SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

43 minutes ago, VFRegal said:

Very similar results to my sr20 with 7163. You definitely want to get the 4 port mac and dual port turbosmart actuator.

I bang on about this a lot, but find a 12watt solendoid MAC valve, its useful duty cycle range is much larger than the 5.4w version and gives more granular control (which is important on a 4 port implementation)

ebay "MAC 46A-HIGH FREQUENCY"

49 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Thanks eagerly waiting your results once you've sorted out your setup :)  

I like the fact you are in this thread. Time to bin your junk turbo

I ended up ordering a 9174. When told back then they didn't have any I asked if anything from a 7670, 8374 or 9180 was available which was annoying because I had to give them each part number .

Was then told they'd call me back in 15 minutes. After waiting a few hours I called them back. This went on for about 4 days til I eventually just said I'd wait til mid June for what I ordered as they couldn't work out if they had any of those models in stock.

I'd be surprised if they are able to get any of the efr turbos.

If anybody could put me onto someone with stock at a good price that would be wonderful thanks.

41 minutes ago, acsplit said:

Hey Andrew

Given that your quite close to the boys at racepace what is their opinion of EFR vs GTX Gen 2?

2 hours ago, acsplit said:

Well ill let you know if i like being in this thread in a few weeks :10_wink:

The HTA was an epic turbo for the past 4 years as an all rounder but its time to step it up a notch... The 8374 should do that :cool:

17 minutes ago, 34GeeTeeTee said:

Well ill let you know if i like being in this thread in a few weeks :10_wink:

The HTA was an epic turbo for the past 4 years as an all rounder but its time to step it up a notch... The 8374 should do that :cool:

1.05 yeah?

single or twin gate? How is the boost control set up? 

1 minute ago, Piggaz said:

1.05 yeah?

single or twin gate? How is the boost control set up? 

1.05 TS yes...

Twin 40mm turbosmart gates...

Its not setup yet... Whatever Jez says goes in terms of setup :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The "cracking" pressure of the new one is around 17psi, the old one around 8-9psi.   The plan was to run it up to around 20psi, or at least what it would run happily - last time that obviously wasn't a thing.

People I know in NZ seem to have been getting them VERY quickly lately, there may be a bit of stock for some EFRs if people in Oz may want to get one from here - I can enquire if needed.

Check this site out if you are struggling in Oz: http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/efr-turbos.html

Dude is very straight up, responds quickly and tends to have quite a bit of stock on hand.  I was just chatting to him and he has an EFR9174 supercore in stock right now and reckons he could have it to Oz by mid next week

25 minutes ago, burn4005 said:

having a real hard time sourcing a 9174 super core either cast or alloy chra, doesn't matter which.

anyone have any leads?

Just on that, I see SPARESBOX have them and most of the efr range on eBay now listed as being in stock and for delivery in a few days . I called to ask WTF as I'm told to wait til September. They said they all come from their warehouse in USA and will take 7 business days. 

I believe this is very misleading so be careful purchasing on eBay through Sparesbox. I'm not sure what if they are waiting for the us dollar to change or what. 

The 2 options I see are paying a premium from someone like gcg who may have something on the shelf or buy from the states  and hope nothing goes wrong.

Someone from this forum needs to bring a container load here. ?