SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

That one works fine cheers mate! That BOV would be getting very hot without heat shielding I imagine, did he go to a full race metal cover? I hadn't heard any mention of the noise these things made either until Greg mentioned it. Hopefully the 6758 is just as noisy but it has the type a front which isn't anti-surged and only 2.5" inlet.

What is the boost target ?

If lower than 25psi on a 3.4L go 9180 1.05 a/r.

If higher than that go 9174 1.45 as the compressor will spin close to the max rpm the 80mm turbine can take.

4 hours ago, rb30det_ said:

Has anyone here run a EFR 9174 or 9180 1.05Ar on a RB30 or Stroker??  Looking at running a Borgy on a 26/3.4. But cannot decide .. Looking to see what would work best in a drift car

for a 3L or 3.4L the single EFR will choke.  Twin EFR is my recommendation.

2 hours ago, R_34 said:

What is the boost target ?  If lower than 25psi on a 3.4L go 9180 1.05 a/r.  If higher than that go 9174 1.45 as the compressor will spin close to the max rpm the 80mm turbine can take.

both of those options will likely choke due to backpressure on a 3.4L engine

7 hours ago, Lithium said:

Weird, ok this then

594200a32fa81_EFR7064stand.thumb.png.e8783a0ea74a4cac679c4e6bea9cd81a.png

some more photos of similar

rb25-t3-b2efr.jpg

rb25-t3-b2efr-1.jpg

rb25-t3-b2efr-2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone here run a EFR 9174 or 9180 1.05Ar on a RB30 or Stroker??  Looking at running a Borgy on a 26/3.4. But cannot decide .. Looking to see what would work best in a drift car :)

Long thread but 8374 on 3.2 results towards the end

27 minutes ago, Full-Race Geoff said:

for a 3L or 3.4L the single EFR will choke.  Twin EFR is my recommendation.

both of those options will likely choke due to backpressure on a 3.4L engine.

Ever taken any EGP readings on combo's like this, Geoff?

Has anyone here run a EFR 9174 or 9180 1.05Ar on a RB30 or Stroker??  Looking at running a Borgy on a 26/3.4. But cannot decide .. Looking to see what would work best in a drift car :)

Page 26 on this thread has my result on a 26/3.2 EFR8374

Tune #1 done, I was a bit concerned about this happening but it is what it is - the BW EFR internal wastegate is a big pile of fail and blows open as exhaust pressure builds.  The turbo itself seems to perform awesome, VE is holding nicely up to 7000rpm so far and no hints of excess back pressure, intake temps never reached 30C... I'm going to try and get video of the gate opening as rpm increase despite having 80% duty on the boost control solenoid.

256kw at 14psi, hitting 18psi by 3500rpm - will be revisited at some point with a Turbosmart dual port actuator.  Car drives basically like a Euro, it spools better on the road than my Mazdaspeed 3 with the stock K04 :O

EFR7064 Boost.jpg

EFR7064 Power.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lithium said:

Tune #1 done, I was a bit concerned about this happening but it is what it is - the BW EFR internal wastegate is a big pile of fail and blows open as exhaust pressure builds.  The turbo itself seems to perform awesome, VE is holding nicely up to 7000rpm so far and no hints of excess back pressure, intake temps never reached 30C... I'm going to try and get video of the gate opening as rpm increase despite having 80% duty on the boost control solenoid.

256kw at 14psi, hitting 18psi by 3500rpm - will be revisited at some point with a Turbosmart dual port actuator.  Car drives basically like a Euro, it spools better on the road than my Mazdaspeed 3 with the stock K04

In case folks hadn't been following, the above is a T3 0.83 internally gated EFR7064 on an RB25 - btw.

A helpful mate has offered use of his high pressure BW actuator to test out on this car to make sure that fixes it before buying things, thanks @Sub Boy32!    Hoping that it allows us to hold around 18-19psi, or whatever it seems appropriate to run :)

• Like 3