SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

8mr for 20 is good value

check j-spec auction results, you can have a 8MR landed and complied grade 4 for sub 19

so yeah should be around same for one here..no matter how much a few ppl in denial.

2004 LANCER GSR EVO 8 MR 2,000cc 97,000km Grey MT 4 1,130,000 yen $18,800

2004 LANCER GSR EVOLUTION 8 MR 2,000cc 105,000km White MT 4 1,138,000 yen $18,900

example.

Low KM

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2743357&Cr=0

but bet you could do a deal for 20.

Yeah well I'm going to start calling some different Sheriff's Offices to see if one of them goes "Oh yeah theres actually a form you have to fill out and it'll be cleared" or some shit like that and maybe the woman I spoke too today just had no idea about it, who knows. I'll definitely be following this up relentlessly though as I'm not gonna be happy with the harassment.

Easier to replace whole diff

There are many R200s

Interchangeable to a degree, both in diff centres and diff housings

Depends on pinion length; ABS vs non ABS. Think the splines are much the same, so in a lot of cases you can swap half shafts over, e.g. putting 6 bolt GTR flanges in a 5 bolt GTS-T diff.

I have an S14 ABS diff in my R33, that got rebuilt with my R33 KAAZ 1.5 way while my car stayed on the road. Then just swapped the diff and half shafts for quick installation. Ratio is a tiny bit shorter.

Before i start googling, R200 diffs... Easier cheaper to install diff inside existing, or just replace the whole diff? Are they generally interchangeable?

Mike and I (ok, mostly Mike) rebuilt the centre of my R230 with new nismo discs and swapped it over to replace my old A-LSD R230. Was a pretty simple process, but there's a lot of things that you need to know before you start... marking certain threads for the pinion etc so your backlash isn't stupidly lashy when you're done.