SAU Community

I FORGOT WHAT MY SKYLINE WAS FOR ! !

PLYNX

I forgot what my Skyline was for !

Ever get that felling ?

Being a daily driven R33 you tend to loose sight of what its like to really drive it.

So for the last five Saturdays in a row I took an early (6:30am start) drive up the Putty Road.

I believe I am now cured ! Cured I tell you ! Its a miracle ! Hallelujah ! Hallelujah ! Praise the Gods of Speed !

The joy of driving without effort, the handling in and out of corners, the ease of acceleration did it.

And to think I was considering selling it ! 

Might go for another drive this Saturday again just to be sure I'm really cured !

You can never be sure when you have a relapse.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

haha, yeah, I can absolutely relate.

I caught myself remembering how I used to drive past my house when I was  supposed to be going home so I can get another few kay's out of it before bedtime. So, I went for an easy drive along west head road a few months ago and remembered how much I enjoyed just driving. That said, I haven't been since so maybe this weekend :)

Then appease the Gods of Speed and go the Putty Road early Sat.

Be on the Putty at 6:30am and there is less chance of getting stuck behind a caravan/truck and the kangaroos and wombats have usually gone to bed.

As well, by the time you hit the best parts the dew is gone and grip is good.

At that time of the morning going through the Howes Valley region the sun across the farms in from the east is quite spectacular and does your sole visual good !

Wow, I don't go a fortnight without a back roads country drive.

Small country cafe's and pie shops are my destinations.

Bonus now is all the kids are older, so me , and the Minister of War and Finances, can get some alone time.

Alone time for us, to me, means us going for a long cruise and eating pies, much to her dismay.

Bloody womens with their romantic wants and needs, lucky for them they can usually guide their will on us using their feminine wiles.

Maybe it is her wanting pies after all.....maybe.....

Yes dear

• Haha 1

@PLYNX My R33 has seen about 100km in the past 4 weeks, I get more enjoyment driving the Tiguan. I cannot be cured :(

On the upside you keen on a built motor, GTX3576R Gen2, full stupid spec overkill fuel system, kebabtech 2500 with more sensors than you can think of? Wait, better yet just buy my car LOL

50 minutes ago, mlr said:

and the Minister of War and Finances

@mlr LOLOLOL lucky mine is only the Minister of war, she has no idea of the family finances and thinks it just rains money all day. Decided we needed 2x holidays in the next 3 months and on top of that let's re-model the bathroom.

• Haha 2

mlr - you've got a couple of options here:

1. Don't take take the missus !

2. If she must go, cruse to were there are the are shops that include - cafes/markets/crystals/goat milk soap/hippy tie die clothing etc etc

Dose Pipe Sutututu - You need some serious help if you get more enjoyment driving a Tiguan. ( No offence to the Tiguan )

GET DRIVING MAN ! ! IN YOUR SPECIFICALLY BUILT CAR THAT IS DESIGNED FOR DRIVING. NOT A PEOPLE MOVING CAR WITH SUSPENSION UP GRADES ( again no offence to people mover cars )

Thanks for the offer on your built motor but I already got a 25/30 sitting on an engine stand with a 3582R on a cast iron HKS low mount manifold with all the fruit, waiting to go into the R33. 

I've been waiting for the RB25 that's in my car to run out and its now got 414000km on it and still going !

But that's the point isn't it ? The car is for driving and drive you must.

Any thing else is an automotive tragedy !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dose Pipe Sutututu  - Oh yes there's a very very good chance I will be going up the Putty Rd early on Saturday.

I get some breakfast at a cafe in Singleton then usually back on the road 10ish. 

That way you get to see all the mad motor bike riders coming the other way with the two highway patrol cars and two motor bike cops trying catch them out !

28 minutes ago, PLYNX said:

Dose Pipe Sutututu  - Oh yes there's a very very good chance I will be going up the Putty Rd early on Saturday.

I get some breakfast at a cafe in Singleton then usually back on the road 10ish. 

That way you get to see all the mad motor bike riders coming the other way with the two highway patrol cars and two motor bike cops trying catch them out !

A bit tempted to join you, but I'm not confident my car will last the 3~4 hour drive, I still haven't pushed the reliability of my fuel system. Currently running 2x wallahbros connected to 2x SSRs but PWMs (which is what I'm afraid of), been hearing that feeding this style SSR PWM will cause them to die quick. Then again if they fail, easy, screw driver and swap some wires around and the pumps will be full time.

1 hour ago, jcAUSER said:

Wakefield, December 14th dude, be there!!!

haha will need to see, a bit strapped for cash because hey who doesn't need a new bathroom and 2x holidays in a space of 3 months LOLOLLLLLLL

16 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

A bit tempted to join you, but I'm not confident my car will last the 3~4 hour drive, I still haven't pushed the reliability of my fuel system. Currently running 2x wallahbros connected to 2x SSRs but PWMs (which is what I'm afraid of), been hearing that feeding this style SSR PWM will cause them to die quick. Then again if they fail, easy, screw driver and swap some wires around and the pumps will be full time.

haha will need to see, a bit strapped for cash because hey who doesn't need a new bathroom and 2x holidays in a space of 3 months LOLOLLLLLLL

Bring tools ! I do cause its the Putty Rd with the majority of it having no phone reception !

Im usually at Wilberforce around 6:30.

I'll PM you now.

And as to loosing your licence stay at speed not speeding and you'll be fine the road is quite challenging enough.

As to defecting  . . . . well I cant help you there cause I've not see your car ! 

@PLYNX car itself looks pretty normal, not too low about 2cm wheel gap but does have a nice dent on the driver's guard from when I bought it 6 years ago and the rear guards have rust on them lol.

Engine wise, pod is covered, catch can setup is fully plumbed back, most things are black but because I am a moron - I've disconnected the gate plumb back LOL