SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Thanks all (Stao included) It goes for a retune early next year for e85 so I'll get it looked at then. What are the options for a more free flow exhaust? Would decat see some gains? Does anyone know how PWR compares to Plazmaman?

big dump down pipe ano no cat is best... easily gain 10kW with no cat

Hi stao.

Are you saying the new prototype 21u high flow is making 287rwkw with the return flow inter cooler on pump 98? If so that is good to here.

When will it be available??

Thanks

No, I've made 290rwkws on an ATR45SAT SRFC model, that was engineered to max out my Blitz cooler kit. That one is available.

21U high flow was using an PWR cooler, you will likely be seeing that making 250rwkws region on a return flow kit.

No, I've made 290rwkws on an ATR45SAT SRFC model, that was engineered to max out my Blitz cooler kit. That one is available.

21U high flow was using an PWR cooler, you will likely be seeing that making 250rwkws region on a return flow kit.

Mad, I'm glad you and I both reproduced the same results. Anyway to get a bit less lag Stao?

It looks like you are reaching 20psi by 120KM/H which is 4280RPM. This is a fairly large size turbo, can use BB CHRA which will get 100 RPM better in response, and having a 600x300x100mm FMIC can pickup some response also. Its making 20psi at 4000RPM on my R34. I'm working on a different turbine wheel at moment. I see if I can pickup the same amount of power with better response.

Thanks Stao, I'd love to see your results.

Have you come across the A/c drain hitting the dump pipe in any of your tests? Mine melted (completely missed it when fitting the turbo) so I chopped it but I'm worried the a/c drain will drip on the dump pipe now and crack it or atleast cause a lot of steam.

I've read quite a bit about the Blitz Return flow coolers and how the kits pose restrictions - from your investigations it seemed as if the conclusion was the cooler core was the issue with such a large pressure drop? I like the idea of the return flow piping utilising standard pipes in bay, if a 600x300x76 decent cooler such as plazmaman or pwr were to be used with custom piping similar to that of the blitz kits (potentially even the same size piping), is it safe to say this would be similar to say the set up you currently have in your 34?

I'm considering using the blitz kit for now until a turbo upgrade (down the track) then swapping out for a better cooler and having the blitz piping altered to suit. I eventually want a tad over 300rwkw on 98 but just want a nice easy cooler for the mean time.

Thanks for reading.

Along same vein but back to the 21u high flow on the r34. With return flow max around 250rwkw with the return flow. However, running e85 would that net you around 270rwkw due to the advantages re. Timing and knock resistance compared with p98?

Toshi seemed to think e85 isn't great in a car that is driven once a week (lose octane over the time and could get knock), but others on here seem to think it's ok.

Any thoughts? Would like ultimate response

The VP racing fuels E85 additive is claimed to do similar and also provide lube to the engine.

I'm considering welding my internal gate shut on my ATR45 in the coming months when I got for an E85 tune, going external gate etc to see if the boost control improves (I would assume flow improves as well with a screamer) - Any thoughts on this?

The VP racing fuels E85 additive is claimed to do similar and also provide lube to the engine.

I'm considering welding my internal gate shut on my ATR45 in the coming months when I got for an E85 tune, going external gate etc to see if the boost control improves (I would assume flow improves as well with a screamer) - Any thoughts on this?

Just use Lucas Ethanol Stabiliser, pretty cheap and drop in 30mL at a time into your full tank... prior to my flex setup, I just did that and the car gets driven at most once a week, usually every fortnight.

Fuel filter after 2000km looked pretty ok, no extra deposits or anything but did have some brown gunk in it as usual.

As for running an external, make sure you vent it from the manifold to relieve back pressure.. running the gate of the turbo "may" be a good idea however the factory manifold is pretty restrictive as I've found out on the dyno.

The manifold and gate were glowing bright red and when I added in more timing the car wouldn't make any more power...

I'm in the process or moving the gate onto the manifold from the turbo housing.. hopefully should see less back pressure and allow me to dial in more timing.

FWIW I put in an additional 6 degrees of timing and it only netted 327kW, I pulled back 3 degrees and it made 325kW @1.6bar boost.

I have seen 430+ a few times on the factory manifold with the gate off the housing. Welding it off the manifold could work well if you can get in and die grind it afterwards. I doubt you will see much in the way of gains between them.

No need for stabilizer with pump e85, I have been on Caltex/United e85 for 6 odd years without running a stabilizer and never cleaned my filters or injectors.

Watch your timing, I much prefer more boost and less timing as you previously mentioned Johnny.

You need to put a 600x300x100mm cooler on. Or adding the gate makes very little differences in power. Then add E85. This turbo maxed at 420rwkws on Hovac's C34 Stagea.

This is an Duel ball bearing ATR43G3 SAT, Not the prettiest looking. But managed 317rwkws @ 21psi, full boost hit at 3550RPM. This is the most responsive turbocharger that I've ever built so far.

fronts.JPG

Final result was 317rwkws @ 21psi P98 fuel.

power.JPG

Almost reaching 20psi by 3500RPM, Currently at 3550RPM.

boost.JPG