SAU Community

The Greatest Car Movies

Duncan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bobby, cars is a great movie...don't see why only kids would watch that. ker-chow indeed. and you can't have lightning mcqueen without steve in the first place

alan, love the beast? it will be interesting, but I already know how it ends....thats the same year we did targa :)

anyway, thanks guys I've got some new stuff for the download queue. and Nick...I want to take transporter off your hands....:domokun:

Some other things worth watching - rendevous, climb dance, in car 956. le mans, blues bros, maybe even driven.

adrian, good call. Bullit was the winner tonight, couldn't pass up steve mcqueen. More importantly, what more could you need than a flute solo in a restaurant scene. The 60s movies really had great ideas that formed the basis for everything in the next 40 yours. No special effects to rely on just good shooting and stories. And that car chase was huge but not the centrepiece of the story. I love how raw the chase is....both cars crash/hit truck/hit guard/rail lock brakes/ u-turns/loose each other. 12 min of car chase, it looks and sounds great

PS Kel is running 5th in the R35 in Rally Tas. So I think its only fair that I at least get to watch good car movies while she has fun.

bobby, cars is a great movie...don't see why only kids would watch that. ker-chow indeed. and you can't have lightning mcqueen without steve in the first place

alan, love the beast? it will be interesting, but I already know how it ends....thats the same year we did targa :(

anyway, thanks guys I've got some new stuff for the download queue. and Nick...I want to take transporter off your hands....:P

Some other things worth watching - rendevous, climb dance, in car 956. le mans, blues bros, maybe even driven.

PS Kel is running 5th in the R35 in Rally Tas. So I think its only fair that I at least get to watch good car movies while she has fun.

Duncan, Transporter 1 and 2 are now set aside to bring with me tomorrow. Transporter 3 is at the movies now, and is set for release on Blu-Ray and DVD on March 10 (in the US, anyway - who knows if it'll be the same here).

Gotta find a copy of Rendezvous and Le Mans, I think I have Climb Dance somewhere here. I know I lost a whole heap of car vids when my spare hard drive for the computer epic failed a few years back and I just couldn't recover it no matter what I tried, and I think Climb Dance was amongst it... :(

Go Kel!!!

No one has mentioned Vanishing Point? The whole move is a chase! (maybe i'm just showing my age...)

Not brilliant but good for a watch every now and then.

Transporter is ok, 3 is pure rubbish.

I really need to get myself a copy of Le mans. You're talking the Steve McQueen one right?

I think i need to have a look at smokey and the bandit and cannonball run again too :)

all time fav is smokey and the bandit, theres something about a black trans-am that does it for me, lol

and theres a film about some irish car theives made in the 80's and i cant think of the name, joyriders maybe, was a good flick too.

haha,

Yeah i love it mate!.

The worst part is collecting all the cars afterwards! Pretty much have the whole lot now (for the boys of course) and has run well into a fair few hundred $$'s.

i always chuck on one of the hpi dvds... or a high octane... just for shits and giggles.. usually clean up and and potter around as theres no storyline to have to follow. cannonball run is a classic... love the skimming lambo. getaway in stockholm is always fun too.

if you really want a laugh though, watch Brother Bear with Root n Tookes commentary.. its gold aye.

cheers

Linton

Hey Nick, thanks for passing on transporter 1&2. I reckion #1 was great particularly the opening chase and idea although it went downhill for me from there. I thought 2 was a bit average. Maybe 3 will be better. I've got Rendevous/Climb Dance/Le mans on dvd for you.

Since my last update I've watched

Transporter 1

Transporter 2

Ronin

Rendevous

In car 956 (not a movie but incredible none the less)

Cannonball Run

All good watching. Cannonball was funny as, and apparently the bloke who thought up the actual idea did something like 150 cross country runs in the US between 1915 and 1940. And then went on to become the first boss of NASCAR. I somehow can't see tony cockrane doing the same.

Not a movie but a series, I watched the first 2 seasons of Knight Rider recently. Rubbish. bloody rose coloured glasses.

Just say no to transporter 3. I saw it a while back and it was rubbish.

I got lemans and had a watch during the week. Well worth it.

And yes, the car chase in Bullit is fantastic.

Though I am highly biased when it comes to steve mcqueen. I loved the great escape when i was a kid (and still do).

why doesn't herbie get a mention?

because thats kinda like saying why is an NA s13 quicker than a turbo r33....

I watched Vanishing Point last night, and it was great - one big car chase thrashing a white 1970 Dodge Challenger across from Colorado to California.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067927/

Do you ever wonder why you need to look for car movies that were made before you were born? I do some times.

Just finished watching cannonball run (a car movie made when i was in kindy for a change). Not bad at all.