SAU Community

Spline Drive - Opnions, facts, any failures??

They just showed it on exhibition. See attached file. Now they have to erase all previous threads they wrote it won't work.

They even copied grab screws recommended in Supertec's spline drive installation manual.?

Oval teeth profile is probably to avoid design copy comments ?

Nitto.jpg

Edited by ENR34rb
  • Haha 1

Nice! Good to see this finally come. Its been a long time. I remember Nitto saying that they saw issues with the crank/spline gear not being in the centre or something along with clearance issues. Hopefully they have worked those issues out.

Kinda sucks because I just bought a Tomei, and my whole bottom end is Nitto. Anyone know prices/release dates??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshuaho96 said:

I'm no mechanical engineer, anyone care to weigh in on the differences between something like the Nitto spline drive vs Supertec?

Both solutions will work. Hope Nitto uses a proper steel for gears. Their flat ones break. Round shapes in the new Nitto splines are a hype to my point of view.

From what i know guys have been having good luck with Spool and supertec spline drives.. centering a pump over the crankshaft should be done on any crank driven oil pump for obviois reasons..

The Nitto design looks fine, fewer points of contact, but perhaps its to accommodate more flex and or clearance needed.

I have a Spool set in my engine now and its been working great thus far, i also have a set from Supertec, the Supertecs have a noticeable amount more clearance in the splines compaired to the Spools.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2019 at 10:15 PM, Predator1 said:

Nice! Good to see this finally come. Its been a long time. I remember Nitto saying that they saw issues with the crank/spline gear not being in the centre or something along with clearance issues. Hopefully they have worked those issues out.

Kinda sucks because I just bought a Tomei, and my whole bottom end is Nitto. Anyone know prices/release dates??

We cover kits for Tomei too. True spline drive. Engineered with the correct amount of clearance for flex/ crank harmonics. 

CB1C588D-FC95-40B2-BE1D-5B2889BFFB23.jpeg

Edited by Frracer
Typo

The inability to change one's mind is a character defect. If Nitto have really found engineering solutions to the problems they outlined in the article above then that is a good thing.

1 hour ago, ENR34rb said:

If a politician changes his beliefs to the opposite, he is called a prostitute. How to comment this attached screenshot? ?

Are you reading something different to what I'm reading. At no point does it say "It can't be done". He says "It's difficult, for these reasons". He then goes on to say "We're trying something new", implying that they have a design that they think should work, "but we won't push it out until we're happy".

You'd think that English was no longer taught in schools the way that comprehension skills have fallen.

32 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Are you reading something different to what I'm reading. At no point does it say "It can't be done". He says "It's difficult, for these reasons". He then goes on to say "We're trying something new", implying that they have a design that they think should work, "but we won't push it out until we're happy".

You'd think that English was no longer taught in schools the way that comprehension skills have fallen.

English is not my native language but I clearly read that a 2JZ way can't be implemented which they finally did. Changed a spline profile a bit just not to look too stupid.