SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Hello From Canada!

I tried to get an answer from our Skyline forums in Canada but was unable to get a definate firm answer therefore I come here to ask the Skyline Pro's if these rims will fit my R32.

I have a 1990 R32 GTR..

I want to buy Volk GT-7 Rims which are 18x9 offset +12 (pcd114.3 5H) ... 245/40/18 tires

I need to know by tonight if I am going to be buying them, Will these rims Fit my GTR?? Some have told me they are too big, others have told me they were too little.. and I have also been told I will need to change the tire size and yadda yadda.. judging by this thread I believe they should fit but since I know nothing about wheels I'm asking for a definate answer from someone who knows better.

Thank you so very much!

Alex from Montreal :)

Edited by Ti Pit

• 4 weeks later...

Skyline model = 1996 R33 GTST

Wheel Brand = Volk TE37

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 9"

Wheel offset = +22

Tyre size = 235/45/17

Modifications to fit = None (front wheels lightly nudge front bar at full lock, otherwise fine)

Hey all hoping that someone can confirm if these will fit with no clearance problems

Wheels i am looking at getting are 18 x 8 +30 offset they need to go on a S2 R33 GTS-T and just want to confirm that they will clear stock calipers, dont need the gaurds rolled and don't need spacers... being a +30 offset does that just mean they will sit out a little more... hopefully still with in the gaurds

Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers Leigh

yes +30 means they will sit out further, but does not mean it will clear ur calipers. To determine that, you will need to find out what disk type the spokes are...ie: O disk, A disk or R risk. You can have two wheels with identical offsets and widths but if one is O disk and the other is A, you probably find the O disk won't clear. This is normally located on the sticker or stamped on the inside of the spokes. If that info is not available anywhere, the only way to find out is a test fit :)

Refer to pic below:

main_img.jpg

Assuming they clear the calipers, 18x8 +30 should sit nicely within the guards on a GTST.

I learnt this through going through various diff jap offsets and wheels and having 4 pot calipers on the front for GTT brakes makes it that much harder to determine whether a wheel will fit or not.

With this picture as reference, is offset always positive?

WheelOffset-small.jpg

deep dish.

deeeeeeeep dish

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep dish

Edited by ebola

Skyline model = Oz R31

Wheel diameter = 17

Wheel width = 8F 9R

Wheel offset = 28F 32R

Tyre size = 235/45F 255/40R

Stud Patern= 4x114.3

Modifications to fit = Lipped front and rear just to be safe. Plastic guard needed chopping on drivers rear for the feul filler hose.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a standard r32 gtst sittin on stockies wif coilovers. back wheel sittin inside the guards abit and the front guards jst sits on top of the wheel, im guessin 2" low. i want to get a set of starcroft impuls racing rims... 18s 9.5" front and back. jst wonderin if i need ne mods to the guards or lippin.. and my offset?

Edited by rb25_r32

Well i can confirm the following has no drama's

Skyline model = R33 GTS-T

Wheel = Stock R34 GT-T Rims

Wheel diameter = 17

Wheel width = 7

Wheel offset = 40 i think

Tyre size = 235/45/17

Skyline model = R33 GTS-T

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = 8

Wheel offset = 30

Tyre size = 235/40/18

Skyline model = 96' r33 gts25t

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = front: 8" rear: 9.5"

Wheel offset = 38

Tyre size = front: 235 / 40 / 18 rear: 265 / 35 /18

Modifications to fit = none!

web13.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Skyline model = 96' r33 gts25t

Rim model: Buddy Club P1s.

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = front: 8" rear: 9"

Wheel offset = 32 front, 37 rear

Tyre size = front: 235 / 45 /R17 rear: 255 / 40 / R17

Modifications to fit = none! Well on full lock the fronts use to scurb agains the plastic inner guards. So i just took them out.. no biggie at all!!

Hi all. Just thought I'd post this up as I have these fitted to my R33 25t after a 6 month wait for tyres!

Skyline model = '97 25t

Wheel diameter =19"

Wheel width =8.5" front 9.5" rear

Wheel offset =+25

Tyre size =225/35R19 Front, 265/30 rear (Dunlop Spormaxx)

Modifications to fit =Rear guards lips rolled. I had 235/35 on front when I first got these and had too much guard rub up front. 225/35 has fixed the problem it seems!