SAU Community

R32 GTR exhaust

Mick_o

Hi guys and girls im a GTR Virgin fabricator & im currently knocking up a 4" exhaust for an R32 & I'm wondering if anybody knows how many hangers there are as this car has sweet F.A support. 

There's the obvious 1s I've got on the rear muff & the 1 just before the rear diff. But that's all this car has. 

20200724_125357.jpg

20200724_125406.jpg

Its basically all built and mostly welded but it needs more supports and there's bugger all I can see on the body that will let me mount to. 

Appreciate any help

20200724_131737.jpg

3 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

Can' you just weld in some hangers?

At a guess i'd suggest off the gearbox crossmember and what i'm assuming is a mid-axle support?

looks nice btw!

20200724_131737.thumb.jpg.11cce0bd6ca1d833b8743a766d686d1f_2.jpg.af2f072c9dbf796da1436423ec6cf8e5.jpg

Thanks mate shes gunna sound sweet too ?

Yeah I can and will add some brackets but there really isn't any signs of where the other mounts were or meant to be. Was hoping some of the gurus here would know off the top of their heads where they might be haha. 

Might do a bit of Googling I think

11 hours ago, r32-25t said:

There is one off the back of the box, one just before the diff, one before the rear muffler and two at the back of the rear muffler 

Thanks Brett appreciate that. I have all of those covered other than the box mount then. Will get the owner onto sourcing a new hangar for me. ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, teddlon said:

That's a nice exhaust setup. I'm curious about the sound.

Thanks mate it turned out well. The owner said that it actually sits higher than his old 3.5" system too which is a big win! 

Car will sound great with my choice of muffs!

right on mate looks awesome. i literally just went through this on my gtr, the 4" is the way to go. i used vibrant pipe what kind did you use?about 4 post before this one you can find my exhaust in the fabrication sectionn. we had 4 hangers on the exhaust and added one on the dp.