SAU Community

Bc Racing Coilovers?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'll just vouch for BCs again...pulled out the passenger rear for a stripdown and clean after a creaking/groaning coming from that area. Over 3 1/2 years of daily driving and all the components still as good as new, no leaks from shocks, no issues at all. Definitely great stuff for the price of them.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to make your BC's even better, fit them with swift springs. Their springs are more linear, lighter and give longer stroke.

Edited by BoostdR
  • Like 1

I'll just vouch for BCs again...pulled out the passenger rear for a stripdown and clean after a creaking/groaning coming from that area. Over 3 1/2 years of daily driving and all the components still as good as new, no leaks from shocks, no issues at all. Definitely great stuff for the price of them.

I'm in the same boat, over 5 1/2 years down the track; daily driven as well. BC BR's in my NM35 Stagea.

Coatings are all still perfect, all dust boots, and bushes are perfect.

No leaks, rattles or bangs; and absolutely no degradation of performance.

Way better than I ever expected for the $1200 I spent.

• 1 month later...

If you want to make your BC's even better, fit them with swift springs. Their springs are more linear, lighter and give longer stroke.

Interesting, where can you get those from?

Also anyone in the know, can you please confirm if BC BR front and rear coils are interchangeable? I currently run 6kg front, 5kg rear and wouldn't mind experimenting with 8kg front, 6kg rear (the standard rates) - can I just swap my current front springs to the rear and buy some 8kg fronts? What's the easiest place to buy online in Aus?

Also anyone in the know, can you please confirm if BC BR front and rear coils are interchangeable? I currently run 6kg front, 5kg rear and wouldn't mind experimenting with 8kg front, 6kg rear (the standard rates) - can I just swap my current front springs to the rear and buy some 8kg fronts? What's the easiest place to buy online in Aus?

Answering my own question, just checked and my front springs are P/N 62.200.006 and rears 62.220.005. In other words, the fronts are 200mm whereas the rears are 220mm.

Spring diameter is the same and you might be able to get away with the 10% length difference but I'm not sure if I want to risk it... thoughts?

as you can adjust the spring perch at will to accommodate for the extra length and still keep same ride height, I couldn't see anything tragic happening. You might get more spring travel from the extra length? Try it.

• Like 1

Interesting, where can you get those from?

how do the 6kg and the 5kg ones ride and handle on the street? or even on a good bit of twisties? current coilovers in my r32 gtst arent the best and bc looks quite good from this thread

Most people I know get swift springs through Jesse streeter

Thanks Josh. I priced them and they're about twice the price of BC Racing, per spring, landed.

Also Swift only seem to have 60 and 65mm diameter, not 62 which is what my BC's came with.

as you can adjust the spring perch at will to accommodate for the extra length and still keep same ride height, I couldn't see anything tragic happening. You might get more spring travel from the extra length? Try it.

It all depends on whether you've got enough thread left in the direction you need to wind the spring perch to accommodate the longer springs. If it's there, it's not going to cost you anything to try it.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure there's enough thread left, I was mostly concerned about the shock travel with an (occasionally) fully loaded sedan.

Theory is though that with a 20% stiffer spring you'd have less travel over the same bump at the same speed than with the softer spring, right?

how do the 6kg and the 5kg ones ride and handle on the street? or even on a good bit of twisties? current coilovers in my r32 gtst arent the best and bc looks quite good from this thread

I've been very happy with them for almost 3 years now, highly recommended. I'm only considering stiffer because:

• I did a track day at Sandown earlier this year and there's still a fair bit of body roll, despite the bigger swaybars I'm running
  • I recently got a ride in a Liberty with full remote adjustable Cusco setup, chassis bracing, the lot. It was sweet. I know it's totally apples and oranges but since I don't want to shell out for oranges I might just as well try stiffer springs :)

sounds great, if your car doesnt already have them maybe go for some poly bushings instead of stiffer springs? it would help reduce body roll and retain the good ride quality, plus its a maintenance item that you wont have to replace ever again

2 things - if you're tracking the car def go the 8/6 spring combo, they're a bit harsh on street sometimes but quite liveable. I woyldn't want softer on the track myself.

Also the chassis bracing you mention - i poo-pooed alot of the bracing you see for skylines - until i actually tried it, and now i'm a huge fan. PM me if you would like any further info on that, its already been covered in threads on here.

• Like 1

I'm running them in a 10/12 combo on my r33 which sees 90% of its life at the track. They feel great on track and are not to stiff for street driving.

They are stiff enough for me to not need to run a thicker sway bar and still not get any roll.