SAU Community

Bakemono Nissan S15 - Build Thread!

Ooft, this thread is lacking a random coloured engine brace. No chance it will get the likes and shares he wants.

#blessed

#makeitfrombilletandtheywillbuyit.

#useyourcustomerseforr&d

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not at all.

Smart business and I am sure that they will retire selling purple alternator brackets to stupid GT-R owners in the US. 

I hope you got rev27.2 for your engine though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably not far over, if at all or ever but it made sense to me to future proof it while it was being done.

I wanted something reliable so my concept was build it for like 500+ or something and I could maybe expect it to last a bit at 80 or so % of its capabilities as I wanna be able to rack up some laps.

Made sense in my head :)

Wiring is in progress and will be finished by Tuesday next week, going to need some heavy duty straps to hold this thing back from jumping off the dyno seriously.

No PRP brace on this build, we have followed the laws of physics not marketing hype. 

Don't fancy redrilling/replaneing that thing to suit anyway. No CDM parts on my car, only JDM & USADM

I think it will be hard for the car NOT to make 300kw , gate springs are 14psi and I expect this is the figure I'll be getting. 

I mean, obviously, the head is akin to a Mario Rossi daytona 305ci head & this is what happens.....make big power easily. 

Moreover, I think the thing I'm most excited about is the sound....a big valve head with a big bore no nonsense exhaust. One rear muffler only, can't disturb the exhaust gas when I'm on the limit...but I can disturb the neighbours within a 3 block radius honestly. It's going to sound like a peripheral port 3 rotor, I've done the maths.

Cheers,

Benny "The Don".

• Haha 1

Nice, I imagine a reasonable middle of the road strap on (for general home use  would have a strong enough strap to hold it to the dyno, but good to hear you are also over thinking that.

Mario rosi daytona head is also NASA spec? Just trying to keep up.

Can you share the maths for calculating what the exhaust will sound like?

16 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Nice, I imagine a reasonable middle of the road strap on (for general home use  would have a strong enough strap to hold it to the dyno, but good to hear you are also over thinking that.

Mario rosi daytona head is also NASA spec? Just trying to keep up.

Can you share the maths for calculating what the exhaust will sound like?

Basically yes....and I've done it all without sponsors.

As for the sound...its all about the wastegates merge, 2 into 1 then into the main pipe, will make it sound like a 3 rotor. 

Will be serious velocity, I told the tuner to make sure I'm spitting 6 foot flames like the Brill Steel S15.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Wiring is in progress and will be finished by Tuesday next week, going to need some heavy duty straps to hold this thing back from jumping off the dyno seriously.

No PRP brace on this build, we have followed the laws of physics not marketing hype. 

Don't fancy redrilling/replaneing that thing to suit anyway. No CDM parts on my car, only JDM & USADM

I think it will be hard for the car to make 300kw because my gearbox can not hold stock turbo power , gate springs are 14psi and I expect this is the final boost pressure needed to turn my gearbox into marbles.

I mean, obviously, the head is akin to a Mario Rossi daytona 305ci head & this is what happens.....make big power easily. 

Moreover, I think the thing I'm most excited about is the sound....a big valve head with a big bore no nonsense exhaust. One rear muffler only, can't disturb the exhaust gas when I'm on the limit...but I can disturb the neighbours within a 3 block radius honestly. It's going to sound like a peripheral port John Deere, I've done the maths.

Cheers,

Benny "The Dong".

FYP brah ?

• Haha 2