SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Yeah, but when was the last time he taught you to drop second...

Alright Matt,,,I'm off to Tamworth on the 17th to the 20th of July for round 7,,,do you want to be my one and only pit crew,,,meaning no Sarah???.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

no problems, and yeah it was a good weekend.

but what happened to "f**k you're boring Handley, next time I'm brining Pete to drink beer and talk shit all night"

Its great to have nothing to fix on a Skyline all weekend, and well done for good times and taking out the class.

^^ Good work Neil. Is there something that breaks on a GTSt?? :no:

How about a report on the Avons (other than their ability to pickup bottle tops), and a bit of in-car?

You need flares

Edited by Dale FZ1

Alright Matt,,,I'm off to Tamworth on the 17th to the 20th of July for round 7,,,do you want to be my one and only pit crew,,,meaning no Sarah???.

Cheers

Neil.

id love to, but ill be packing to fly to the banana bender state :( I told you this before that I'm not available for Tamworth :(

Take Pete and a case of beer with you :P

id love to, but ill be packing to fly to the banana bender state :( I told you this before that I'm not available for Tamworth :(

Take Pete and a case of beer with you :P

Oh well,,, you realise your giving up the chance to pit for the coolest car there.

Fatz,,, I wouldn't trust him near a spannner let alone a case of beer.

• Like 1

Oh well,,, you realise your giving up the chance to pit for the coolest car there.

Fatz,,, I wouldn't trust him near a spannner let alone a case of beer.

I know, I know. But what can ya do... They only give me so much leave and money each year :(

Here's almost all of my race vids from Sunday,,,bloody youtube wouldn't load run 4. I couldn't be bothered recording any outside of the car. I was quicker in Saturdays practice but I just couldn't replicate it on race day and nor could almost anybody else.

This ones the 1st of the day and after some overnight rain it's just a sighter really.

Big launches were not the order of the day unfortuanely,,, this ones a 5500 grand launch.

This one I thought a very sedate launch would be better and it was until I stood on the load pedal.

This ones the last run of the day and my fastest,,,,2.30 in the arvo and by far the best traction of the day.

Cheers

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.besracing.com/machine-shop-services.html

I am trying to build an rb engine and these are the prices i am used to, can someone please tell me if i am way off track here, but I can find an automotive machine shop that even touches these prices, Of course this is in the states, but the equipment to build 1 engine for the asking prices of lewis engines is about the same, second hand of corse, and i dont want to point them out in particular, just having trouble here? Any help

http://www.besracing.com/machine-shop-services.html

I am trying to build an rb engine and these are the prices i am used to, can someone please tell me if i am way off track here, but I can find an automotive machine shop that even touches these prices, Of course this is in the states, but the equipment to build 1 engine for the asking prices of lewis engines is about the same, second hand of corse, and i dont want to point them out in particular, just having trouble here? Any help

Are you new to the internet?

It's not polite to go asking questions in peoples build threads. Start a thread if after researching you are still stuck

Rick,,,it's all good mate. But asking me about rebuild pricing scares me. My engine still has all it's Nissan air still inside so I have no idea about recon pricing. My engine has never had it's head or sump off or ever been out of her engine bay and Cheryl is still going strong,,,but now you have cursed me. If my baby blows up at my next race I'm a gonna come lookin for you bitch.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

Are you new to the internet?

It's not polite to go asking questions in peoples build threads. Start a thread if after researching you are still stuck

Ben,,,chill tiger. If I had the info Rick is after I would be more than happy to pass it on. I'm not all that precious with what I do with my car. That said it's only a matter of time before I will be doing a rebuild and I will document everything.

Cheers

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Neil,

Ya all ready for Tamworth ?

I just have to fit extinguisher and tyres and I'm good to go, trying the 295s for this one :)

Did I get a trophy from Grafton ?

Mick

Yea Mick,,,Cheryl is ready,,,started packing all my shit on the weekend.

You better start going quicker tiger,,,I'm almost always only 2 seconds behind you.

Yes I did pick up your trophy,,,thanked everybody for you included all the gents that helped get your poor striken car back to the bottom and also that you had spat the dummy and gone home. FUUkk I'm a funny bastard.

Cheers

Neil.

Funny enough,,, after packing and getting to Tamworth in pissing down rain, snow and freezing cold we were greeted by sunshine on Saturday and more of the same on Sunday. It was still freezing at -2 in the mornings and a top of 12 in the middle of the day. The Patrol is such a great tow car she handled it all without any problems at all. She revelled in the snowy slushy shit without a problem and we had people following us down the hill through it all.

Cheryl did her usual best,,,apart from taking 3 good cranks to get her started. Poor other bastards with flattened batteries everywhere,,,I helped only who I liked. I did loan a fuel pump to a commodore owner so I'm not all bad and the bastard ended up beating me.

The slicks just don't work in such cold conditions but it's the same for everyone I quess. I did 3 runs on the Saturday on the Kuhmo's just for the fun of it,,,drifting is easy,,,I was linking corners almost everywhere including the straight. Might have to look at some drift events next year.

Well done to Paul in his PRB for handing me my arse again. Oh and if you look at natsoft,,,don't beleive it. I have no idea who posts those results but they are wrong. Alan did not beat me.

Cheers

Neil.