SAU Community

Garrett G Series

18 hours ago, morboost said:

which 3" exhaust do you have?

It’s a fabbed 3in downpipe to a 3in ISR (cheap) catback. It’s all straight pipe and 1 can at the rear. 

I have found several examples of the same turbo making more power on less boost with 98 RON or similar (non ethanol) fuels. But, maybe I am wrong or getting bad info. 19 psi seems like a lot for that power. 

1 hour ago, Tillis3 said:

It’s a fabbed 3in downpipe to a 3in ISR (cheap) catback. It’s all straight pipe and 1 can at the rear. 

I have found several examples of the same turbo making more power on less boost with 98 RON or similar (non ethanol) fuels. But, maybe I am wrong or getting bad info. 19 psi seems like a lot for that power. 

Pull off your front timing cover and see if the intake & exhaust cam is in the right spot vs. the crank pulley

Easy check

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 10:31 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Pull off your front timing cover and see if the intake & exhaust cam is in the right spot vs. the crank pulley

Easy check

I will do this next week and report back but timing does not seem off.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:08 PM, Kinkstaah said:

Also yeah, that is a reasonably good result for petrol at 19psi. I'd say this is working as one would expect. If you dialled in 25psi into it it may be interesting to see what it'd do, but because you're on 93 (hello USA) the answer is probably knock.

Almost all of the results you read here are on E85, which makes dramatic differences.

98RON (EU) = 93AKI (NA). We also have 94AKI in Canada which is 101.5RON. In the US. they have E85 unlike us in Canada. 

Sorry yea - I know 93 = 98 = Premium, I only said Hello USA because that's how people use the term, nobody down under refers to anything 93 :D

But I was wrong, and it was Canada, aye. So hello, better USA.

19 hours ago, TurboTapin said:

98RON (EU) = 93AKI (NA). We also have 94AKI in Canada which is 101.5RON. In the US. they have E85 unlike us in Canada. 

damn no e85, the only reason Australia has it GM (holden) did a deal with caltex (a fuel company) to supply a e85 for a flex fuel domestic model car. The car was a dud as owners where using 30% more fuel in a non performance application and just started filling the car with regular unleaded. The car company went broke and the fuel company stopped selling it. Thankfully another fuel company started selling e85 as the performance benefits had been realised in boosted application its ozzy 98ron with 15% ethanol, loves boost and timing.

1 hour ago, morboost said:

damn no e85, the only reason Australia has it GM (holden) did a deal with caltex (a fuel company) to supply a e85 for a flex fuel domestic model car. The car was a dud as owners where using 30% more fuel in a non performance application and just started filling the car with regular unleaded. The car company went broke and the fuel company stopped selling it. Thankfully another fuel company started selling e85 as the performance benefits had been realised in boosted application its ozzy 98ron with 15% ethanol, loves boost and timing.

We don't have E85 at the pump due to our winters. It wouldn't be pretty. But most of our petrol is an E15 mix.