SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video footage. :)

This is a set of rather unusual high flow jobs. Pair of high flowed 2860-5s into ATR28SS15. Its going to a Rb30det engine with Rb26 head. Hopefully they will solve the back pressure issues currently experiencing with GTRS turbine wheel. One more thing that I'm alittle concern is the back pressure in the exhaust system as the ATR28SS15 is ideally made to run on a single 3 inches turbo back system, that GTR is pretty good of having 4 inches turbo back exhaust, still have to be shared with two turbo how ever. I've made some oversized thrust collars for that purpose, hopefully be seeing close to 500rwkws with those once fully running.

frontnback.JPG

One more prototype of SAT prototype is made for my single high mount GTR. This one was engineered to make around 450awkws on the current setup without additional lag. It made huge amount of torque, and clutch is gone. This one will definitely be making alot more power, and response is no different to the traditional SAT. Nismo Super coppermix is going in, hopefully be back on the dyno in two weeks time.

carondyno.JPG

atr45satssoncar.jpg

Vs standard ATR45SAT (pink and yellow is from the new prototype, stopped when clutch gave away)

power.jpg

Nice video footage. :)

This is a set of rather unusual high flow jobs. Pair of high flowed 2860-5s into ATR28SS15. Its going to a Rb30det engine with Rb26 head. Hopefully they will solve the back pressure issues currently experiencing with GTRS turbine wheel. One more thing that I'm alittle concern is the back pressure in the exhaust system as the ATR28SS15 is ideally made to run on a single 3 inches turbo back system, that GTR is pretty good of having 4 inches turbo back exhaust, still have to be shared with two turbo how ever. I've made some oversized thrust collars for that purpose, hopefully be seeing close to 500rwkws with those once fully running.

frontnback.JPG

I noticed you have removed the divider between the turbine outlet and the wastegate, just curious of the thinking behind that ?

The exhaust is twin 3" through twin 3" cats into single 4" at the mid muffler then 4" out the rest, back pressure from exhaust shouldn't be an issue :)

• Like 1

The rear wheels are bigger, once machined the divider turned out to be very thin. Since the compressors are lot bigger also, it will create greater turbine flow. Usually internal waste gates don't at full 90 degrees, the divider would limits the amount of bleeding area around the disc resulting unlimited boost creep, that is some thing else I had in concerns, but I won't know till they are in the car and running.

My recent RAC speed event.

SS2 ~410hp

Despite my over steer incident, my best time of the day.

Great footage :thumbsup:

The rear wheels are bigger, once machined the divider turned out to be very thin. Since the compressors are lot bigger also, it will create greater turbine flow. Usually internal waste gates don't at full 90 degrees, the divider would limits the amount of bleeding area around the disc resulting unlimited boost creep, that is some thing else I had in concerns, but I won't know till they are in the car and running.

I figured there would be a reason, was just curious as to what it was and figured it might have to do with get gases away from turbine, unfortunately I run split dumps and will have to put something back in there so the split dump works the way it is meant to :/

Yep, these are mine and are replacing my GT-RSs in the hope of gaining some response and allow me to run more boost to see if I can crack 500awkw, currently at 458awkw @ 28psi

Cool! I remember drunk conversations at Mick's place a couple of years ago playing around with ideas like this - we were discussing FP based similar solutions, but this works. Will be very interesting to see how it comes out :)

I still wonder/worry a bit about the housings and potential restrictions beyond the actual wheels themselves which could hamper progress but I hope they are unfounded. When do you aim to have this all together?

As soon as Scott (Insight Motorsport) has his dyno up and running agian, it got flooded in the last big storm over here

Time will tell if it works or not, either way it has to be better then the GT-RSs

And by the way, I've made some custom exhaust wheels that is for the GTR OEM high flows. They are engineered to support 300 ~ 350awkws region on pump fuel and response will have similar to stock twins. My car's waiting for bits and pieces, so if any one is interested to evaluate please let me know, I will put a special offer for $1200 on both turbochargers.

• Like 1

The twin atr28ss1.5 should have no problems cracking 500kw on your rb2630 setup

A single ss1.5 on my old sr20 made a very easy 251kw on 20psi and 266kw with a larger

.86 rear housing and 24psi

Only thing stopping you from running 25+psi maybe the back pressure from the turbines unless stao has changed them as I got mine a while ago 1-2years ago and smaller rear housing will be the best for response

I gained 16kw from going from a .64ar to .86ar but full boost went from 3750rpm to 4100rpm also 4psi more but felt faster and more responsive with the .64 ar