SAU Community

Noble Maccas Shut Down

Sarumatix

persoannly the more we talk the more it encourages these tools ...attention is what they are after and thats what they are getting.

cant say i agree there. if you see the people that hang around there, i dont think its so much modified car owners smashing up sh*t, but 16-18 year olds that think they're hard c*nts. the sort of attention they've been getting now would be more of a deterent i think.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surround the enemy when you outnumber them tenfold. Attack the enemy when your forces are fivefold theirs; engage the enemy when you have twice their number.

When the numbers are equal you should try to divide and disperse the enemy forces; when you are outnumbered you must switch to a defensive posture.

If the situation becomes indefensible, you should attempt to evade the enemy.

Tactics people... it's all good to say why didn't the police control the crowd, but there really was not much the police could do in this situation once the numbers had grown that big and situation escalated. Trying to control a crowd of agressive little punks under influence of alcohol would not have turned out well as the police numbers obviously outweighed the numbers of people causing trouble. The smarter move was to wait for reinforcements (K9 units) and then move in. The issue is that police should have arrived much earlier to prevent the situation escalating to the point where it was uncontrollable in the first place!.

There is lots that could have been done.

Weeks and weeks before the incidents escalated to what they were on the Friday night.

Police arrived early on but it took a long period of time 2HRS plus to get the resouces required to dispurse a crowd of that size safely for both Police and Public. It's an unplanned major incident and there just insn't the staffing levels rostered on for an event like that. Maybe we should get new powers like immediate seizure of all modified cars within 5km of Noble Park McDonalds. I guess that would stop theis re-occuring. What do you think of that idea?

Sorry Graeme, but i dont beleive it was unplanned for a second. The Media hype about it all, talk back radio, news papers etc. It was without a doubt going to be bigger yet again.

To say it was successful, i think is wrong. But thats just my opinion, and you guys have yours :wave:

Public property was destroyed, Private property was destroyed.

If there was a strong uniformed presence from 10pm, moving on cars, or better yet defecting each one to send a clear bright message to the fools, then it could well have been a difference situation.

As for a 2 hr mobilisation... what teh? It shouldnt take 2 hrs. 30mins at the most.

Resources should have been briefed and ready to move well before anything even happened.

I am sure there will be a much larger police response in anticipation next weekend.

I think you'll find there wont be anthning next weekend thank god :mad:

But even then, anticipation should have been used back towards the end of December.

Ah lets keep this thread clean.

CT.com - Thread removed

NS.com - Thread locked

Just goes to show the levels of maturity over here as no-one has really abused each other or anything.

So keep up the debate, just dont drag it into the gutter

...without sounding like a tool, what is the socio-economic standing of the area? Is it like the Macquarie Fileds thing in Sydney and its a lot of poor kids who have had problems with the law and are drunk and bored with nothing better to do?

After attending a BBQ today at a friends, who just happens to be a serving member of the Vic Police, this subject came up. We were able to have a sensible discussion and threw around some ideas.

Although we looked at it from 2 different points - the police - the rev head - we looked at these points.

The media -

Media in society teaches us things, perhaps not the whole story, perhaps not even the truth. So listenining to the media everyone who owns a modified or performance car is hoon. The general public who watches classy programs like TT and ACA is sppon fed this propoganda and beleives it. Widening the gap between car enthiasts and "normal people"

Blame for something like this event needs to be placed somewhere, the media can blams the hoons for the riots, but in doing so also have a subtext that anyone in a modified car or performance vehicle is somehow different than normal and maybe a hoon.

The dickheads -

They drive hot cars, do illegal burnouts and cause riots, but they call themselves entusiasts when in fact they are pathetic pack hunting dickheads. Unfortunately through the dickheads poor behaviour the honest people suffer ( defects etc)

The Police -

NP has been a hot spot for some time, is a well known area, the princes hwy in general has been the scene over the years to many a drag race, so dont act so surprised when something like this happens. Or is there more to it? Surely when the call for back up was made it was looked at as to how serious the matter. or did the police use this as an example to help them justify other things. ie - the police turn up, out numbered and out of position so they can campaign for more police, higher wages or more power against the hoon? Propaganda is a serious weapon, senoir police know how to use it and be political.

Our Up Bringing -

When i was little there was no ADD or the likes, you were naughty, given a smack and sent to your room. But nowadays society teaches us to be tolerant and not to smack children, talk to them instead. We make excuses of ADD and the likes, we see things on television and film that are "pushing the boundaries" being deliberately more shocking and thus making us numb from it all. Perhaps this tolerance has gone to far and we are now out of control of things. Imagine in ten years when this is considered small time and people are used to it, how bad will the behaviour be then?

Respect -

Or the lack of it. Most people in life have had to work hard for what the have and they respect their property and that of others. But today, honestly, how many kids are buying good cars as their first car, they write it off, buy another etc, how many have lost the value in things to a point where they simply do not care how much damage they do? How many 14 yr olds act like they are 20something and rule the world.

The solution -

This was the hard part, sure the police needed a different response, but hind sight is always 20/20, prevention was definatley needed here. Discipline from the families of these kids. The police having a more active presence prior to the event. And after the event, consequences for those involved, not a slap on the wrist or a pety fine from some limp wristed judge.

I hope all this makes sense. I dont pretend to know all the answers but just thought I would chuck my 2c into the debate.

There is lots that could have been done.

Weeks and weeks before the incidents escalated to what they were on the Friday night.

Ash if you read my words in context you would note that I said; there was not much the police could do in this situation once the numbers had grown that big and situation escalated.

IF there was a stronger police presence before the situation had escalated, then perhaps they could have prevented the events that followed. I am not disagreeing with anyone about that.

Channel 10 update

'Police will use footage from the internet to make further arrests following the violence at noble park'

I can't beleive they're stupid enough to post their faces on the net..

I'll be the first to agree that there should have been a much larger police presence in the first place. I was fully aware of the situation and I don't even work in that area normally. We actually like some others that were there were on a traffic operation in relation to hoon driving in Chadstone area. I never expected it to get that big but I don't think there was any extra staffing added in anticipation. It's similiar to the ongoing situation on Chapel Street Fri/Sat Nights there was a big article in Herald Sun couple of months ago showing how our upstairs Big Bosses don't appear to be backing our front line members by not having more staff on. Our association is constantly pushing for more members but in the end that's up to the Government. It's like most industries but if they can normally get by with Skeleton Crews they will do. It's also majorly hard with alot of the TMU from that region away re the large bush fires so they were unable to run extra TMU to deter this occurrrance.

With all that said once this event started as stated earlier we didn't have the resources available to stop it earlier and with Nil injuries to anyone it turned out as well as it could once it got to point.

Wow, just read the whole thread now, hadn't heard about it... what morons... can't belive it got this far out of control. Just hope i don't have any trouble out of it...

Graeme - was that you that pulled over my mrs the other night (RUSHS) red skyline... she said the guy who pulled her over has a GTR and was going to sell it ? If so why are you selling :O

went past noble park maccas just before while dropping a friend home, man, everything is closed up - skid marks all over the road - hard to believe that the riot was there.........anyway, police presence was low tonite down there - but probably will be back to being patrolled this coming friday...

Maybe we should get new powers like immediate seizure of all modified cars within 5km of Noble Park McDonalds. I guess that would stop theis re-occuring. What do you think of that idea?

what about the people who live in the area and have done nothing wrong?

...bad joke