SAU Community

The Greatest Car Movies

Duncan

I can only remember the old B&W footage of Fangio fanging it through the streets of Paris in the early hours of the morning.

There was an extremely impressive boat chase through the canals of Amsterdam in the film called "Puppet On A Chain" circa '71 I think

I've always been on the lookout for this at Cash Converters to see if my memory has built up the awesomeness of those few minutes into an expectation far in excess of what it really is Noel hehe

Well, I'll just have to google it think. I've always thought it was better than the chases in Moonraker

I do recall the boat chase in "puppet" Terry. It was well worth the watch.

The movie I am referring to was lauded for its chase scene well beyond the actual movie use by date but fell off the chain somewhere in the 80's when car chase movies becme the norm.

I'll keep looking.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

I can't believe this movie never got mentioned, but I am accidentally watching it on SBS2 tonight.

Thunderbolt, a 95 Jackie Chan movie. Awesome....JDM stuff everywhere....it may turn out rubbish but with Jackie Chan and R32 GTR it seems to have everything going it's way

I can't believe this movie never got mentioned, but I am accidentally watching it on SBS2 tonight.

Thunderbolt, a 95 Jackie Chan movie. Awesome....JDM stuff everywhere....it may turn out rubbish but with Jackie Chan and R32 GTR it seems to have everything going it's way

Ah, the one with the Mitsu GTO?

I still remember the Who Am I Evo parking job.

Yeah I was watching that too. Remember watching it ages ago

The final race was good for lulz, so many cars crashing out & the sped up footage etc.

It was more like a destruction derby than a circuit race hahah

• 1 month later...

the best movie ive seen besides fast and the furious is an old movie called running on empty ,

aussie flick about a GT HO falcon and a blind bloke who teaches the young fella how to drive a blown 57 chevy. to race against a fastback falcon.

... Running on empty, crappy story line nice Aussie/muscle cars.

"greeens nice"

Raised in a holden family, grew up watching the older classics like it. Compared to some of the so called "Car Movies" these days it's not that bad...

( Edit... ) Also on a side note... i enjoy Running on empty for 2 reasons, the cars and the fact there is not 1 CGI scene in it. all done by the actors/stunt drivers. For what it is its pretty damn good