SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

So good to start seeing this thread take off again :)

@Lithium: Nice work so far. Hoping to see a 20 PSI dyno this weekend :D

And now i know what to order next for my 7064 setup to finally hold to the door uh i mean boost... :D

Also 300KW at the wheels will most likely need a little over 20 PSI.

I made 285 @ the wheels with about 21 PSI, when I had the stock manifold on my RB25 Neo.

Wasn't pushed to the limit though, as we had no EGT and started getting misfires at above 23 PSI.

Actually the misfire issue is still persisting with my current setup (plazmaman intake, 6boost exhaust manifold).

Doesn't matter if I use splitfires (mileage unknown) or LS2 coils either... will get the CAS replaced in the next weeks, but not sure if that will solve anything.

Won't be on the dyno this weekend, not sure when we will be able to do that but expect months to be a more appropriate measure for what to expect than days.

Have you adjusted the dwell to suit the LS2 coils ?

Edited by Lithium

Well i should have the new EFR turbo test fitted on the new manifold tomorrow, we can then fab the new dump and position the twin gates etc... Will get some pics and video of the setup coming together...  Hopefully the parts will get coated quickly and we can have the car running in a week or two ready to go to Jez to tune...

RB25NEO internally stock engine with EFR8374 1.05ewg... Dedicated circuit car so should be an interesting swap from the HTA3076 that has served me well for years...

Here is a fab vid from last night - 

• Like 5

Wow, that is pretty serious!!! Look forward to seeing how this comes out, there has been a lot of hard sell for these and if it it works out well it should make some big power with decent response!  

Big motor spec and E85 hopefully?

2 minutes ago, Lithium said:

Wow, that is pretty serious!!! Look forward to seeing how this comes out, there has been a lot of hard sell for these and if it it works out well it should make some big power with decent response!  

Big motor spec and E85 hopefully?

Yes, I believe so anyways:

Pec rods H beam

arp 2000 rod bolts

arp 2000 head studs

1.4mm tomei mls headgasket

tomei pon cam B 260 9.16

graded bearings

stock crank

blue printed gaskets mls

bronze valve guides

wossner pistons 86.5mm (8.5:1 compression)

Tune for 91 octane and E85. Previously was -5's. I am sure these will perform better in literally every single way. I am excited to get and share results! Probably be up and running around this time in July. 

Looking good Mr Lith . I guess we always want more , guilty , but I'm wondering what you'd think of a 7670 in the same form . I'd like to think that it would be more responsive than a GT3076R and get the round 300 figure with less boost like say 17 -18 pounds .

I'll have to look for dimensions but pics I've seen of the T4 twin scroll IW housing looks like they put the turbos centre line a bit closer to the mount flange face . Makes me wonder how it would fit up in an R33 with a flange adapter plate . If you're reading this Geoff what does your crystal ball say the response difference is like with a TS 7670 vs single scroll T3 7064 .

Cheers A . 

9 hours ago, Lithium said:

Won't be on the dyno this weekend, not sure when we will be able to do that but expect months to be a more appropriate measure for what to expect than days.

Have you adjusted the dwell to suit the LS2 coils ?

Ah, okay.

Yes, dwell was adjusted for the LS2.

Well i should have the new EFR turbo test fitted on the new manifold tomorrow, we can then fab the new dump and position the twin gates etc... Will get some pics and video of the setup coming together...  Hopefully the parts will get coated quickly and we can have the car running in a week or two ready to go to Jez to tune...

RB25NEO internally stock engine with EFR8374 1.05ewg... Dedicated circuit car so should be an interesting swap from the HTA3076 that has served me well for years...

What kind of power are you looking to make and what did the HTA previously make?

I'd be more than concerned to turn the boost up with a stock engine.

So, this is finally happening. EFR 6758 twins with Full-Race kit setup.

Sweet :)

1 minute ago, MotHot said:

What kind of power are you looking to make and what did the HTA previously make?

I'd be more than concerned to turn the boost up with a stock engine.

HTA made a peak power of 524whp or 391kw @ 28psi

On track we have been running between 15 & 22psi so more like  400-450hp to keep everything safe.

The engine is the factory engine and has last 10 years in my ownership so far, it is beginning to get tired and i will have another fresh NEO lined up to go in soon!

Hoping to run the 8374 and a nice sedate 500-550hp on track if all goes well!

The EFR 8374 took a few minor mods to fit... But sits well! 

Gate pipes, dump pipe etc were all completed over the weekend and are off getting coated.

This was from one of the test fits on Saturday! Looks like heaps of space but once everything started to go together with both gates etc its quite tight.

594f64324a387_Testfitturbo.thumb.jpg.27bb2dd2915467ecc838e91873944716.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/21/2017 at 11:07 AM, Lithium said:

Check this site out if you are struggling in Oz: http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/efr-turbos.html

Dude is very straight up, responds quickly and tends to have quite a bit of stock on hand.  I was just chatting to him and he has an EFR9174 supercore in stock right now and reckons he could have it to Oz by mid next week

Just an update and a huge thankyou to Lithium, I've been trying to get a 9174 for months without success but these guys came through with the goods immediately. cancelled my sparesbox order as they were hopeless.

the guys at NZ performance are absolute legends. ordered on Thursday from NZ, turned up in Brisbane first thing this morning. wanted to wait until I had one in my hands before commenting though!

I'll be ordering more bits from those guys 100%.

Edited by burn4005
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, burn4005 said:

Just an update and a huge thankyou to Lithium, I've been trying to get a 9174 for months without success but these guys came through with the goods immediately. cancelled my sparesbox order as they were hopeless.

the guys at NZ performance are absolute legends. ordered on Thursday from NZ, turned up in Brisbane first thing this morning. wanted to wait until I had one in my hands before commenting though!

I'll be ordering more bits from those guys 100%.

My pleasure man,  I don't normally point people away from their normal sources but it seemed like it was being WAY more difficult than it should be - typing a few words at a couple of people and seeing a great outcome for so little effort definitely floats my boat :)  

I figured you'd hold off on commenting until it arrived - you can see why I have no issue making such a strong vouch for them!  Btw, just told Paul it's arrived, he wasn't actually expecting it to arrive there for another day or so haha - must have timed the shipping etc well :D

Post results, please!

13 minutes ago, Griffin said:

How much did it cost from these guys? What rear housing did you get thanks?

got a cast CHRA core, I already have a 1.05 A/R housing to suit.

I'd rather not post pricing on a forum as they don't list 9174s on their site and I've had to deal with customers that have said "someone on the internet only paid X"

suffice to say it was cheaper than anyone in Australia or the USA could get one to me incl. postage. which was a nice suprise!

Edited by burn4005
  • Like 1