SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Good to see the build is coming along nicely!!!

Yep, tyres fit the wheels sweet! :D

Thanks mate, the tyres stand up pretty much straight with the rims so they are very similar to the 265's, but due to lowering from 4x4 spec i am going to need to roll the guards as you can see, will be my first attempt so wish me luck :)

Yeah i finally THOUGHT i had finished my build but as you can see above, some things didnt go to plan :( The clutch was always going to be a limiting factor but i thought it would hold up for more than a couple of weeks, the coilovers were a bit of a surprise failure too which put a damper on things (pun intended :P)

Have you got a build thread on your beast? Who is doing it for you?

Like i said to a few others, i could have purchased a 400kw car for less than i have spent on the mods BUT mine is done my way and is a one of a kind :) I am happy with it even though its been a long painful road.

Yeh i guess it's expected, sometimes you hold out and see if current mods will be fine, and why not you hear all sorts of stories.

shame with the coil overs though.

you don't get the same feeling purchasing something already done, just knowing you have customised it to suit you is enough for me :)

and your car looks beautiful. so you have done very well.

yeh I started short thread just under yours at the moment. small updates here and there

looking good matt, are you going to replace the E sensor or try to fix it?

Yet to diagnose mate, JEM havent seen the car since the problem so anything i say would just be guessing..... Will know as soon as they get a look in :)

Yeh i guess it's expected, sometimes you hold out and see if current mods will be fine, and why not you hear all sorts of stories.

shame with the coil overs though.

you don't get the same feeling purchasing something already done, just knowing you have customised it to suit you is enough for me :)

and your car looks beautiful. so you have done very well.

yeh I started short thread just under yours at the moment. small updates here and there

We suspected the clutch would go, just failed in epic style (story of my life i guess lol)... Coilovers were a surprise though!

Thanks mate, it makes it more rewarding when others can appreciate the hard work and expense that goes into these things! Been a long road, cant wait to have the issues ironed out and enjoy the car :D

Ill have a look mate! :thumbsup:

Yet to diagnose mate, JEM havent seen the car since the problem so anything i say would just be guessing..... Will know as soon as they get a look in :)

righto. Keen to see someone try the new haltech E sensor to see if there any good...If yours need replacin and you want to be a guinee pig lol

yeh that's exactly right, you've done well..

when did you start with the car anyway?

there's always a dodgy batch or 2 of something somewhere

Thanks mate, the build took 2 years due to some financial drama with a big loss on a rental property etc...... Really should have been about 6mths of work and sourcing parts etc.......

Will be all done soon ;)

righto. Keen to see someone try the new haltech E sensor to see if there any good...If yours need replacin and you want to be a guinee pig lol

All good buddy, Kurtis is going to beat me to it as him and Jez have had the drama with his car so we will wait and see which path he takes :D

And to clarify, i am not having the same problem as Kurtis but it does seem to be similar in ways, once again i dont want to say too much until JEM has a look as i know they will sort it out, i just break stuff :P

Thanks mate, the build took 2 years due to some financial drama with a big loss on a rental property etc...... Really should have been about 6mths of work and sourcing parts etc.......

Will be all done soon ;)

what matters is where you are now! @% will always happen.

Your wheels look like they were made for your car!

what matters is where you are now! @% will always happen.

Your wheels look like they were made for your car!

Haha thanks, they were silver but they were gutter rashed so i got them fixed up and coated black to match the engine bay! Hardly see XT7's around.

has turnt into a great all round package, any future plans with bodykit? maybe a GTRish front spoiler?

Yeah should be mate! Not sure about cosmetics as yet, always wanted a GTR front buit then saw one and it just looked awkward..... Maybe another bar later but for now its going to be function over form :D

Yeh, Dunno something looks different. in a good way ofcourse!

Nope, just the way they come off the showroom floor..........Apart from the custom stone chips :P

I am not a huge fan of the Nismo style kit that they came out with, some people love it but i prefer the plain look.

Havent had any major issues with police attention as it doesnt look like anything special :)

i agree, you dont want to get too much attention, only draws problems from police and thiefs etc.. thats why i prefer the GTR spoilers and parts cause i think they retain a subtle factory look still,( so to speak) also alot of bodykits become a pain with scraping and cracking which brings down the quality of the package..

it looks good.

Edited by SliverS2