SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

If you are using that Walbro 450L pump. Make sure you have an 2nd earth attached. Or very low fuel pressure.

By the way Another 5 x O 1200cc injector seized up on my car. lol

Asked my tuner to test fuel pressure but had all ready swapped out the fuel filter and said he is now making progress :)

Fuel filter was about 8 months old so my bad in not replacing it for the tune lol

Nek minute still not behaving.

Tuner stuffs around with more of his time your money.

Eventually puts pressure gauge on.

Eventually checks / re does pump wiring.

He is richer. You are poorer.

If you are using this fuel pump:

$(KGrHqVHJBcFBUUDMsuFBSbLZJsTnQ~~60_12.J

You must run two earth. You can just Tee it from the factory wiring and connect it straight to - terminal of your battery. It will then work.

Blocked fuel filter maybe? Just want to curl up and cry lol

It takes 2 seconds to bypass the filter and see if it's at fault.

If you are using this fuel pump:

You must run two earth. You can just Tee it from the factory wiring and connect it straight to - terminal of your battery. It will then work.

If you run that pump off the stock wiring at all you are mad. Run a dedicated earth and fused power through a relay using decent gauge wire. 20 amps is a LOT of current.

Great news :(

I really regret buying mine now, these injectors are just horrible there's just no control at minimum pulse width. It's impossible to get a lean idle or cruise with these as it will just refuse to supply the right fuel.

On E85 my cruise and idle is about 13.5 to 14 AFR any leaner and the car refuses to drive smoothly.

Once I've got some cash flow, the Five O injectors are coming out.

No more garden hoses - I want a nice cone spray pattern!

I killed nearly 2 sets of stock Nissan injectors running united 85, id imagine the five 0 injectors would be the same not suitable for ethanol. put bosch 1000cc in and no problem after 18months.

Must be just united as my nismo 740cc have been on caltex eflex for 3+years and haven't failed and they are the same design as the std side feeds

But they're not re-manufactured like the Five O Injectors, I've had it with the shit spray pattern. They refuse to go any leaner than 13.5 AFR on E85 (gasoline scaling) and maintain a stable idle. On cruise I can't go any leaner than stoich without stupid pops and farts.

On E85 I would like to lean cruise in the 16 AFR region, but with these injectors - forget about it!

They either spray fuel like a garden hose OR they don't... I have no idea why the American forums rave about them - I'm moving towards the idea most of the positives are from member who do not do any tuning themselves thus aren't totally across the technical constraints these injectors pose.

After my rudimentary injector test using glass bottles, I can contest the spray & pray pattern is atrocious!

Let's see what Mr Tax man feels like this year, either a massive fisting (no new injectors) or he rewards (going top feed, the works)

I may be swapping my nismo 740cc's for top feed soon if your interested John?

Not completely sure if I'm going to do it yet, but the 740's would probably be lucky to have done 5000km at the moment.

Thinking about getting EV14's just because my tuner says he would be much happier tuning with them

Great news :(

I really regret buying mine now, these injectors are just horrible there's just no control at minimum pulse width. It's impossible to get a lean idle or cruise with these as it will just refuse to supply the right fuel.

On E85 my cruise and idle is about 13.5 to 14 AFR any leaner and the car refuses to drive smoothly.

Once I've got some cash flow, the Five O injectors are coming out.

No more garden hoses - I want a nice cone spray pattern!

Looks like Im the only one left with five0 injectors that havent died yet lol I ordered 1 Spare now incase they do ever die while im at the track. So even on e85 you still having idle problems? Thats strange

My idle with 740s on 85 is around 0.91-0.93 L which is ~ 13.5:1 . I haven't yet tried to go leaner idle or cruise (~ 1.01-1.03) on United yet .

I think a bit higher than standard base pressure would help if the injectors aren't too crudely made and close in flow .

Rolls option is EV14s but 740s are alright on E85 IMO . I was told to avoid Nismo SF550s like the plague because their short pulse performance is supposed to be terrible , worse than 740s not better .

A .

Looks like Im the only one left with five0 injectors that havent died yet lol I ordered 1 Spare now incase they do ever die while im at the track. So even on e85 you still having idle problems? Thats strange

I only have idle issues once I try and go leaner than 13.5 on idle.. on cruise it will sit close to 14 and far and piss a little around 13.8 AFRs seem to be ok.. but I don't want it that rich.. I'm just wasting fuel and ruining my economy..

On 98RON - forget about it.. car idles and cruises in the 12 region any leaner and just misses farts & pops..

My idle with 740s on 85 is around 0.91-0.93 L which is ~ 13.5:1 . I haven't yet tried to go leaner idle or cruise (~ 1.01-1.03) on United yet .

I think a bit higher than standard base pressure would help if the injectors aren't too crudely made and close in flow .

Rolls option is EV14s but 740s are alright on E85 IMO . I was told to avoid Nismo SF550s like the plague because their short pulse performance is supposed to be terrible , worse than 740s not better .

A .

Potato man, go leaner!

I've got my friend's S15 cruising at 16.5 AFRs and he's getting consistent ~400km per 45L (when the red light goes on)

I may be swapping my nismo 740cc's for top feed soon if your interested John?

Not completely sure if I'm going to do it yet, but the 740's would probably be lucky to have done 5000km at the moment.

Thinking about getting EV14's just because my tuner says he would be much happier tuning with them

Hey Cal, thanks for your offer however if I'm taking out the rail it's never seeing my intake manifold again :)

I'm adamant on top feeds, Siemen DEKA ones seem to fit the bill and requirements - they have a 30 degree cone spray pattern and come in short form which will clear all my plenum woes.. however Proflow / Aeroflow fuel rails only support 3/4 length top feeds. Once I find out the exact requirements/way to fit 1/2 length ones I'll convert soon enough.

These Five O injectors are pissing me off - ironically they work a treat on my friend's S15.. but yes, they're smaller at only 1000cc and are feeding a hungrier cylinder so it works out well.

Yeah I figured you might be having the same views as me if upgrading lol, but anyway. Doesnt hurt to put the offer out. Thought it might also push me over the edge to order the injectors if I had mine all but sold lol

Have just been talking to a friend about five-o injectors and he hasnt had problems with ones he has supplied yet, not problems that were injector faults anyway. So maybe there are just some unlucky people here? lol