SAU Community

JJR Coil Packs Vs Oem Vs Splitfire Vs Other

just my experience....

bought jjr coils 12mths ago for $399 and after exactly 12 months they failed and caused misfire.....

was lucky to get the warranty.....and upgraded to spitfires.....going good....

Inerested to find this out too, my car does it every now and then, kinda like if i catch it by surprise and shift too soon or somethin.

but anyways I'll be getting a set of yellow jackets next week ive decided, cant wait to see wat they can do for me

I get this also?

Does anyone know what it is?

hm it seems JJR and YellowJackets don't sell any coil packs for R34 GTT's where as SuperSpark do ... I used to think they are all the same chinese coilpacks rebranded but doubt it anymore. If Supersparks were made in the same place as the others, the other sellers would have R34 GTT coilpacks for sale by now.

But anyway ..only a $50 difference between Superspark and Splitfire so might as well go Splitfire if you have an R34 GTT/Stagea (NEO motor)

i burnt out 2 jjr coilpacks within a week and i m currently having spark problems now and they have only been funcitoning for abour 2000 kms

got a set of splitfires. sad to say i was the unlucky few.... dead in 14 months....

Was told there might be some defective ones ( one in hundred).

So yeah.... :)

• 3 months later...

the JJR ones for series 2 R33's (i think they fit gtr's aswell) were a shocking unit, when i was looking for coils last month i called around and the importers of the JJR's said they were discontinued from sale and they recommended Splitfires, they said some of the JJR ones would last a year, some would last 20 minutes, as far as they told me there weren't any probs with the series 1 r33 style or the r32 jjr coils. But as for series 2 or equavalent even they said not to bother with their own product, atleast they were honest about it to me.

In the end I got splitfires, massive amont of difference from a car who couldnt rev abouve 5000rpm just before i changed the coils... now its like driving a new car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
and before anyone on here that knows me starts...yes i know, I AM INDECISIVE :(

lol, are you sure??

just buy yellow jackets or jjr or whatever. If they don't work in your useage they are backed by real australian companies who I'm sure will refund.