SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Yeah thanks, i originally saw the post in the Cosmetic section i think and didn't like any of the ones posted, then a late night cruise on Ebay and i saw this one and for less than $30 delivered it gets rid of the ugly plastic cap and helps highlight Craves handy work... If you want one and cant find it i should still have the shops details somewhere :thumbsup:

Looking good man. Seriously, if my engine bay looks half as good as yours by the time I'm finished then I'll be a very happy man :D Mine needs more high-mount though :(

With regards to the turbo beanie, I think it will work perfectly man. Does it fit nicely onto the turbo? Unless it's a bit loose, I can't see it being an issue. I was reading through some of my HPI magazines last night looking for ideas, and I noticed that almost all of the cars that had high mounted turbos with a turbo beanie had the beanie sitting hard up against the rocker cover, and they all work fine.

pm me those details if you can find them!

nvm found it for 29.50 delivered :)

Not a bad looking part for the money, and delivery was really quick too!

Looking good man. Seriously, if my engine bay looks half as good as yours by the time I'm finished then I'll be a very happy man :D Mine needs more high-mount though :(

With regards to the turbo beanie, I think it will work perfectly man. Does it fit nicely onto the turbo? Unless it's a bit loose, I can't see it being an issue. I was reading through some of my HPI magazines last night looking for ideas, and I noticed that almost all of the cars that had high mounted turbos with a turbo beanie had the beanie sitting hard up against the rocker cover, and they all work fine.

Haha yours will be nice and shiny, mine is dull and black....

The beanie is a loose fit, the guys i got it from had a smaller one but suggested the one i have.... I asked Simon-S14 if he had issues with heat in his thread and he said even with HPC coating etc it melted paint, but he was at full boost 90% of the time, mine will be opposite.... It is a tight fit in terms of Cam cover and tower but i left the tie wire off so i can ask JEM if it is fitted correctly....

YES you need more high mount :P

Not a bad looking part for the money, and delivery was really quick too!

Haha yours will be nice and shiny, mine is dull and black....

The beanie is a loose fit, the guys i got it from had a smaller one but suggested the one i have.... I asked Simon-S14 if he had issues with heat in his thread and he said even with HPC coating etc it melted paint, but he was at full boost 90% of the time, mine will be opposite.... It is a tight fit in terms of Cam cover and tower but i left the tie wire off so i can ask JEM if it is fitted correctly....

YES you need more high mount :P

I nee to sort my life out and make a decision on an oil filler cap. Spending more time thinking about that than I did about what fkn turbo I was getting :P As for my engine bay, PARTS of it will be shiny. The rest is still greasy and filthy and looks shit glare.gif Tempted to just rip the engine out and get stuck in with a toothbrush, if only society didn't irk me with responsibilities, I'd have the best engine bay! :P

Ahh ok, I still daresay the beanie will be better than nothing. My engine bay gets HOT after a run, and I haven't had a chance to take it out on the track yet. That's the one thing I don't like about having the gate mounted on the rear turbo housing, it means I can't use a beanie. I would get it HPC coated but have been told it does nothing really, for the money it's just not worth it.

Tomei Type B Poncams ordered... Should be here in a few weeks i hope...

I am selling some of the interior stuff so i can at least get the car driving as a daily again, the Recaro is now gone but it paid for the Cams so a fair trade :D

i hope you got the type b valve springs for those cams (retainers are a good idea also) as a few people have spat out a shim when running standard springs which basically destroyed the head and pistons..

You are probably now freaking out but it was better to tell you for insurance sake if you plan on tracking the car a bit..

p.s. yay more money to spend :P

i hope you got the type b valve springs for those cams (retainers are a good idea also) as a few people have spat out a shim when running standard springs which basically destroyed the head and pistons..

You are probably now freaking out but it was better to tell you for insurance sake if you plan on tracking the car a bit..

p.s. yay more money to spend :P

Hmm yeah i have heard a couple of instances where that has happened but these will be going in for now and the springs and retainers will all be done in a few months time when i get the head taken off, this wont see the track until all of that is done, it will be doing daily duties on low boost for a while :thumbsup:

And there is ALWAYS more money to spend when you play with cars :P

Id be waiting to install the cams when you have the rest ready, springs etc... if its just needed for daily duties for the the time being...

you'll only need to install them again later on, sounds like doubling handling for no reason to me...

Yeah there will be a bit of double handling involved... I should have taken the head off when all the manifolds were off but didn't give it a thought...

The engine wont get pulled down for a while so i might just slap them in and run a lower boost/limiter and just enjoy cruising for a while...

When you going E85?

enjoy the lumpy idle...thumbsup.gif

haha when I get time to install the parts...

Ive been saying that a while now and all the parts are sitting there waiting, just need lines and fittings...

was waiting to see how hanaldo went with sourcing and installing his lines etc...

so I guess I should order the lines and fittings and get to it...

but I also have a rebuilt gearbox to install too, so clutch and box install before more power and another tune may be a good idea too...

so Im in training to bench press an rb25 box into my car whilst laying on the garage floor... lol...

Jeebuz Matt isn't this this running yet! ;)

Looks good man, the black theme has worked really well IMO.

I still like my bling though :) must be worth at least 11ty more killerwasps

enjoy the lumpy idle...:thumbsup:

haha when I get time to install the parts...

Ive been saying that a while now and all the parts are sitting there waiting, just need lines and fittings...

was waiting to see how hanaldo went with sourcing and installing his lines etc...

so I guess I should order the lines and fittings and get to it...

but I also have a rebuilt gearbox to install too, so clutch and box install before more power and another tune may be a good idea too...

so Im in training to bench press an rb25 box into my car whilst laying on the garage floor... lol...

I dont think Poncams are that lumpy? They are only 260's...

I'm just going to run it through Efi line for now as apparently most new line is fine, its only the stuff that's submersed in the fuel tank that i will have to get the proper stuff as i dont want any issues there... Hanaldo has done a good job with the braided line etc and ill do all that when i do the engine, for now we will just see what happens :)

You should pull your finger out and get it done, your as bad as me with procrastinating lol..... But in terms of tune, choose wisely :glare:

If you need a hand with the box let me know, i'm not that far away :thumbsup: And train hard as they are a heavy bitch when you gotta do it on the ground.... I went to buy a hoist the other day for my shed but MUST finish the car first :P

Jeebuz Matt isn't this this running yet! ;)

Looks good man, the black theme has worked really well IMO.

I still like my bling though :) must've worth at least 11ty more killerwasps

And YOU.....shuddup :P

Thanks, was pretty happy with the black and the way it looks, not exactly stock looking but -

post-47580-0-58152100-1333413481_thumb.jpg

I see you've run out of things to Powdercoat? :no:

Yep lol.

Although I still want to clean up my rims at some stage so Craved will get more work out of me yet.

Not in a hurry for that though, gotta address my knock problem first and get some new rubber.

Yep lol.

Although I still want to clean up my rims at some stage so Craved will get more work out of me yet.

Not in a hurry for that though, gotta address my knock problem first and get some new rubber.

Rims are next on my list, was going to get them to Craved for coating but considering just spraying them with the help from a mate (Blitz-26) for now as a cheap option...

Not sure whether to just spray the XT7's in black/gunmetal and then sell them and get something else later..... After the damage i kind of lost interest in them.....

I'd like to have the same size front and rear so I can rotate tyres but I always seem to spend the monies on random sh1t

Yep, i want 9.5 all around... Even a set of 34 GTR rims would be nice...

Was just looking through old stuff and found a bit of a comparison -

Before - post-47580-0-12429000-1333420567_thumb.jpg And After post-47580-0-10851700-1333420637_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

fking Nissan, don't understand why they didn't paint the RB25 neo rocker covers!!

should've powdercoated the turbo housing black as well :thumbsup:

TBH with the plastic cover, TB and pipe and hoses and wiring across the back you cant see the covers....I assume that was a big part of it, but they looked pretty bad!!

I considered the turbo housing and was told NO by mates... So that one has mixed opinions...