get a coupon code for reduced rates with Hertz, but thats about it

Why you going through your insurance if not at fault?
  • Like 1

Where is everyone from?
I'm super paranoid about mine getting stolen! I'm from dandenong though haha.

So with my nistune ecu am I supposed to be running a z32 ecu?
Ive got a standard rb20/25 afm on

f**k, do I need to spoon feed you through your whole build?

*1 R33 RB25DET Skyline

The original R33 RB25DET ECU cannot be used with a Nistune board

(a) We recommend sourcing an R32 Skyline ECU which is compatible. These ECUs require little modification and reuse existing O2 sensor, knock sensor and TPS sensor (TPS idle switch is replaced by soft switch in firmware) and come with RB25 base maps and are the recommended ECU for tuning

Nissan ECU Part numbers on front of R32 ECU case:
23710-04Uxx: Uses spare LED output to run VCT
23710-11Uxx: Uses fuel pump idle control output to run VCT

VCT modification information here

Note: Series 2 there is no IACV (Air cond output idle up control valve) output on these ECUs. Recommend wiring IACV solenoid directly to the AC relay (same as Series 1)

Note: Manual transmission models only supported. If using an automoatic transmission model R33 Skyline then reportedly the R32 Skyline automatic transmission control module will work

(b) Alternative option is the Z32 300ZX VG30DE (1990-1992) / Z32 300ZX VG30DETT (1990-1993) ECU

These ECUs use different knock sensors which will need to be disabled, some other modification including connecting both O2 sensors together and removing fuel temp input to the ECU are required. There are mixed reports with tuning these particular ECUs so we recommend using the R32 ECU where possible.

Modification information here
Part number listing information here

https://www.nistune.com/equipment-products-type2.php

11 hours ago, Odium said:

That's a load of shit from them...I didn't even involve my insurance company. Just a third party assessor / litigation lawyer who the panel beater referred me to. The woman who hit me admitted fault and her insurance company took on the liability, so everything I'm out of pocket after that is on her insurance, hence free loan car because I ticked the box that said I don't have access to other transport.

Involving the lawyers has turned $1000 worth of panelbeating into a several thousand dollar claim.

• Like 1

Because I didn't trust the other guy at all, kept trying to avoid insurance... and I had to push to get the name of his insurance company... which turned out to be a broker. I don't have the time or knowledge to do it all myself.

So letting Shannons deal with it, then charge everything to the broker of the other guy.

On Saturday morning a 4wd behind me at a set of lights smashed his foot on the accelerator as soon as the lights went green, without realising that the first car (and thus me as the second car) hadn't started moving forwards yet.

Didn't seem like a hard hit, but once I got home and opened the boot, everything was way off from where it should be. Grrrrr.

Bathurst ticket went down a treat.

that said I drive a clapped out falcon ute, drink VB, and are moving to the country.

much prefer to be classified as a bogan than a hipster..

on a side note, my old Noise Cancelling headphones are officially dead, ordered some Bose QC35's should be a nice upgrade

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Odium said:

Because I didn't trust the other guy at all, kept trying to avoid insurance... and I had to push to get the name of his insurance company... which turned out to be a broker. I don't have the time or knowledge to do it all myself.

So letting Shannons deal with it, then charge everything to the broker of the other guy.

That's fair enough as that's also what your insurance company is for, and as the other party has been identified you're not liable for an excess etc. However they're still screwing you on the loan car and probably doing it because they know they might not recover costs from this guy and it'll only add to their bill.

4 hours ago, Odium said:

On Saturday morning a 4wd behind me at a set of lights smashed his foot on the accelerator as soon as the lights went green, without realising that the first car (and thus me as the second car) hadn't started moving forwards yet.

Didn't seem like a hard hit, but once I got home and opened the boot, everything was way off from where it should be. Grrrrr.

It doesn't take much to cave in the Skyline rear end. My rear end damage that I've had for 2 years (crunched in bootlid and rear bar) came from my car slowly rolling backwards into a car with a bullbar...8km/h max. I'm getting this stuff fixed at the same time as the current front end damage, so should be looking nice again.