SAU Community

RB20 Turbo selection (twinscroll housing advice)

2 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Nothing has happened for a while but it kicked off again recently. Will be same same but different. Complete PRP and MoTeC catalogue thrown at the car. Will keep you updated

The real Don Mega huh? ?

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mick_o said:

The real Don Mega huh? ?

yeah except im not a fkn flog and pull my diddly over it on the forums. My car didnt even go to overpriced workshops in sydney so god knows how it will even make it past first start.

47 minutes ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

yeah except im not a fkn flog and pull my diddly over it on the forums. My car didnt even go to overpriced workshops in sydney so god knows how it will even make it past first start.

It's different when you're connected :)

I know what happens BTS.

Haha they are to reliable for me. Need that stock 30 year old Nissan 'will I make it where I'm going or will I break my oil pump halfway there' feeling to keep me comfortable. It does annoy me how quickly they spool turbos though and Benny has got them dialled.

• Like 1

I would convert to DBW in a heartbeat if the only real option to keep the ITB setup wasnt 4k AUD. It's so so much better than cable its stupid. I have never dabbled with kebabtech traction control but with MoTeC it works flawlessly ?

On 27/06/2020 at 7:41 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

I would convert to DBW in a heartbeat if the only real option to keep the ITB setup wasnt 4k AUD. It's so so much better than cable its stupid. I have never dabbled with kebabtech traction control but with MoTeC it works flawlessly ?

There was talks of someone on this forum using the ITB DBW from a BMW on this forum, but not sure if it materialised. Maybe you can be the first hahaah

40 minutes ago, Komdotkom said:

Mines just a single TB on a Plazmaman intake, not the ITB setup so it's nothing fancy. This is from last year.

JAA90yA.jpg

any particular reason for converting to DBW? do you now have cruise control or anything?

It's a race car and has Motec everything so DBW is used for idle control and I'm a big believer 'in if it's worth doing, it's worth over doing'

I wanted a forward facing TB and would have had to purchase a larger unit anyway so there was essentially no significant cost difference between DBW and a cable throttle.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You get to piss off the idle control valve and aux air control valve (both are slow and lazy).

@Komdotkom any plans to run traction control?

Yes, it's got most of the Motec catalogue in it so runs just about everything you can think of. Just missing tyre temp sensors and suspension position sensors I think.

At the moment it runs 'traditional' Motec traction control strategy but I was considering a DBW TB in the intake pipe after the IC to bleed off boost as a form of TC which was very effective because it doesn't impact engine speed an efficiency as much as other strategies. A mate ran his IPRA car like this with excellent results.

12 hours ago, Komdotkom said:

I must win the over capitalisation contest then, my RB20 is DBW!

It makes me so mad that a genuine Bosch DBW throttle is only about $400 installed and that its 10x the price to do it on ITB, sadpanda.you go 68 or 74mm?

11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

There was talks of someone on this forum using the ITB DBW from a BMW on this forum, but not sure if it materialised. Maybe you can be the first hahaah

It was Stephen from IEE and even after talking to him it was still the best part of 2.5k AUD and that was before the 'rona and AUD tanking. I just decided to absolutely tap out my M130 instead haha.

6x INJ
6x IGN
MAP
Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressue
Coolant Pressure
Crankcase Pressure
Exhaust manifold backpressure
N2O bottle pressure
IAT
Compressor outlet temp
Fuel temp
Oil temp
Coolant temp
Dual knock
Cam trigger
Crank trigger (36-2 VR)
TPS
Ethanol content sensor
Turbo speed sensor
Wheel speed driven
Wheel speed front
Driver rotary - Boost 
Driver rotary - Traction
Driver momentary - N20
Elec power steering trigger
Boost control solenoid
N20 solenoid
N2O purge solenoid
MoTeC 4.9 LTC
MoTeC DHB 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Komdotkom said:

Yes, it's got most of the Motec catalogue in it so runs just about everything you can think of. Just missing tyre temp sensors and suspension position sensors I think.

At the moment it runs 'traditional' Motec traction control strategy but I was considering a DBW TB in the intake pipe after the IC to bleed off boost as a form of TC which was very effective because it doesn't impact engine speed an efficiency as much as other strategies. A mate ran his IPRA car like this with excellent results.

You running M1 or gold box? Would need M150 minimum to run that or a DBW4 unit. Unless you plan to run it as an actuator on a DHB and have no feedback loop?