SAU Community

Post Your Ideal Physique

dan_the_man

lol

I went from ~76kg to 108kg in around 3years at the gym, between ages 19-21

Then added 10 more the next year doing weights at home, but that would have been mainly "weight" & not muscle

if I can be bothered to find the article i'll post a link, but I have read that naturally it is nearly impossible to put on more then 5kg of pure muscle in a year.

was only one thing I read could be wrong but according to them and the studies they did on professional athletes 5kg is the max.

Until I see before and after DEXA scans, I don't trust anyone to know what they've put on.

Who cares about how much muscle mass you've put on anyway...more important is what you look like or how much you can lift. Chances are if you're bragging about how much muscle mass you've put on, you're likely not satisfied with appearance or strength.

Well he's trying to say its all muscle, don't know if he's on the gear or not... Anyone can eat for 7 weeks and put on a few kgs.. I refuse to believe its all muscle.

He was trying to impress some girls on FB lol wanker

Question this, you must not

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love that Poundstone has such a huge mid section, that of a very overweight guy, yet you can see outline of his abs.

Hilariously appropriate name too!

That picture of Dan Green is him right after weighing in at 100kg, he was closer to 120kg when he came out in June

He's back in November competing in the 110kg class at ProRawFive in our gym

Is that a serious question?

First off, I NEVER discuss stuff like that, even though he doesnt compete in a drug tested fed, its no ones business, including mine.

And secondly, why didnt you ask me if he smokes or drinks?

Bit of an over reaction. Fair enough that you don't ask but in a thread concerned with ideal physiques, the question about natural or not is relevant.

Cant argue that smoking and drinking have the same effect to someone's body that steroids and company have

Is that a serious question?

First off, I NEVER discuss stuff like that, even though he doesnt compete in a drug tested fed, its no ones business, including mine.

And secondly, why didnt you ask me if he smokes or drinks?

Yeh it was a serious question. If you dont want to answer it thats fine, I wasnt suggesting he has or hasnt, it doesnt take anything away from what hes achieved in my opinion. The man clearly has a ridiculous work ethic regardless.

Why is there such a stigma attached to anything steroid related with some people?

I didnt ask if smokes or drinks because to be honest, thats not the first thing I thought about when I saw the photo of him.

it's probably like the IFBB bodybuilders - they're all obviously on the gear, but no one likes to acknowledge it. I've been told that testing/not testing is why there are different powerlifting federations as well? (feel free to correct me there).

Markos I know it's a touchy subject for you, but smoking and drinking only affect performance negatively rather than enhancing, so the analogy is not all that clear.

I've got nothing against people who use whatever to help (as even creatine supplementation is technically not 'natural'), only those who are using and pretend that they got where they are purely from training and eating.