SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Barry believes it, with E85. RB26s with 98 make about 340-350 with GT-SS.

Im not sure of the state of the car itself, but fair level of supporting mods to get it up to 400 i thought. Solid fuel pump setup, big exhaust (and all the GTR conspiracies that come with twins), clutch... Im sure there is other stuff i havent thought of.

i'm just going to throw it out there... but has anyone considered that the RP dyno might just read lower than others?

(not that it matters in any case)

It's all marketing...

- make the dyno read low where people have money to spend for more upgrades

- make the dyno read high where people are a one-time show so they can advertise & bring in more business

illuminati

i'm just going to throw it out there... but has anyone considered that the RP dyno might just read lower than others?

(not that it matters in any case)

Yes but not nearly as fun as paying out hub dyno people for thinking they have more power than they do

• Like 1

I can't see there being an issue with it hitting 400 on e85... it would be absolute max but should be possible

Yeah either way I don't really care about the top end power figure; never have. Within reason (obviously I'll be shitty if it finishes up at 250), but it's the midrange and linear torque I want here. I judge this by acceleration and seat of the pants alone.

Yes but not nearly as fun as paying out hub dyno people for thinking they have more power than they do

Will never forget the '450rwkw supra' on e85 at the chasers dyno day rocking up with skinny 17s on the back did a bout 10 runs to try and beat the 2 falcons :P

Yeah either way I don't really care about the top end power figure; never have. Within reason (obviously I'll be shitty if it finishes up at 250), but it's the midrange and linear torque I want here. I judge this by acceleration and seat of the pants alone.

Yeah the falcon 4l turbos are quicker than the 5l v8s (at same or similar power) because of the power curve pretty much constantly on their max power output whereas the v8s wind up. My power on a 6 pretty much runs 10s

Can't beat dat dere instant torque and response on the 8 doe

Whats eta on your gtr?

Edited by UNR33L

As soon as Barry gives me an ETA I'll multiply it by 2-3 and let you know

Waiting for some parts at the moment apparently

Doing some oil supply bulletproofing

Only has to be 50% of value for write off I thought? 2k excess sucks but that's nothing compared to what i'd get paid out if needed

Daily driver but I think on policy is only 10,000km a year

Edited by UNR33L