SAU Community

How much are you paying for CTP Greenslip

Guest DON91E

21 hours ago, deongster said:

i need a CTP for the Jazz - its freaking $890 NRMA now... THAT IS MAD!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 9.58.38 AM.png

Whoooooh!

I paid $361 for my Tiida for 12 months with QBE and $387 for the R34GTR on the 26/4/16

It must have something to do with a persons age,  where they live and or their driving record I guess when they give you a quote ??????????????????

On 14/10/2016 at 9:59 AM, deongster said:

i need a CTP for the Jazz - its freaking $890 NRMA now... THAT IS MAD!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 9.58.38 AM.png

That is ridiculous!  My 32 GTR was $890 with NRMA.  25yo clean driving record

That is ridiculous!  My 32 GTR was $890 with NRMA.  25yo clean driving record

Looks like $890 is the number now. Bloody expensive. I have to get for the Pathfinder and GTR in May next year. I fear it.

20 minutes ago, deongster said:

Looks like $890 is the number now. Bloody expensive. I have to get for the Pathfinder and GTR in May next year. I fear it.

time to 'move' to the central coast. $280 cheaper there :(

Well Terry, quotes are above $800 these days, so I'd say so.
I still don't see the reason for the massive increase in the past 5 years. More dodgy claims? Yes, but why almost double it?
Just an unregulated cash grab, and us suckers stuck in Sydney have no choice but to pay it (apart from not having an address to register to outside of Sydney).

Hell even the NSW Government hopped on the bandwagon and doubled the "motor vehicle tax".

7 hours ago, Terry_GT-R34 said:

So is it correct (or incorrect), that CTP Insurance is cheaper outside of the Sydney Metropolitan Area?

Terry, you only have to look at we pay outside of Sydney to answer your question.

Same company , same type car and half the price.

There are pockets of people in Sydney (and other areas) that make big money by manufacturing claims, you can win a camel saddle if you can guess where ?

I always knew that was the case quite a few years ago. My Q I  should have clarified, pertains to recency. 

Ok, so nothing has changed from when I knew that CTP premiums were always more expensive in Penrith compared to Emu Plains.

9 hours ago, Terry_GT-R34 said:

I always knew that was the case quite a few years ago. My Q I  should have clarified, pertains to recency. 

Ok, so nothing has changed from when I knew that CTP premiums were always more expensive in Penrith compared to Emu Plains.

Until these threads on CTP started I did not know there was any difference in costs depending where you lived etc, I thought it was a flat rate across the board and as usual the good pay for the bad :/ 

• Like 2

in other news

http://www.insurancebusinessonline.com.au/au/news/breaking-news/ctp-changes-could-see-drivers-require-income-protections-insurance-225196.aspx

really not sure how NSW is so shit at CTP. QLD has a different system and seems to work well and is affordable. Why cannot there be a nation-wide system?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, evil_weevil said:

in other news

http://www.insurancebusinessonline.com.au/au/news/breaking-news/ctp-changes-could-see-drivers-require-income-protections-insurance-225196.aspx

really not sure how NSW is so shit at CTP. QLD has a different system and seems to work well and is affordable. Why cannot there be a nation-wide system?

Going through rego in QLD atm I can vouch for this :D $380 state wide for Class 1 (i.e. Car and stationwagon) interestingly... $75 for ' vintage, veteran, historic or street rod motor vehicles'

• Like 1

Just did a simple quote for my GTR - due next year May

$612 per annum - WTF such big difference...

$894 for the Honda Jazz 1.3 - has 3rd party Fire & Theft - saw no point paying so much for Comprehensive for a $3000 car... why such VAST difference... do not get it...

SAU > General Automotive > Savings on CTP in NSW Whilst With NRMA VVC...

My story this morning of how I saved $280 by going to a NRMA Branch and asking for an adjustment, rather than pay online or by phone

• Like 1