SAU Community

JJR Coil Packs Vs Oem Vs Splitfire Vs Other

One even has to jump through hoops to get warranty approval on Splitfires :D

I'm sure you're right but like I said - 5 years of supersprinting on Splitfires never produced a problem... One lap on YJ's killed a coil pack!

I always believed that if a customer is dissatisfied with a product because it misperforms he should be entitled to a refund, no matter what your terms of warranty might be.

Unfortunately we cannot let customers dictate terms of warranty. No business does and never would.

We have 2 years warranty on these coils. Are you saying that a customer can make it a 3, 4, 5 or even a 10 year warranty, no matter what the terms of warranty might be?

It simply doesnt work like that.

In offering a 2 year warranty, I have to be sure that, if there is an issue, that the faulty one(s) are isolated from the rest as all 6 coils would not fail at the same time.

Otherwise anyone could simply send me back a full set at say 22 months after purchasing and scam a new set of replacements from me.

And repeat this cycle so they never have to buy coils ever again. Im sure you understand this.

I cannot make up different terms of warranty just for you now can I? That would not be fair on my customers or myself.

Also, we managed to test your coils on one my mates R34 GTTs and couldnt find anything wrong with them. Im not sure why or where these coils mis-performed for you?

Whats done is done though and I dont want o2 to be bitter with me. I will refund o2 for the coils out of my own pocket and will give these to my mate with the R34 as he was totally stoked with them.

Thnx.

Odd thing I noticed on the box of yellow jackets I received today "6 month warranty". So it's actually 2 years? *bit confused*

... If it IS two years then I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable - got a bit worried at the warranty mentioned on the packaging ....

Odd thing I noticed on the box of yellow jackets I received today "6 month warranty". So it's actually 2 years? *bit confused*

... If it IS two years then I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable - got a bit worried at the warranty mentioned on the packaging ....

Yep, its 2 years. We are just running out the last of our old packaging. :/

does anyone see a problem with using 2 different types of coilpacks? I had a set of splits in my rig and one of the spark plugs came loose and melted a coilpack and the wiring too, wirings been fixed and because i couldnt find a place that sells splits individually so i went and bought a yellowjacket.

They all theoretically do the same thing right?

there is a trader on nissansivia.com selling nissan OEM coilpacks for $105 a piece

for a stock or even mildly modified application, i'd happily pay for a set of OEM coilpacks over splitfires or yellow jackets

does anyone see a problem with using 2 different types of coilpacks? I had a set of splits in my rig and one of the spark plugs came loose and melted a coilpack and the wiring too, wirings been fixed and because i couldnt find a place that sells splits individually so i went and bought a yellowjacket.

They all theoretically do the same thing right?

/quote]

When one of my YJ's failed and I was waiting for a replacement under warranty, I put in an OEM from the set I had taken out . It worked just fine.

Yeah i put an oem before i put the yj in and it misfired, put the yj in and all was good, now it seems the misfire has come back. Although its a different sound...

Just wanted to say big thanks to performance wise, purchase my item via ebay on Wednesday and needed item by Friday. Performance wise went out of there way to delivery and it arrive on time! any whos i ordered these as my standard coil packs who seemed fine gave me the Code 21, common problem of R34 GTT.

Anywhos, fitted these item and error code vanished! TCS,SLIP, Engine light all vanished.

Review: Performance: Car seems a lot smoother and also feels a more powerful likes its noticeable!

Thanks!!

p.s if you guys wanna buy these exc items. buy it directly from their online store and not ebay.. u save $10 :) i of course didn't realize this until after i bought it via ebay ==

Anywhos, fitted these item and error code vanished! TCS,SLIP, Engine light all vanished.

Good to hear! I hate driving and seeing those f**king lights come on!!

Will be fitting mine tomorrow :)

Just wanted to say big thanks to performance wise, purchase my item via ebay on Wednesday and needed item by Friday. Performance wise went out of there way to delivery and it arrive on time! any whos i ordered these as my standard coil packs who seemed fine gave me the Code 21, common problem of R34 GTT.

Review: Performance: Car seems a lot smoother and also feels a more powerful likes its noticeable!

Thanks!!

p.s if you guys wanna buy these exc items. buy it directly from their online store and not ebay.. u save $10 :) i of course didn't realize this until after i bought it via ebay ==

Glad it worked out for ya mate, as said above it really sucks having those lights!!

Just a technical bit of info on that note, I'm no coilpack expert in case anyone wants to chime in, but they won't as such give you a power increase...only return to you what was lost while you were using worn out coilpacks :D

Just a technical bit of info on that note, I'm no coilpack expert in case anyone wants to chime in, but they won't as such give you a power increase...only return to you what was lost while you were using worn out coilpacks :D

+1. Despite what the advertisements say :D.

As was said in birds post, hence the "+1". If your coilpacks are fine buying yellow jackets/splitfires won't be helping much. It's a pretty pointless semantic discrepancy anyways, point is that it can only return lost power, which means there may or may not be a power gain.