SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Sweet it should be better for e85 to a certain extent then as it doesn't need the efficiency that it would for 98

Unfortunately fuel used makes no difference with intercoolers, either they flow enough air or they don't, the question is where the restrictions starts for each cooler, going off Staos result the 33 starts about the 320kw mark and gets worse from there, the problem is the more you try and force air through a cooler the harder the turbo works creating more boost and more backpressure in the exhaust manifold etc to make the same boost at engine

Stao, I've got a blown kando T67 out of my track car. Looks like the wheels have eaten through its housings. Is it worth fixing? and what are my options. Thanks.

You have lost two Kandos now yeah ?, given you have lost two and others have had them running for years without issue I would say there is an oil supply or drain issue in your setup somewhere at some point and that needs to be found and rectified if you want to continue using the Kando turbos or change to one that doent mind oiling issues

Its the combination of the 25G compressor and L2 turbine don't work on Rb25dets due to the level of its its back pressure. On the same time it depends on how much boost you run through them and how hard car's been driven. I have repaired a few, the simplest options would be dropping in an SL20.5 CHRA with comp housing into your existing turbine housing, it will be making the same amount of power with much better responds as your T67. It will cost you $850 to carry it out.

Alternatively we can make some thing that suits the 25G compressor wheel by using our 75mm SS-4 turbine wheel. It will be capable of making around 430rwkws E85, It will be laggier. This option cost $850 to carry out also.

You have lost two Kandos now yeah ?, given you have lost two and others have had them running for years without issue I would say there is an oil supply or drain issue in your setup somewhere at some point and that needs to be found and rectified if you want to continue using the Kando turbos or change to one that doent mind oiling issues

I'm using the hose kit that came with the turbo, my exhaust is all oil soaked, its got plenty of oil flow. My daily run a Atr43ss1pu at 20psi over two years no problem of what so ever. Stao I'm sending you my T67 for the 430rwkws rebuild. cheers.

^^

Great result. Thanks for sharing. Please upload dyno reading when free. Thank you.

By the way how much laggier would it be? its currently making full boost at 4300RPM. Got a dyno reading?

For SL20.5 it will be making 20psi by 3800RPM, once converted to G4, it will be making full boost around 4600RPM. It depending on how you want the car to drive and what you do on tracks.

QUESTION
Basically I am running a rb25neo op6 highflow on my r34, the spring in my wastegate is to soft and my boost controller is working overtime so my car was only tuned to 13psi (215rwkw). It's not hitting full boost till 5,000rpm is this due to the boost being so low, if I was to get a 1bar spring in the wastegate and get it retuned to 18 or so psi will it hit full boost sooner? Basically I want full boost by 3,500rpm thats why i went with a highflow but if its still going to be laggy might go the ATR43 road.

Yes I have all supporting mods

Drop your exhaust and see if boost comes on earlier. Could be a blocked cat, or the wastegate is leaking?

Grab a heavy actuator from Hypergear, or buy a Turbosmart one if you are cashed up. Make sure there is around 5mm of wastegate preload on the puck.

QUESTION

Basically I am running a rb25neo op6 highflow on my r34, the spring in my wastegate is to soft and my boost controller is working overtime so my car was only tuned to 13psi (215rwkw). It's not hitting full boost till 5,000rpm is this due to the boost being so low, if I was to get a 1bar spring in the wastegate and get it retuned to 18 or so psi will it hit full boost sooner?

Yes I have all supporting mods

Was the high flow done through us, and would u know the date it was built? It would be great if i can get some info on the high flow.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. No information on the highflow as I got it off a friend a while ago and it was just sitting around for a while so I put it in. It starts building boost at around 3,000rpm. I might drop the exhaust and take it for a run and see if that helps as i don't really want to spend money on a wastegate get it re tuned and then to find it's still laggy.

Hang on come to think of it there is no way my cat is blocked as I was running a standard turbo (12psi) before this highflow and was making full boost at around 2750rpm. Is it worth spending money on a new wastegate and a retune or just get a whole new turbo?

R34 Skyline ,Rebuilt Hypergear Turbo with HP actuator

750cc injectors ,Power FC ,with Hand Controller ,

Walbro 460 ,Z32 afm, ASC Carbon Comp Clutch,

Apexi FMIC ,19psi ,410hp , 306kw ,E85 ,

runs perfectly pulls very hard, safe tune

Work done by EFI Performance on the Gold Coast :yes:

The absolute best and most professional crew we have ever used !!!!

post-136194-0-04193800-1418870043_thumb.jpg

The turbo could just be a horror story.

Thats what i am thinking :( might buy my self a new turbo for christmas. Can any one confirm if I should be making full boost alot sonner even while running that low of boost?

Edited by DoseVader

I still have my old standard r34 op6 turbo should I highflow this or just get a ATR43 for the exrta $100 or so dollars? I just want a good all round turbo that comes on around 3,500 at the latest as I don't track or drift the car just for street use so the more standard looking the better? Want to make around 250-260rwkw anything above that is a bonus.