SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I did the same a couple years ago, the instructor didn't let me go past 4k rpm. As soon as boost starts to kick in, he was like change gears! Started yelling at me to change gears when I didn't lol.

Loved it when they took drove around the back track though.

Think this largely depends on the instructor you get and how many laps you sign up for.

First 8 laps of mine were in the evo and the instructor was making me change into 4th at 60 lol, just to learn the ropes of 4WD slides...but even he didn't mind me redlining 3rd down the straight.

Second 8 laps in the STI was with another instructor and he was telling me to go faster and faster. I asked if they could put me in with him for the hot lap for this reason, then told him I'd requested him specifically. I reckon he let his ego take over cause fk me there were some hairy moments involving trees and concrete tubes. Was scared but calm cause I felt he had total control and I have no idea how he made the car do what it did. Amazing driving ability that I could never dream of having. Many of the instructors compete in ARC, so it's pretty close to the real thing when you're in that passenger seat!!!

• Like 2

Think this largely depends on the instructor you get and how many laps you sign up for.

First 8 laps of mine were in the evo and the instructor was making me change into 4th at 60 lol, just to learn the ropes of 4WD slides...but even he didn't mind me redlining 3rd down the straight.

Second 8 laps in the STI was with another instructor and he was telling me to go faster and faster. I asked if they could put me in with him for the hot lap for this reason, then told him I'd requested him specifically. I reckon he let his ego take over cause fk me there were some hairy moments involving trees and concrete tubes. Was scared but calm cause I felt he had total control and I have no idea how he made the car do what it did. Amazing driving ability that I could never dream of having. Many of the instructors compete in ARC, so it's pretty close to the real thing when you're in that passenger seat!!!

have done said hotlap. Gunning it down the straight next to the fence was unreal.

• Like 1

Drove a lambo lp570 ferarri 458 and jag xkr in the las vegas canyons when I was in the U.S was sick as :D best thing is you do it solo so much fun. Ferarri was the best car, lambo was like a full on track car brakes you had to smash, steering and gearbox was like bashing you against the hard seats lol

drove the first 3:

World-Class-Driving-Exotic-Experience1.j

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

sounds like something i've got to experience.

Go do it even for just the hot lap, which can be done on it's own. That was the best part of it anyway.

• Like 1

Ok. I can check em out if you want to remove them. Or just grab some 1000's, retune and enjoy e85.

What else are you going to spend all that FIFO cash on...

The effort of removing manifold to get to injectors is the same as plonking in 1000's haha

Re fifo cash; lots of jetski's