SAU Community

Just Me Venting.. Why Buy Non Turbo..

mate, the one thing i love about my 33 is it has potential to be whatever i want it to be. those commonwhore drivers can only do what put in a v8, i can slam in a rb26, or just a standard 25det and my car will be faster and better looking. there is a reason commonwhores are only sold in aust. the skyline is a global fascination.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno if you people are all living in dreamland or just ignorant

its simple why people ask the question why buy a na skyline ill tell u why exactly

its a posers car

my r34 (so called sports car) is worth ~15k, i could buy a vn wit reg for 1k and beat it, a mazda 3 would kill it fark theres not much on the road it can actually beat

the reason people will ask those question is the same reason why u all ask ppl why they rice there lancers mirages protons civics etc...

to the genius who says he blows away vz commodores in his r33 na, all i have to say is LOL are u running nos or somthing

That's funny since i know of numerous N/A skylines that have left all types of commodores back 3-4 cars. An N/A skyline has more power and is lighter than a commodore V6(VN 125kw - R33 140-147kw). So any driver with half a brain could chop one.

That's funny since i know of numerous N/A skylines that have left all types of commodores back 3-4 cars. An N/A skyline has more power and is lighter than a commodore V6(VN 125kw - R33 140-147kw). So any driver with half a brain could chop one.

:D

bahahaha, i love how ignorant and hypocritical NA skyline owners are. now i'm not a commodore fan, i'm just a realist. both commodores and NA skylines are slow. and as someone said above, they are just a posers car.

how is a riced up lancer with an evo kit any different to a NA skyline with a gtr kit or any other big body kit? they are both base model crap dressed up to look like it's much faster big brother. both poser cars. it seems it is ok for skyline owners to do certain mods but if someone else does the same thing to their car they are stupid. sorry guys but it works both ways. there is a few skylines in gympie with GTR badges on them. one is an auto NA rb20E powered r33, which also has a gtr bodykit on it.

"my skyline will chop commodores" bahahahaha, seriously. get someone with half a brain to drive the commodore then or race a manual. i've beaten late model commodores in the missus SSS pulsar, but the commodores were all auto.

also a vn commodore weighs pretty much the same as a r33 NA, and as for power, they will generally put out similar power on a dyno to a NA rb25, but they have more torque down low. max power doesn't determine how fast you go. the 3.5L magnas (non vrx models) are a prime example of this. put out 147kw just like a NA rb25, weigh more than a r33, are fwd so harder to launch, yet consistently running mid to high 14's at the drags. how many NA skylines are into the 14's with just cat back exhausts? and how many can run mid 14's with full exhaust? if you want a fast NA go a magna, LOL

as for "what mods can you do in a commodore? put a v8 in it?" you can put a heap of different motors in. you can put in all the same motors you could put in your skylines, plus you can more easily fit in other motors due to the larger engine bay.

as for the "liking a challenge of making a NA as fast as a stock turbo", if you are on your p's then fine, go for it, but if you are buying a skyline to be fast, just get a turbo. these days they are cheaper to buy in the first place, so by the time you have wasted money getting it close to being as quick as a turbo, you are already well behind in the $$$ because for the same money as what you had to spend on buying the NA you could have a turbo version running high 12's. the same goes for a commodore. say a NA skyline costs you 15k, you could buy a commodore for $2000 and then spend 13k on making it go fast and have something that leaves every NA skyline on the road for dead. or you can spend the 15k on the skyline to impress 16 yr old girls

ive got a few mates who r from overseas (america and england), and it amazes me how in love with skylines they are, i have a r34 gtt and i thought i liked my car haha. and nether of them blink an eye at commodores...

i wouldnt worry about ur mates hasselin ya. most ppls parents probly drive better commodores than them anyway

poser? lol stfu. maybe we r to young to have a turbo on the car, and we love skylines and their look.

Personally im 18 and on my P's. I've always loved skylines, all the models even. I love rb's and how they sound, their a much smaller engine than what the whores have and put up a good fight.

What isn't there to love about them? turbo or no turbo. I like them because its a skyline not so i can look like a sikunt and try get pussy in it.. wtf.

And you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be able to know turbo models will smoke a 32 with the same amount of money spent. Thats just commonsense.

We just arnt fortunate enough to be able to drive with a turbo attached. Also some people i know prefer N/As even on their opens, simply because they are more reliable. And don't say they aren't, your kidding yourself, turbos models f**k up all the time.... specially 32's and 33's.

And as for the comment on commodores whoring skylines, mine keeps up with VE's man hahah eat shit idiot. their like a 30 grand car

Edited by r32na

wow, your sports coupe can keep up with a family car. i bet you are proud, LOL. of course they put up a good fight with a smaller engine. commodores and falcons, etc are made to be family cars, so the engines are designed to be able to easily cope with having 5 adults in the car, plus luggage and not require you to have to floor it to be able to move. another thing that very few people take into account when talking about commodores and falcons being slow is their gear ratios. they have much taller gearing than skylines. if you were to change the diff ratio of a skyline to that of a commodore or falcon, you would find it much slower than it is standard. it would be able to go much faster (top speed) in each gear, but it's acceleration would be slower. or change the diff ratio in a commodore or a falcon to that of a skyline and you would find that they are much faster but would be hindered by the lower redline than the smaller motor.

as for turbo models being less reliable than NA models, that is a load of shit. it has nothing to do with the car and more to do with the driver or the fact that it has been modded so much more than most NA skylines. if you get a turbo model and just put an exhaust on it and don't touch the boost then you shouldn't have any troubles with it. but no, people get them, increase the boost pressure on the stock turbo by 50% or more and of course things start to show their age or wear out quicker. most people are running about 11psi which is a 57% increase in pressure. and the fact that this is also now at lower rpm as it is no longer just 5psi before 4500rpm, you have over twice the boost pressure at low rpm. you go and carry round a few bags of cement all day everyday and see if you start getting sore knees, back, etc. it's the same thing. i had a turbo 33 for over a year and never had any issues that are exclusive to turbo models that don't come under general maintainance or weren't from running extra boost. i had to put new plugs in it cause the old ones were worn out (can happen on a NA) and i had an exhaust manifold stud break (had that happen on other NA cars i've owned in the past). i had the pivot bolt in the gearbox snap. that was due to it being installed incorrectly by the mechanic who put the heavy duty clutch in (NA cars wear clutches out too). i had to clean the AAC/IAC valves, but i've had to do the same on other cars before too. but nothing related to the turbo, etc ever gave me any issues and i used to give it a pretty hard time. was running 14psi through the stock turbo which as most people will tell you isn't the best thing to do for turbo life. so anyone that says that NA skylines are more reliable, it has little to do with the fact it is NA and more to do with the fact that people drive turbo cars much harder and usually have them modded much more than NA ones. buy a bog stock turbo and leave it that way and you have as much chance as something going wrong as a NA model.

you can spend the 15k on the skyline to impress 16 yr old girls

Im 17 :yes: heh.. but in all seriousness my n/a just has type m kit on it.. which is standard.. no bullshit gtr wings/bars etc (my bad if you car has it, i just like standard look) I got a skyline coz im obsessed with they way they look, the stance, the ass, the everything. also mad082, what point are you trying to prove? and you write way to much, its painful to read, which makes reading your opinion annoying as hell.. so stop sterotyping, most n/a skylines arnt like your lancer with rallyart stickers across the back... yes i may not hav a turbo, but if laws werent f**cked, im sure i would have.. plus most turbo skylines are cheaper than n/a ones.. im out for the look of them, and the sound.. in all honestly sounds as if you have a real grudge...? :)

>_<

Im 17 :yes: heh.. but in all seriousness my n/a just has type m kit on it.. which is standard.. no bullshit gtr wings/bars etc (my bad if you car has it, i just like standard look) I got a skyline coz im obsessed with they way they look, the stance, the ass, the everything. also mad082, what point are you trying to prove? and you write way to much, its painful to read, which makes reading your opinion annoying as hell.. so stop sterotyping, most n/a skylines arnt like your lancer with rallyart stickers across the back... yes i may not hav a turbo, but if laws werent f**cked, im sure i would have.. plus most turbo skylines are cheaper than n/a ones.. im out for the look of them, and the sound.. in all honestly sounds as if you have a real grudge...? :)

>_<

exactly. And wat i ment by saying Turbos f**k up more than n/a is that if u mod them.... which you do when u have a turbo in it, they r must more likly to f**k up than a modded N/A.

Another reason i bought a skyline other than my love for them is they r a good drifting car which i am getting into and will be taking it down to the track son once the all my suspension is done. It is a good drifter even without a turbo... much better than a commo with a unit sticker on the back

ive got a few mates who r from overseas (america and england), and it amazes me how in love with skylines they are, i have a r34 gtt and i thought i liked my car haha. and nether of them blink an eye at commodores...

i wouldnt worry about ur mates hasselin ya. most ppls parents probly drive better commodores than them anyway

Because they are unique :)

NA represent! iv been to the turbo side...didnt like it much. when it eventually died i slapped my NA stuff back on and now its better than ever xD

the amount of times i get complimented on it...well iv lost count. and had the servo story more than once too :P but hey, these things are still quick, and youv gotta remember too, that no matter, turbo, or non turbo, its still gonna shit all over any commodore worked or unworked, in the twisties, thats a proven fact, on many occasions. (thats with stock suspension :))

if you take good care of it, itl be quick and reliable. more reliable than most cars on the road today

wow, your sports coupe can keep up with a family car. i bet you are proud, LOL. of course they put up a good fight with a smaller engine. commodores and falcons, etc are made to be family cars, so the engines are designed to be able to easily cope with having 5 adults in the car, plus luggage and not require you to have to floor it to be able to move. another thing that very few people take into account when talking about commodores and falcons being slow is their gear ratios. they have much taller gearing than skylines. if you were to change the diff ratio of a skyline to that of a commodore or falcon, you would find it much slower than it is standard. it would be able to go much faster (top speed) in each gear, but it's acceleration would be slower. or change the diff ratio in a commodore or a falcon to that of a skyline and you would find that they are much faster but would be hindered by the lower redline than the smaller motor.

as for turbo models being less reliable than NA models, that is a load of shit. it has nothing to do with the car and more to do with the driver or the fact that it has been modded so much more than most NA skylines. if you get a turbo model and just put an exhaust on it and don't touch the boost then you shouldn't have any troubles with it. but no, people get them, increase the boost pressure on the stock turbo by 50% or more and of course things start to show their age or wear out quicker. most people are running about 11psi which is a 57% increase in pressure. and the fact that this is also now at lower rpm as it is no longer just 5psi before 4500rpm, you have over twice the boost pressure at low rpm. you go and carry round a few bags of cement all day everyday and see if you start getting sore knees, back, etc. it's the same thing. i had a turbo 33 for over a year and never had any issues that are exclusive to turbo models that don't come under general maintainance or weren't from running extra boost. i had to put new plugs in it cause the old ones were worn out (can happen on a NA) and i had an exhaust manifold stud break (had that happen on other NA cars i've owned in the past). i had the pivot bolt in the gearbox snap. that was due to it being installed incorrectly by the mechanic who put the heavy duty clutch in (NA cars wear clutches out too). i had to clean the AAC/IAC valves, but i've had to do the same on other cars before too. but nothing related to the turbo, etc ever gave me any issues and i used to give it a pretty hard time. was running 14psi through the stock turbo which as most people will tell you isn't the best thing to do for turbo life. so anyone that says that NA skylines are more reliable, it has little to do with the fact it is NA and more to do with the fact that people drive turbo cars much harder and usually have them modded much more than NA ones. buy a bog stock turbo and leave it that way and you have as much chance as something going wrong as a NA model.

Your arrogance is a perfect example of the problems in the car "world".

i think its quite funny that turbo car owners think that they are better than someone else that owns a NA. i mean seriously, maturity level here?

whether its NA or turbo it shouldnt matter, im glad i got my lil NA she has done me proud over and over, a few times disapointed me but you get that.

if i am to be called a poser. then fine ill be a poser. . i dont care. but at least i know that if i ever get pulled over im not gonna get done for having a EBC or aftermaket BOV. i mean yes i have been pulled over, ive even been asked what EBC i run, and i was like, umm what EBC? my car is non turbo! the officer had a look again and said why so it is, why did you get a non turbo? i said because i didnt want to wrap myself around a tree being that it was my first performance car. yes a NA IS a performance car, no matter what you turbo people say. if you say a NA is not a performance car then go tell that to all those NA Drag Cars out there and see what gets said to your face. i would imagine it would not be pretty. and it dosent matter whether it is a straight 6, v6 or v8, they are all performance cars.

im really re considering turboing my lil NA. i dont think im gonna do it, instead ill get some full on head work done, and some custom cams made up to get the car to increase some of her potential.

ive also kept up to cv8 monaros too, manual ones....im not complaining on that....

ive done a lot of things no one else has had the balls to do. and by god ill do it over and over. im not afraid say what you will about my car, say what you will about me. but it comes down to why do you really say what you say? id some what be thinking that jealousy may be part of the issue, i could be wrong, flame me if you have to, go for it.

but in the end I am the one driving the car, not you. so why comment when your not the one owning it or driving it in the first place? seems a bit silly really........

and i hope to have my engine bay done up in the next couple of days, if it is done i will post pics up :)

Edited by MissR34