SAU Community

JJR Coil Packs Vs Oem Vs Splitfire Vs Other

Just replaced one of my yellow jackets. Paul made the warranty claim a piece of cake, much appreciated!

He good to deal with hey :)

• 1 month later...

just put in new yellow jackets

the misfire above 5k is gone :)

and there seems to be a bit more power throughout the rev range (guess its back to what the power should be)

lets see how long they last... hopefully I dont have to utilise the 2 year warranty

btw car is no slouch... R33 GTR making 290kw or so

bought em off ebay on sunday... were at my doorstep when I got home from work on Tuesday... was very impressed with delivery time

also since we are talking about coils failing

I installed splitfires installed on my old GTS-T and it was making around 280kw

the new owner told me a month or two ago that one of the coilpacks had let go

they were probably in for about 15months

so Splitfires fail too

although the new owner did give the car alot of stick

Edited by usmair

I'm interested in the OEM coils that are 105 each.. does anyone know who or where these are being sold?

105? I thought they were the best part of $190 each?

I cbf reading through the whole thread but If your worried about your coil packs dying you should just go a waste spark setup, your coils will last 11ty times longer.

I'm not sure what that is? Lower voltage smaller gap?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in the OEM coils that are 105 each.. does anyone know who or where these are being sold?

Hey mate I got brand new OEM coil pack to suit series 1 RB engines for $430 delivered in Oz!

Also 1 set of OEM series 2 R33 RB25 available

Sensational price for these factory OEM Nissan coil packs!

PM best contact.

See my thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/372753-nissan-oem-rb-coil-packs-brand-new/page__p__6004132__hl__rb+coil+packs__fromsearch__1#entry6004132

• 3 weeks later...

The proplem I see in this new coilpacks this days is that there is no quality control or any test other then the ones done by the buyers.

It is comun to see the china brands not testing anything

Splitfire offers all info and testing so you know they have pass qc

I have had splitfire for two yrs now

I run a power pack that shots 19volts to the coils

Which have damaged my oem coilpacks one time

Two yrs of 19 bolts a larger gaps

Over heating and pure abuse they still run great

Now my point for qc is that if you google this china non qc products you will find bad and good feed back.

So basicly it is a 50/50 chance.

I know if many parts the are sold in Japan that has been made in china.

But usually it's not completely done in china.

Like fpr

Internals and final assemble is done in Japan. But the outer case are done in china. Which later explains why you by a fpr and the pressure stays after the fuel pump is off.

Now the ones that are completely done in china with out qc

Fall all the way down as soon as you turn the fuel pump off

QC is what determines the out come

QC also determines that all parts or every fpr meets the complete standards require by each company QC

This is what determines price range

This is why your china non qc products cost less

Plain and simple

The proplem I see in this new coilpacks this days is that there is no quality control or any test other then the ones done by the buyers.

It is comun to see the china brands not testing anything

Splitfire offers all info and testing so you know they have pass qc

I have had splitfire for two yrs now

I run a power pack that shots 19volts to the coils

Which have damaged my oem coilpacks one time

Two yrs of 19 bolts a larger gaps

Over heating and pure abuse they still run great

Now my point for qc is that if you google this china non qc products you will find bad and good feed back.

So basicly it is a 50/50 chance.

I know if many parts the are sold in Japan that has been made in china.

But usually it's not completely done in china.

Like fpr

Internals and final assemble is done in Japan. But the outer case are done in china. Which later explains why you by a fpr and the pressure stays after the fuel pump is off.

Now the ones that are completely done in china with out qc

Fall all the way down as soon as you turn the fuel pump off

QC is what determines the out come

QC also determines that all parts or every fpr meets the complete standards require by each company QC

This is what determines price range

This is why your china non qc products cost less

Plain and simple

Not true for Yellow Jackets. We tested the YJs thoroughly before releasing them to the market. Not just in the factory, but on the street and the track, in real life circumstances. Im still in contact with some of these testers and nearly 3 years on, they are still going strong.

Every single coil that has failed and has been returned, has been tested and disected and this has helped us to improve on them.

Every now and again you get one coil that may have some issue from the assembly line. Its the same with the blue ones and the red ones too (As you can see from reading this thread). Its impossible to check them all internally and individually. My coils have been on the market now for nearly 3 years and there is around 7500pcs in use worldwide, in many different driving conditions and applications.

I can honestly say that since these have been on the market there has been around 70 pcs returned. So thats a failure rate of around 1%.

Most of these returns were at the beginning of market production too. Since improvements have been made, this return rate has fallen dramatically.

Im also well aware of how much of a pain in the butt (and the wallet) it can be to change coilpacks in the RB engines (especially the RB25s) so I dont want to inconvenience my customers with the hassle of a failing coil and the headaches of swapping them out.

The last thing I want for my product is for them to fail. One of my main priorities is to ensure that these are a good unit and will compete in performance and quality against the Blue ones. I work very closely with my associates to ensure that these are made well. The workers are great at what they do and they enjoy it too.

The longetivity of the coils will ensure the peace of mind for the user and will guarantee my success.

I dont offer a 2 year warranty for no reason. Im confident that the Yellow Jackets will last and I stand by this warranty so as to cover any issues that may arise in a realistic timeframe. So this can give the user a proper chance to use and abuse them over a realistic period of time and not be left out of pocket and unsupported. Ask anyone that has processed a waranty with these. I have never backed out or denied anyone their right to a sound product.

These coils are also not "mass produced" on a large scale and sold in "mass market" businesses/franchises like Autobarn. There is only one place in the world you can get these coils from and that is exclusively through Performance-Wise and I will always keep it that way so the quality is enforced and overseen by me, and so the price is always fair and not over-inflated, like the others.

QC is very important to us and is not taken lightly.

P.W.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Not true for Yellow Jackets. We tested the YJs thoroughly before releasing them to the market. Not just in the factory, but on the street and the track, in real life circumstances. Im still in contact with some of these testers and nearly 3 years on, they are still going strong.

Every single coil that has failed and has been returned, has been tested and disected and this has helped us to improve on them.

Every now and again you get one coil that may have some issue from the assembly line. Its the same with the blue ones and the red ones too (As you can see from reading this thread). Its impossible to check them all internally and individually. My coils have been on the market now for nearly 3 years and there is around 7500pcs in use worldwide, in many different driving conditions and applications.

I can honestly say that since these have been on the market there has been around 70 pcs returned. So thats a failure rate of around 1%.

Most of these returns were at the beginning of market production too. Since improvements have been made, this return rate has fallen dramatically.

Im also well aware of how much of a pain in the butt (and the wallet) it can be to change coilpacks in the RB engines (especially the RB25s) so I dont want to inconvenience my customers with the hassle of a failing coil and the headaches of swapping them out.

The last thing I want for my product is for them to fail. One of my main priorities is to ensure that these are a good unit and will compete in performance and quality against the Blue ones. I work very closely with my associates to ensure that these are made well. The workers are great at what they do and they enjoy it too.

The longetivity of the coils will ensure the peace of mind for the user and will guarantee my success.

I dont offer a 2 year warranty for no reason. Im confident that the Yellow Jackets will last and I stand by this warranty so as to cover any issues that may arise in a realistic timeframe. So this can give the user a proper chance to use and abuse them over a realistic period of time and not be left out of pocket and unsupported. Ask anyone that has processed a waranty with these. I have never backed out or denied anyone their right to a sound product.

These coils are also not "mass produced" on a large scale and sold in "mass market" businesses/franchises like Autobarn. There is only one place in the world you can get these coils from and that is exclusively through Performance-Wise and I will always keep it that way so the quality is enforced and overseen by me, and so the price is always fair and not over-inflated, like the others.

QC is very important to us and is not taken lightly.

P.W.

:cheers:

Well said. Im one of the original testers& have had these in my car for close to 3 years now with no problems at all.

Strongly recommend Yellow Jackets and with the extra amount you save use it for other mods.

That said, OEM coils can be had for around the same money now (if you know where to look apparently, and I did :P) and they are proven to be 150,000km items ;).

Definitely. OEM are great and if you can get them for the same price as these then thats awesome and for the record, so far Ive done around 75,000kms on my Yellow Jackets. Will report back in another 3 years :D

Definitely. OEM are great and if you can get them for the same price as these then thats awesome and for the record, so far Ive done around 75,000kms on my Yellow Jackets. Will report back in another 3 years :D

be sure to let us know! lol

my red ones lasted just over 1 year with 1 pack failing.

if anymore go, i will be replacing them with yellow jackets which come with 2 year warranty which is a bonus as well.

Well i did start a new thread on what options were available for the RB's and what were the pros n consetc, but an overzealous mod decided im not worthy, so im dumping the info here so as not to waste it ....good luck with figuring it out, with all the negative neysayers in one corner & with a bunch i have nfi floating around in the other, just to help things! I was hoping to get a clearer answer via a poll but apparently we cant do that.......................... So anyway here goes:

Okada Project - Plasma Direct

Splitfire

FET

SuperSpark

Yellow Jackets

JJR

OEM

Random Ebay

----

HKS - Twin Powers

Okada Project - Plasma Lift

M&W - CDi

Links that I could find:

http://www.okadaproj...sa/products.htm

http://www.sf-j.co.j...lish/index.html

http://www.superspark.com.au/

http://www.performan....com/page27.htm

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=839

http://www.mwignitio...i_ignitions.php

*My 2 cents, Okada Project if money is no object, Splitfire if your after a proven product at a good price, Yellow Jackets on a budget & OEM if ya dont give a crp!

Edited by Zorro

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...