SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

We only do engineering related work, when collecting the turbo I can direct you to a good mechanic whom might be close to your area.

All good, I'll get my local guy to do it.

I've decided to go the ss2.

How much for an ss2 with everything required to bolt it up and what pressure is the wastegate actuator set to stock?

The turbo fits stock manifold, dump, water lines and oil drain. You will need a proper metal induction pipe to be made and a 2.5inches silicon hose in 90 degrees. You can pm m35scotty for the induction pipe. Manifold spacer is required and supplied, 4 longer manifold studs are required.

The actuator is set to around 17psi, final boost level depends on how free flow every else are.

Probably best to control boost with foot. if the initial boost level it set too low, the turbo will not be able to hold boost up top.

Do you have a ~10psi actuator you could supply fitted to it with the 17psi one that I can change to later?

The car won't see much use until I get some injectors and a tune but I do want to be able to drive it in the mean time if necessary and trying to limit the boost with the throttle is just not practical. It's not my daily so it's not likely I'll need it but if I do then it'll be a 400km day in traffic so boost needs to be kept under control properly.

Edited by Cowboy1600

If i set the internal gate at 10psi. When supporting mods are available, this turbo will not hold any boost that is beyond 16psi. Itnwill not make the target power. I can make a flow restrictor that sits on front of the turbo instead.

Hey stao, have fitted up the SS2 you supplied to my brothers R33 , runs at 0.8bar, even at this pressure it pulls pretty hard, I would compare it to be very similar to the GT3076 and GTX3076 I had on my car,

although his car seems to be one of those cars that just hauls.. lol

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

The gtr is for sale, from experience it will take a while that leaves me with plenty of time. Im going back to rb25det and looking to start a new venture modifying x6 turbos

The xr6 turbo venture will be interesting, where are you going to post results to that?

will suit performance rb30 stuff better than some stuff you sell atm which is rb25 based and chokes on rb30s

cheers

darren

Hey Stao,

Finally got around to fitting a 21U highflow i bought off you half a year ago as the gt2871rs finally died from track abuse lol.

Couldn't be happier with performance. Similar (and i think slightly better) response than a gt2871rs but much stronger mid and top end when on hi boost.

Final figures were 21psi for 305rwkw track friendly tune, wastegate pressure gave 270rwkw which was around 18-19psi.

Tuner mentioned he was very surprised by the turbo and impressed with the smoothness/power delivery.

I'd offer dyno printout but we tuned it on crap road tires and high boost just ended up wheelspinning on the dyno haha, causing a really jagged powerline.

Will also mention power comes on much more progressive than my old turbo, so much so that even at high boost, my car grips 2nd with no fuss and this is all on a circuit setup so camber, toe, stiffer springs/dampers etc.

Thank you :)

Edited by Touge Kyousou
  • Like 1