SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Children....Children!!! :P

Anyway, to keep Mr Dave074 happy the car is now down getting ready for the tune :yes:

Wheels were a success and cant believe how they turned out considering it cost me bugger all -

post-47580-0-51953100-1337141269_thumb.jpg post-47580-0-05380300-1337141273_thumb.jpg

They suit the engine bay and intercooler nicely -

post-47580-0-84736400-1337141276_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-34199300-1337141283_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-81630200-1337141286_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-28803700-1337141290_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-13978900-1337141293_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-53848100-1337141296_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-61119400-1337141300_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-48526900-1337141304_thumb.jpg

Then we went for a nice long drive to its new home for a couple of weeks -

post-47580-0-78914100-1337141308_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-70381200-1337141312_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-81700100-1337141318_thumb.jpg

There are some additions that JEM has added to the list like Billet fuel filter, exhaust cam gear and turbosmart fuel reg etc but its main purpose for being there is -

Haltech PS2000 wire in and tune

Ethanol content sensor

wideband setup

cams and springs install

FULL flex tune for E85 & 98 pump fuels

This is getting exciting and nerve wracking all at once :woot:

Looking good mate :D

What's the reason for the change from Sard reg to Turbosmart reg??

Thanks Man!!

E85 compatibility, and its black :P

You wont have an issue and apparently there are plenty out there running E85 through these but they do not have the approval for the fuel so i THINK they are changing it ;)

Thanks Man!!

E85 compatibility, and its black :P

You wont have an issue and apparently there are plenty out there running E85 through these but they do not have the approval for the fuel so i THINK they are changing it ;)

God. Damn. It.

Water/meth injection is looking like it's gonna be the go for me, E85 is way too hard! Lol.

PS - funny thing, our cars make identical power with totally different setups :woot:

LOL :rofl2:

Must be all in the Plazmaman :glare: Lol.

Children....Children!!! :P

Anyway, to keep Mr Dave074 happy the car is now down getting ready for the tune :yes:

Well it's about bloody time Matt :)

The rims came up really well man, I like them. Are they just a flat black or is it just the photo that gives them a gun metal hue???

Good luck with the tune mate, it's been a long ride for you hey!

Is e85 at the bowsers up at the terrace or are you gonna store drums? It's still not local enough for me down here so WMI for me I thinks..

Dibs on a ride when we finally meet up in person ok.

Well it's about bloody time Matt :)

The rims came up really well man, I like them. Are they just a flat black or is it just the photo that gives them a gun metal hue???

Good luck with the tune mate, it's been a long ride for you hey!

Is e85 at the bowsers up at the terrace or are you gonna store drums? It's still not local enough for me down here so WMI for me I thinks..

Dibs on a ride when we finally meet up in person ok.

Haha thought that would make you happy :P

They are a satin black, they actually suit the car, although i cant run the original centre caps as the silver looks a bit silly so im not sure what to do there, BUT at least it replaced the hideous things i had on there before, ill keep the rims as daily street rims and get something lighter for the track, the XT7's weigh heaps!!

E85 is about 20 mins away on the Bowsers hence the reason for going full flex fuel setup, BUT i do have 200L ready at home too -

post-47580-0-88810100-1337211578_thumb.jpg

Sounds like the passenger seat is going to cop a work out lol.....

Thought we would have had a power figure by now :(

Like all builds/modifications, there has been issues... Seems my valve springs were a different height or something between inlet and exhaust... I haven't heard the full story yet but it sounds dodgy... It's in the best possible place so I'm

Not too concerned about the bad news...

Power figure will be OK, but will be heavily restricted due to the exhaust I think.... Will post up how it goes....

The exhaust I run is a full 3" system, have been told 3.5 would be better etc... But for the power I'll be running I don't think that counts.....

The restriction/limitation will be due to the Jasma rating, it'll be restrictive and hinder the power output....

My goal is stealth, quiet car... Stock looking, no obvious gauges... Just a stock daily to the untrained eye..

The exhaust I run is a full 3" system, have been told 3.5 would be better etc... But for the power I'll be running I don't think that counts.....

The restriction/limitation will be due to the Jasma rating, it'll be restrictive and hinder the power output....

My goal is stealth, quiet car... Stock looking, no obvious gauges... Just a stock daily to the untrained eye..

Just to expand on that, I believe the problem with the Japanese exhausts is that to obtain the Jasma approval, a lot of them are not true 3" exhaust. A lot of them step down to 2.5" just before/after the mufflers to help reduce noise, and these step downs can be quite restrictive.