SAU Community

How much are you paying for CTP Greenslip

Guest DON91E

Is it registered under your parents address? If not then the RMS won't accept the ctp.

Wollongong is still classed as rural Lane cove is not.

Everything I have with RMS is registered under my parents address.

And yeah, I understand Wollongong is still rural, much less dense than Lane Cove

• 1 month later...

Absolute bullshit. No accidents at fault, no demerit points and my CTP has gone up again this year. What a load of BS. I even changed the post codes around put a north sydney post code and a new model car. Seems the only affecting factor now is age and I could have sworn when you pass the age of 25 your costs were meant to drop. Gonna cost more than 1k this year just to get on the road.

Does anyone know of any other comprehensive car companies apart from Just Car who will do my R33?

Edited by SargeRX8

Absolute bullshit. No accidents at fault, no demerit points and my CTP has gone up again this year. What a load of BS. I even changed the post codes around put a north sydney post code and a new model car. Seems the only affecting factor now is age and I could have sworn when you pass the age of 25 your costs were meant to drop. Gonna cost more than 1k this year just to get on the road.

Does anyone know of any other comprehensive car companies apart from Just Car who will do my R33?

CTP is 29+

Yes insurance there is a drop when you turn 25 but you still aren't the best risk.

23 year old male r34 gtt in Sydney $420 with AAMI, you just gotta find the loophole, and it's legal too and it will cost you no matter what :-D.

Elaborate in a pm please. The only way I have found to get 300 off is if I change ownership of the car into my mums name.

• 1 month later...

Paid $550 with NRMA last year and they wanted $767 this year.

Just paid $563 with AAMI.

HOW???

I just paid $764 for the Accord, the Fridge is up next soon too. I'm 29, never been in a smash... or have gained any demerit points in the past 5+ years.

Last year NRMA was under $560, this year I can't find a damn thing under $764.

HOW???

I just paid $764 for the Accord, the Fridge is up next soon too. I'm 29, never been in a smash... or have gained any demerit points in the past 5+ years.

Last year NRMA was under $560, this year I can't find a damn thing under $764.

I'm guessing age (I'm 33) but all of them wanted over $750 except AAMI.

23 year old male r34 gtt in Sydney $420 with AAMI, you just gotta find the loophole, and it's legal too and it will cost you no matter what :-D.

damn! please explain HOW?!

I just paid $767 with AAMI, what is this loophole for paying <$500

I'm 23 male, also haven't been in any accident in the past 5 years. Would love to know. PM me details? lol

• 1 year later...

Thread bump rather than start a new.

Is it just me or is assuming there should be some competitive pricing between different CTP?

Twice in the last few months now I've obtained a quote from Shannons who my other car insurance is with for a quote as I'm currently with GIO.

Both times they came back exactly the same. To the cent!

Am I missing something? Is shannons just GIO in disguise?

Being a bit older and being a good driver for 35 years, or not getting caught, does help. sorry people but my ctp with shannons is $362. Skyline is in garage at night. Also comprehensive with shannons and have no claim bonus for life. it all helps in getting a cheaper rate including no speeding fines or at fault accidents.It also has a lot to do with where you live.

Edited by evil 33

Thread bump rather than start a new.

Is it just me or is assuming there should be some competitive pricing between different CTP?

Twice in the last few months now I've obtained a quote from Shannons who my other car insurance is with for a quote as I'm currently with GIO.

Both times they came back exactly the same. To the cent!

Am I missing something? Is shannons just GIO in disguise?

nope, that's pretty much right.

And if you call around, they can't budget on price at all.

Told one the other was doing cheaper, got the response "oh well, we can't change the price".

So, I went with the cheaper place(by $5 from memory).

Yeah I got a bunch of quotes today and they're all within $15 of each other.

Kind of suspicious they all use the same online quote forms... maybe ACA can get to the bottom of this colluding conspiracy...