SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Yeah that's very true

Like I said I have given this engine plenty over the years so I'm not unhappy...I've expected so much and got so much in return. The plus side is that an RB25 is all of $1000 for a second handy if it is in fact a blown head gasket. Might consider an alloy radiator for this one...

Stop killing rb25's, those engines are my Plan B when the rb20 pops.

Stop killing rb25's, those engines are my Plan B when the rb20 pops.

But they're so cheap, powerful and reliable

It's actually my preferred option right now to buy a second handy and swap it in rather than pay someone to diagnose a head gasket issue, pull off the head, machine bits and replace anything wonky, then reinstall everything.

I don't have a driveway...

Dare I organise a working bee to get this shit done? Who would properly come? It would probably have to take place at Scotty's who at least has a hoist for dat dere lower car onto engine approach.

"The Birds and the bee" - help get me back on track. Free bbq and severe amounts of alcohol supplied.

• Like 1

In for VWL engine swap. I can manage the change. Just in case the gearbox doesn't get along with the new engine & the alternator starts looking for other opportunities.

But what do you do when a rumour starts that the ecu is considering a transfer to another vehicle and neither denies nor confirms it?

• Like 1