SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I've had two people say to me that one of the original ATCC GT-R's was for sale at this event? One of them was present at the Time Attack Challenge, the other heard about it 'on the grapevine'. Neither are the sort that are prone to bullsh*tting either.

Can anyone confirm? Apparently the asking price was about $300k and includes al of the team suits etc.

???

• 2 weeks later...

I think given the GIO cars reliability problems and I suspect need for a rebuild the owner would rejoice and dance in the streets naked if he was handed 300k for the car with no spares etc

lolz really!

Car is not for sale.....and given that the teething problems from sitting dormant for 18 years are rectified now you can only dream that this would go on the market at $300K.

....with or without problems!

and this is the only one at the moment with KERS!...lolz

lolz really!

Car is not for sale.....

I wonder what the guys I was talking to were on about then? Neither know each other. One is from Melb, the other from Adelaide and both were at the Time Attack and both said that one of the Group A cars was there with a for sale 'tag'.

Odd.

I'm suprised there's no yapping about the times posted by the V8's at EC over the weekend?

Wasn't everyone keenly waiting for the lap time of a V8SC to see how the track had changed since the alterations?

I personally was suprised to learn the run to turn 6 had been shortened by, if I recall correctly from Cromly, 20 metres?!?!

the V8s were at EC a while ago now. Sandown was last weekend.

They're on a different brand of tyre since last time they were at EC, as well as now using 2 different compounds. I don't think it's a good yardstick for how much time the track changes yeild. but FWIW Lowndes did a 1:29.2493 for the new V8 Supercar record.

Edited by hrd-hr30

the V8s were at EC a while ago now. Sandown was last weekend.

They're on a different brand of tyre since last time they were at EC, as well as now using 2 different compounds. I don't think it's a good yardstick for how much time the track changes yeild. but FWIW Lowndes did a 1:29.2493 for the new V8 Supercar record.

Ah my bad. My TV had recorded it so I could watch it in my customary fast forward. I've been away for a few weeks, thought EC was only a coupla weeks back?

Another excuse is I don't follow V8SC anymore, wasn't aware of the tyre spec changes.

So my apologies folks.

So, new tyre worth 2-odd seconds a lap? How does the new rubber compare elsewhere?

No need to answer really if you're as disinterested as I. :P

I can't remember what sort of state your 32's in! What needs doin?

I'm so desperate for a speed I'm taking the Soarer to QR toworrow - stock, automatic, open diffed, speed limited, crappy street tyred barge. Probably won't hit the speed limiter there anyway lol

I actually just need to dig the turbo out and have it rebuilt. It shat itself when I was running the rebuild engine in.

like, 18 months ago.

I recall the EVO magazine guys ran one just like you describe. They called it Dogzilla :)

Edited by Marlin

Did the car need a lot done to it to get it back to full health?

lolz.

A new plastic radiator overflow cap with an earls fitting to replace the old plastic cap with a zip tie either side fixed the overheating issue.

mjtown - I don't know who your mates are but they are way wrong......ad 100% of the figure your mates are throwing and starting to get close.