SAU Community

S13 Sprint/Time Attack Style Build

No Crust Racing

If serious about racing I would be looking at a quality rim, you'll be kerb hoping a bit as it is quicker in some places. I run the TE37s in 17x9 with a 255 and if I ever decide to go bigger I'll look at another set most likely.
Racing and having a reliable car ain't cheap and rough guess with what your spending on the motor, decent wheels will be a drop in the ocean and worth the investment.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 12:36 PM, robbo_rb180 said:

If serious about racing I would be looking at a quality rim, you'll be kerb hoping a bit as it is quicker in some places. I run the TE37s in 17x9 with a 255 and if I ever decide to go bigger I'll look at another set most likely.
Racing and having a reliable car ain't cheap and rough guess with what your spending on the motor, decent wheels will be a drop in the ocean and worth the investment.

That mean's I need to save some money somewhere 😅

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:44 PM, MBS206 said:

Sell the children? To speed savings, just give them away for free...

Oh man if only... 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:37 AM, bcozican said:

Dont forget rotational mass weight saving is 3 to 1 also

But yes theoretically good, strong , light wheels for sure but also ive still buckles "best jap wheels" and sigh

The overall combo youre building is strong 💪

Yep I've been made acutely aware as I've been swapping rotors over. 

I'm inclined to just kick off with an Enkei or something and see how we go though I note HFM are doing GT-R replica forged wheels for just over 2k, but not in 18x10 or 10.5 so I've asked if they are doing anything in that size as they were seeking feedback. 

They're following me on Instagram now too after I posted about the rotors (tryna build that audience and will keep trying to help you guys build yours). 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 4:44 PM, ActionDan said:

First day in 11 years and what 700hp+ or something? 

Into the weeds lol 

Yes but no. 

Start with 450hp and see how it goes. Should go alright with Z221 295 Hankooks all round.

I'm running Enkei RPF1's but reading the above might have to look at other options if I get into it again. Koya seem to have some well priced semi forged wheels.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:11 PM, SRS13 said:

Yes but no. 

Start with 450hp and see how it goes. Should go alright with Z221 295 Hankooks all round.

I'm running Enkei RPF1's but reading the above might have to look at other options if I get into it again. Koya seem to have some well priced semi forged wheels.

Got a build thread any where on this car?

On 1/20/2022 at 9:11 PM, SRS13 said:

Yes but no. 

I forgot you managed to get 295s under it, that will help for sure. 

Which track you going to shake down at? 

Was looking over the car last night with a mate, and how's this.. Does that look like the bearing is leaking to you?

This hasn't even had a wheel mounted or been on the ground lol 

Reached out to Justjap to discuss. 

No description available.

Also did some shake downs on over last few days and the weekend on the rail trail with the family then on some basic trails near my place solo, was good fun. Will be doing more soon I think, just seeing what comes up sore first lol 

I live across the road from a Distillery so stopping buy for a beer or a Whiskey is a nice bonus :D

May be an image of bicycle and outdoorsMay be an image of bicycle, tree and natureMay be an image of outdoors and tree

I see what looks like oil, i dont expect oil in there, id expect grease, right? (Ive never pulled apart a sealed bearing, only ever "normal" ones that are packed with grease.)

Is it a brake line dropping oil from anywhere on it?

On 1/29/2022 at 3:29 PM, MBS206 said:

I see what looks like oil, i dont expect oil in there, id expect grease, right? (Ive never pulled apart a sealed bearing, only ever "normal" ones that are packed with grease.)

Is it a brake line dropping oil from anywhere on it?

My brake fluid is yellow, diff fluid is yellow. 

There are no other fluids in that area, there's no gearbox in the car and nothing dipping from above etc. 

JustJap are replacing it when they get stock after showing it to ZSS. 

To me it looks like when grease "sweats" and you get a thinner residue trickling down between spaces.

Picked up some slicks and borrowed some rims from a mate to do some test fitting to work out what we need to do body work/suspension wise to fit it all. 

• Thanks 1

Alright alright alright, So test fitting last night, 18x10 ET20, 305 Pirelli Slicks. 

- Calipers cleared nicely (received my R34 GTT Caliper bolts which fit into the caliper, cannot test on knuckle yet as I still need a 14mm jobber bit)
- Shock towers fouled up front, fine out back. 
- Adjusted camber bolt in the shock mount to stand the knuckle up, not enough.
- Chucked on some little 10mm machine spacers from another project on the wheel studs to simulate ET10, and now we have this little bit of clearance shown below, is that enough? Given I will likely need to add camber for slicks I am thinking no? 
- Could extend LCA's, in y head you can do this to add camber and not change rim to shock clearance, is that correct? 
- Front fouls guard plastics during turns, but I have tubs on the way already (realised I will have less space for intake, oil cooler etc). 
- Looks like they clear at the rear of the front guards, but IO had considered cutting/folding those for air extraction (and maybe guard vents on top DTM style?)
- Rears fit fine, though the inner guard lip we trimmed back will need to be trimmed further or cut/folder and either camber added (currently -1.5) or slightly larger flares/guards fitted. 

Maybe just got 50mm widebody guards front and rear? Those flares are 25mm already and I'm not a huge fan of the bigger 50mm version, maybe they could look OK colour coded to the car when it gets painted. 

Thoughts/comments/experience welcomed. 

20220201_204944.thumb.jpg.e06a72e9ac42c078d63d41a763ac1305.jpg20220201_204929.thumb.jpg.7dd28519bff10c7cc0090e442318282c.jpg20220201_205030.thumb.jpg.ada3716ff329799f379465cdf376735f.jpg20220201_210021.thumb.jpg.bfdea0c13710c9fdbb6fe0978ac332f9.jpg20220201_204953.thumb.jpg.a0f6e0a2acf72458901cc1ac6aad3181.jpg20220201_205015.thumb.jpg.c41d472f3da5d178c712217b29762ee5.jpg20220201_203307.thumb.jpg.7f70958efb1e6ccdd0514a79e1e7e9c7.jpg20220201_203235.thumb.jpg.1de487c4d9ea56f1d257a8ffd049c97c.jpg20220201_205139.thumb.jpg.d67018906ed14a3dcd504af8ee970757.jpg

Edited by ActionDan

i dont mind the bigger flares look if you blend them in I had them on my rear only and got used to them pretty quickly

If you got the time, effort, money and desire I think bigger guards are the way forward

How much front camber  you got on there ? surely 4 deg ++ is needed

On 2/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, bcozican said:

i dont mind the bigger flares look if you blend them in I had them on my rear only and got used to them pretty quickly

If you got the time, effort, money and desire I think bigger guards are the way forward

How much front camber  you got on there ? surely 4 deg ++ is needed

It had -3.5 up front, but I've taken some out for clearance, though after adding the spacers I may be able to put that back. It used to max at -2.5 prior to those camber bolts.

I'm thinking extended LCA, but does that alter clearance to the shock or nah?

you'll need more than 3.5 deg for sure - extend the LCAs by boxing them out 20mm or I think S14 or R33 are 10 - 15mm longer standard - or both

Wont effect clearance as its pulling it from the bottom - unless you extend the LCA so much you can pull the camber across also causing some clearence but I dont think you'll get that much outta it even at max

Edited by bcozican