SAU Community

Why do people hate the R33?

2 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Sydney roads are absolutely horrible for driving.

However Newcastle on the other hand is awesome for driving...plenty of epic roads for a blast.

R33 GTRs still rock, though, right? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

and doesn't make DSG farts lol

Now here's something I can get on board HATING!! it seems every wanker in Sydney has their DSG farts modified to be louder? (not really sure nor care how that works)

2 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

However Newcastle on the other hand is awesome for driving

Watch out for Kangaroos! I've hit 3 driving Hunter Valley roads, but yes they are very nice for driving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robocop2310 said:

This one had a built turbo. Any other questions?

what a useless video.. no engine shot, no tech details...all turbos are built one way or another lol... please elaborate... but seriously... post this in the TRD Camry thread, as a testament to TRD being more than just a trim level. mind you as "concept" it's really not even worth discussing until it's actually produced.

1 minute ago, GTofuS-T said:

what a useless video.. no engine shot, no tech details...all turbos are built one way or another lol... please elaborate... but seriously... post this in the TRD Camry thread, as a testament to TRD being more than just a trim level. mind you as "concept" it's really not even worth discussing until it's actually produced.

Ha ha ha...I was joking...TRD or or not...my wife drives this to pick up our kids...it's like a good looking boat. 

1 minute ago, GTofuS-T said:

I work for toyota :)

9 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

Now here's something I can get on board HATING!! it seems every wanker in Sydney has their DSG farts modified to be louder? (not really sure nor care how that works)

Watch out for Kangaroos! I've hit 3 driving Hunter Valley roads, but yes they are very nice for driving.

Yes, they delete their resonators and retard heaps of timing on gear shifts to increase the farts... however they are there for a reason, to cut torque between gear shifts so the box doesn't go bang. The farts are a byproduct of timing retard between gear changes

33 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I think most people are spooked by GT-R's because the natural reaction is to lift-off when the tail kicks.

Keep that throttle on lads, and enjoy HICAS :)

Yeah you can work with it, sort of. If it starts malfunctioning, good luck. Functioning HICAS is fine for the road, but on the track it's annoying.

Anyone claiming that HICAS only improves their car control on a (let's assume fast country or hills) drive is not driving hard enough to understand the point.  Those (above) who have backed me up and described how HICAS is frightening when you are really, really up it can do so because they have experienced it.

Bakemono.....when you say "and enjoy HICAS", you really mean "enjoy ATESSA".  Using the GTR's RWD biased AWD  to conquer oversteer is not the same as having HICAS wiggle the rear wheels around because it's got no idea what it is doing.

3 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

I've had the delete kit for ages, just too lazy to get under and do it.

lazy bastard lol.. the lock bar is a piece of piss.. the full eliminiator kit takes a bit of time, but worth it..  I wrote a guide too

here it is for anyone interesting in deleting the bullshit Nissan put in:

http://www.trak-life.com/diy-hicas-delete-hicas-eliminator-kit/ 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:37 PM, GTofuS-T said:

Well the rise in R32 price was arguably due to the US demand, so it would be fairly safe to say if they're interested in them, the same rise will occur, unless, and I've heard some people doing this with R34's too, they're buying them already and storing them until they can be legally imported, smoothing the demand rather than a big influx.

here you go... 19,000 USD for an R33 GTS-T...

Image may contain: car and text