SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Funny my new gtr 33 just did 270rwkws with front drive shaft taken out. Fully stock with 3inches turbo bacm exhust. Not sure if the last version of gtr33 had some tricks into its sleeves.

Nah that's about right

I seen a r32 gtr with just catback dynoed at Unigroup back awhile ago made 250rwkw on rwd dyno std computer

And I was struggling to make 230rwkw on my sr20 cams turbo injector afm tune

6cylinders especially gtr make power very easy

Funny my new gtr 33 just did 270rwkws with front drive shaft taken out. Fully stock with 3inches turbo bacm exhust. Not sure if the last version of gtr33 had some tricks into its sleeves.

Sounds off, doubt its a stock ECU tbh. Seem more than a few of them struggle to hit 260 tuned on standard turbos.

12% I think is the agreed difference between awkw and rwkw for the GTRs.

270/1.12 = 241 awkw which sounds about right if it's missing the boost restrictor?

Most R33/4 owners wouldn't bother on a RWD dyno due to having to remove the front shaft. Whereas on the R32 its as simple as pulling a fuse, or flicking a switch if you've got it hooked up that way

Edited by Blackkers

But a highest reading out of a stock GTR on this dyno was 207rwkws on factory tune. My boost curve appears to be laggier also, but not as laggy as the N-1. Pretty much spot on with -9s. But every thing is stock. Its the only Navy Blue GTR Trent's ever seen either. I always gets stooged with cars that makes stupid power.

gtrfront500.jpg

This is power vs a normal GTR33 on stock ecu:

powervs.JPG

Boost vs Stock R33 GTR:

boostvsstd.JPG

And AFR

afr.JPG

Timing, ignition, fuel, AFR, Pretty much every thing is spot on. Std GTR 33 tuned with PFC was getting 245rwkws on 14psi. While this is fully standard with a cat back exhaust. It felt very different to drive compare to other GTR 33s I've looked recently, I was expecting around 180rwkws not 270rwkws.

So well this is my base line for this GTR.

+1 for the 'not actually stock turbos'

Given -7's and -9's and -5's look identical from the outside to stock turbos, I'm going to say they aren't

...they are also what Hypergear are up against in terms of 'bolt on 100% legal high flow-looking' turbo options, curious to see if Stao can get turbos to respond that well and make 375rwkw on E85 and look entirely standard which is what a -9 will do

Or more than 500+rwkw which is what gtx2863 fronts will do in standard housings :P

The previous owner is a farmer, he knew nothing about cars, it was sitting in his garage for a long time. He said he only driven it to his mechanic for a oil change every 4 month, and clocked 4000KMs for the past 5 years. He's wife made him to sale it.

I'm more interested in the Rb26dett power and response thread. I will be starting with a single setup once the manifold is ready. Too much hassle getting E85 when needed, This car will be running on P98 fuel.

Update compared to my previous result with the following changes:

1. Rebuilt actuator arm by Stao with more preload (around 3mm) - this is a Z shaped one as opposed to the original straight rod

2. Rebuilt & tucked in exhaust system:

• JJR bellmouth - bottom half has been recut/customised to run as close to the floor as possible
  • Venom 5" cat - bought without flanges, which were welded on at the exhaust shop for best alignment
  • HKS Super Drager cat back (R33 coupe model) - mid muffler replaced and moved further back for better clearance, most of the piping redone in 3"...

3. Retune at Chasers

Result: 275rwkw @ ~20psi, BP 98 Octane (red line)

Without airbox lid, snorkel and filter: 285rwkw (top blue line)

It also has better response than before so the actuator and exhaust mods have helped.

The intake is restricting it a bit and I reckon that the Trust turnflow might be at its limits, too.

14988174665_c40106fbf1_z.jpg

Thanks heaps Stao and others for your help on this!!