SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

2 hours ago, dezz said:

I was of the same opinion, albeit without ever having researched the subject at all... I just assumed they'd just wash off etc but from everyone I've spoken to that has or has had it, they rate it..

Did you sus out any of his detailing photos? I looked at the blue mustang and black maloo photos and couldn't work out if he's not that good or just an average photographer..

Prolly just shit photos. Makes it look like all he's done is lightly wax the car. Need to take detailing photos in the right lights. My phone pics look better than that.

Also look up "post purchase dissonance" - most people have a tendency to say something they've bought is good, particularly if a sales pitch was involved in their purchase.

1 minute ago, Daz said:

Buy me a gearbox :)

Gf...you prolly earn twice what I do. Seen you scoping the for sale section for them ;)

• Like 1

Any experts in headunits?

Been out of the game too long? Just want one that plays from phone and usb and any other cool features im not aware of

Also where to buy a loud as F**k horn so people stop merging into me

17 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Any experts in headunits?

Been out of the game too long? Just want one that plays from phone and usb and any other cool features im not aware of

Also where to buy a loud as F**k horn so people stop merging into me

Amps and speakers are more important than the head unit

So just buy for looks and features, e.g. Bluetooth, audio in, USB, as they all do much the same thing

www.narva.com.au/products/browse/horns

Get the triple

I have a mechless alpine headunit lying around you can have for like $80 or something. Pretty sure it has bluetooth, will have to check.

I paid like $400 for it and ran it in the pulsar for 2 years or something (aka 500kms)

Single DIN or Double DIN?

I put a Double DIN touchscreen in the Evo, a Pioneer DEH-X5xxxx(???) and it has been flawless. Phone -> Bluetooth -> Head Unit... + Wireless charging for the phone, means there's not a cable in sight. 

27 minutes ago, Odium said:

As of early this month, the skyrine no longer has rego.

Awwww, time to buy a 4wd or tow car then, you will run out of mates pretty quickly if you keep breaking their tow cars. 

• Like 1

MIght as well drive it, it's depreciating as we speak anyway

People keep mentioning depreciation when they hear I bought a brand new car...

I'm pretty happy I don't live with that mentality
  • Like 2

Black car lyf. Isnt specific to winter.

Inb4 buys evo for daily

'99 excel serving me very well as a daily.. Spent ~$100 on maintenance other than scheduled servicing in 90,000kms of ownership thus far

3 minutes ago, dezz said:

Couldn't buy a second hand ute to tow a brand new jetski..

You've gotta live..

LOL however your jetski is already 6 months old. thing would only be worth like $30 now :P

Just now, dezz said:

'99 excel serving me very well as a daily.. Spent ~$100 on maintenance other than scheduled servicing in 90,000kms of ownership thus far

amazing! I'm shocked you are still driving it though