SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

You are missing the fact that in victoria you are guilty untill you prove you are innocent, might sound a little sceptical but when you look at things like an epa notice for noise and emissions, they make you prove your innocence, if you dont prove it your automatically guilty (if you dont get it tested and cleared you get fined), the cops do what ever they like and its up to you to prove they are wrong.

And if you prove them wrong, you will most likely still have to pay $$ lol.

And if you prove them wrong, you will most likely still have to pay $$ lol.

$43 for a noise test........

And if you get a major the dollars and time pile up............

How else do you think the government makes any money? considering they have sold all of our utilities to private companies now. The government doesn't have any assets! So what do they do? Charge us more!

Anyway, perhaps we need to go back on topic? :D

cheers for that,

Q:

reinforce, bit of 1mm scrap with same hole drilled on tacked/ stitched welded on underneath or exhaust tube type reinforce ?

wondering if this would be a common thing cops would defect and rwc would pass in the same state....

thanks

1mm won't be enough. Some small steel reo bar type thing will be fine.

Once you get defected, then get it engineered. I see no value in spending $600 on engineers for a hole like that until you get caught... BUT... if you reinforce it, show the cops, you might be left alone and never have to worry about it. IF you do, you've already done it and it's a simple fix (engineers).

A rule of thumb is to check every thing you read on forums, a lot of it will be right but if it is wrong it's your arse in the line, I have seen lots of wrong advice handed out as a fact, really makes me wanna kick those people in the nuts!

hey guys got defected today :( thats all good .......... just he took pictures of catchcan (aftermarket drift brand) and didnt like how i attatched a breather to the end of the hose. and my pod filter......so my question is when they take photos...what is the purpose? are they going to investigate it? decide to epa me? just curious it was a highway patrol and he knew a lot of things....

just he took pictures of catchcan (aftermarket drift brand) and didnt like how i attatched a breather to the end of the hose.

Catch cans must be recirculating, properly made catch cans, or oil/air separators (which is what they are there for) will do the job fine when plumbed back.

Edited by W0rp3D

Take photo's as evidence of the mods.

You will get an EPA in the mail most likely.

well i got a epa in the mail today emmissions and noise.. fml..

gonna go test it see if i pass with upgraded turbo(gt2876r), r32 gtr injectors, z32, dr drift remap.. everything else is stock ....not worth it?

well i got a epa in the mail today emmissions and noise.. fml..

gonna go test it see if i pass with upgraded turbo(gt2876r), r32 gtr injectors, z32, dr drift remap.. everything else is stock ....not worth it?

lol definitely won't pass.