SAU Community

want to buy a turbo kit for my N/A R34

so i have been thinking.
would it be best to save a bit of extra cash and sell what i have but instead of buying a GTT id just buy something else.
i would love to get a r32 gtr or evo 8/9
anyone know of any good import companies i hear iron chef imports are good.
anyone got any other suggestions on which import company they trust that are good?
I was replying to this!

My views of not buying a turbo car, and then putting a turbo on a non-turbo'd car, but also not using a half cut, from the same model of car of your non-turbo'd car, that came with a turbo, is like "I can only tell you what i did not tell you what or where you wanna buy."
That should clear things up nicely.......
[emoji90]

On 10/06/2019 at 6:31 PM, Slap said:

I can only tell you what i did not tell you what or where you wanna buy

Excellent, That's excellent. We knew you'd agree... the companies will be very pleased

• Like 1

My views of not buying a turbo car, and then putting a turbo on a non-turbo'd car, but also not using a half cut, from the same model of car of your non-turbo'd car, that came with a turbo, is like "I can only tell you what i did not tell you what or where you wanna buy."
That should clear things up nicely.......
To clarify, my car is factory turbo with a manual conversion.

Heaps of people turbo n/a rb and more like building rb25/30. Why be so negative when people show intrest in a similar thing.

Sau isn't ment for people to get on here and try make others feel shid.

And as my post basicaly stated and some just cant fathom... the poster has there own decision to make and my experience buying an R32 is the best influence i can give

What im wondering is how many
assh[emoji95]les will read this , get offended , not take any of it aboard and be a heroe to them selves by replying some more spirit breaking BS.

[emoji106][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106]
Round of applause for giving my post your time!

Um, ok.

The first paragraph was to the OP IRT doing it the easy and cost effective way, and ending up with some form of reliability, but, written in a confusing and disjointed manner, as per a previous post.

Gt to Gtt = buy a Gtt or get a halfcut or wrecked car.

I've known some people who have knocked together a kit to turbo a NA 34.

After the dust had cleared they stated that it would have been better to:

A. Sell GT and buy GTT

Or

B. Sell GT and buy GTT

Resale will also take a hit, personally I wouldn't touch a NA to a turbo swap, registration and insurance could also be problematic.

The last bit was a quote out of your post which I though was the most confusing statement in the whole thread.

In the end I don't care what people do, hell, I constantly do stupid shit, but, as I get older, wasting money on stupid shit has lost its luster.

I concider turbocharging a NA 34 as wasting money on stupid shit.

The outlay to do the job right, will have you at GTT money anyway.

What's a GT worth? $10-15k, GTT,s go for what, $15-35k?

So, sell GT for $10k ish, add $15-20k ish and buy GTT.

How much is it going to cost to turbo a GT, register it, and have some form of reliability.

Me, I would buy a R32 and drop a RB25 in it, see, now where is the logic in that......and here's me, with all my experience in wasting money on stupid shit. 

• Like 1

^ This, and all the this. It's amazing how much coke'n'hookers people are willing to go without just to do something that that others have already done and pronounced to be the hard way to achieve the goal. It's like rooting the ugly best friend to get to the hot chick. Some would boast about getting 2x roots. Some would want to keep the first one quiet. Some would just go around the ugly chick.

5 minutes ago, mlr said:

Me, I would buy a R32 and drop a RB25 in it, see, now where is the logic in that......and here's me, with all my experience in wasting money on stupid shit. 

And this especially. I have done it all. Manual conversion on R32, followed years later by 25 conversions. Money spent probably far exceeds what it would have cost to dispose of the 32 early on and replace with a 34. By the same token.....if you average out what the car has cost me over the last 20 years, my wife's various SUVs have probably cost 3x as much. So I consider it to be a hung jury decision on value.

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Sell GT, buy GT-t and spend the free time and excess cash on piles of coke and endless weekends with hookers.

Or buy a F30 335i

Put a Barra in and spend the rest on bogan hookers and ice.......or not...

Arhg! So many inactualaties.

34 gt 10-15k bahahaha no way. Try 3-7k.

What if hes already registered?

So what if they wanna learn the long way and spend the bux like many have.

12-20k for an immaclulate pimp gtt is most ive seen em at. Unless very special.

Turbo 32s are more preferred now days than 34 why they fetch similar figures.

Ect... ect.... barras [emoji86] not a true skyline fan hey. Seems to be alot on SAU
talkin up there rollas and golf gtis omg Sau isnt FB.

So many people tinker on there skidlines. Maybe its not worth the bang for buck anymore unless you love your car, it is beside the point , if someone wants to do what you dont let em.
Advice can be taken or left.
Good advice doesnt come in the form of a back hand , thats bad advice because ya put em off the good shid and make bad advice seem good.

Do the conversion OP if that what you want

@slap Ect... ect.... barras [emoji86] not a true skyline fan hey. Seems to be alot on SAU

talkin up there rollas and golf gtis omg Sau isnt FB.

Once you have a really clean or high powered build and have achieved your Skyline goals, your focus will shift too!

There's only so many 10s of thousands you can throw at Skylines before other factors come into it.

Cars are cool.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, Slap said:

Follow your heart , sacrifice the essential.

Nah, food and housing is more important than a turbo. Your making bad advise seem good which is bad.

• Like 1

You read good advice as bad.

'Sacrifice the essentials.' means what is essential to get where you want.
Not the essentials you need to live... thats foolish.

@ steve85. True cept i believe OP isnt there.
But i dont get how it justifies saying on a skyline forrum that a golf a rolla or a ford is un upgrade to a skyline.
Its SAU not CAU.
And yes cars are good.

• Like 1

I had a NA+T Skyline that I bought when I knew very little, then put a GTT motor in it (not a NA+T) which was the smart decision. I did RB28 stroker kit, EFR Turbo and a Manual conversion. Now it has a 5.7L V8 in it and a T56.

So skip all the lines and yourself a V8, OP. I will testify as a package it beats the everliving shit out of any other Skyline or engine combination, you could give me the keys to a R34 GTR and I would hand them right back as that car is nowhere near the same level of comfort or fun or performance or reliability or peace of mind or cost.

So yeah, stay NA is what I am saying obviously.

There's two types of people in the world, one who will stop, listen and think and benefit from other people's experience (both good and bad) and actual, genuine idiots. Threads like this help define what kind of person someone actually is.

• Like 2

@ kinkstaah Nice build.
Did you get the wrong advice on the way or
Did you ignore some.
Or were you a ledgend that got none and learned it all by yourself the hard way.

@dosepipe
A bmw
Y not just buy a fatter c[emoji51]ck

Where are the true skyline fans?

Clearly you haven't driven a refined performance car. 

A BMW M4 in stock form will happily do sub 1m10s around Wakefield Park. Throw on some semis and you'll see a sub 7 or even 6. For a GTS-t / GT-t to do those times you need to throw some serious coin at it.

• Like 2

Would be nice to have a chance.
What im getting at is its not Bau.
Anyone who is lookin @ gt +t is lookin to do it skimp, avoid rwc compliances and engenering needs usualy because there car is still a registered skyline and they like there car. Why they came to Sau.