SAU Community

Who's Raging?

krzysiu

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im raging about this whole thing but its probably a blessing in disguise as i've got assignments i should be doing during these holidays. still probably wont do them though.

At the end of the day this is how I see it:

- Computer geeks f**k with PS3

- PS3 takes down PSN

- Phil can't vent anger by shooting taliban online in Medal of Honor

- Phil angry and hates computer geeks

That's how I see it.

well that sucked... my wife was out doing greek easter shit all weekend and I got to play heaps of COD... no wait... argh!

I actually had to go out, play golf, drink beer, watch the footy etc... disgusting :angry:

still didn't wash the car tho LOL

Sony admits that there is only a possibility.. Certainly they would want to wait before announcing this as if it wasnt the case it would also cause hyteria as members change details/cards etc.. And then find out that indeed no-ones info was taken..

Either way it looks bad..

But then the end users are the ones suffering because them hackers think they're attacking Sony but they're actually causing problems for us???????

Yeah gaming on PC never has any problems at all! :no:

im with this guy........

and yes check your credit cards.....steam will be next. then we're all screwed

Edited by boiracer

us old fashioned guys ho visit a shop to buy games won't be screwed :nyaanyaa:

yes but super nintendo never came with the internet???

Also yes it is for DLC and arcade games not available in stores.. pretty glad that xbox was my main console of choice.. I have never entered my c/c details on ps3.. But then again.. I keep SFA in my debit account anyway so it wouldnt be a big loss

Just received this email from sony.

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at au.playstation.com/psnoutage should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams

Yeah I too just received that funny thing I don't have a psn account I was waiting for the please send us your cc number so we can verify if yours was stolen

That's messed up.

Even if nothing is stolen. It's annoying to have to frequently check your account balances just to keep the paranoia calm.

I hope Sony find these hackers and fk them up... fk them up GOOD.

And so it begins...

Alabama man initiates legal action in U.S. District Court in California over Sony's "failure to maintain adequate computer data security of consumer personal data."

http://au.gamespot.c...topslot;thumb;1

EDIT - Johns is seeking that the suit be certified as a class action, allowing him and his attorneys to represent all PSN users affected by the outage and breach.

Class action suit - now that's something.

Edited by EeLeYe