SAU Community

500Kw+ Club

NXTIME

simon you still running standard valve springs?

suprised your not getting valve float on that boost and with bigger cams

As far as I'm aware they are standard, the Japs put the Grex cams in back in the day and they are only 9.1mm so only babies in terms of lift. Have never thought to check valve springs but I highly doubt it, they didn't even put aftermarket head studs in, just wacked the cams and head gasket in.

I was more worried about head float after the standard head bolts stretched :)

Me like-y, very much. R33 bottom end or R32?

Same motor that came with the car in 1991 (R32) but it's a very low km example... Done 46,000kms

Edited by SimonR32

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much same setup as the 8.97sec pass as before a few changes likenew fuel system and Upgraded head components have also switched to Methanol Fuel. Also dropped 140KG out of car now weighs 1280KG. We are currently running estimate 850-900 KW at the wheels.

Best ET is a 8.39 Seconds at 164MPH with a slow 1.3sec 60FT on Mickey Thompson Street Radials, currently makes us the Worlds Fastest street Radial Tyre RB Powered GTR, and also the Worlds Fastest H-Pattern Radial Tyre GTR. Only cars left to beat is the AMS R35 GTR which done a 8.28sec on Radials and 7.98Sec on slicks. Both those time are achievable with our current setup. The car is still not setup a 100% with its new systems a bit more fine tuning.

-HKS T62R Turbo
-Jun 2.7lt Stroker kit with Custom 86mm CP Pistons. Godzilla Spec Engine.
-Godzilla Motorsport Race Head
-Custom Godzilla Camshafts (Top-secret Classified Info)
-Full Supertech Valvetrain
-Hypertune Plenum with 4" Throttle Body
-ARE 150mm Intercooler
-Trust Exhaust Manifold with 50mm Wastegate
-Moran 5000cc Injectors
-Vipec V88
-M & W CDI Ignition with Weapon X CDI Coils
- Aeromotive Mechanical Fuel Pump
-Peterson 4 stage Dry Sump Setup
-4 Inch Custom Titanium Side Pipe
-NPC Twin Plate Clutch
-PPG 5 Speed Dogbox with Ignition Cut.

+ a lot more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNLs_gONSQ8#t=1

• Like 2

Pretty much same setup as the 8.97sec pass as before a few changes likenew fuel system and Upgraded head components have also switched to Methanol Fuel. Also dropped 140KG out of car now weighs 1280KG. We are currently running estimate 850-900 KW at the wheels.

Best ET is a 8.39 Seconds at 164MPH with a slow 1.3sec 60FT on Mickey Thompson Street Radials, currently makes us the Worlds Fastest street Radial Tyre RB Powered GTR, and also the Worlds Fastest H-Pattern Radial Tyre GTR. Only cars left to beat is the AMS R35 GTR which done a 8.28sec on Radials and 7.98Sec on slicks. Both those time are achievable with our current setup. The car is still not setup a 100% with its new systems a bit more fine tuning.

-HKS T62R Turbo

-Jun 2.7lt Stroker kit with Custom 86mm CP Pistons. Godzilla Spec Engine.

-Godzilla Motorsport Race Head

-Custom Godzilla Camshafts (Top-secret Classified Info)

-Full Supertech Valvetrain

-Hypertune Plenum with 4" Throttle Body

-ARE 150mm Intercooler

-Trust Exhaust Manifold with 50mm Wastegate

-Moran 5000cc Injectors

-Vipec V88

-M & W CDI Ignition with Weapon X CDI Coils

- Aeromotive Mechanical Fuel Pump

-Peterson 4 stage Dry Sump Setup

-4 Inch Custom Titanium Side Pipe

-NPC Twin Plate Clutch

-PPG 5 Speed Dogbox with Ignition Cut.

+ a lot more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNLs_gONSQ8#t=1

if you dont mind, what are you using to cut ignition on changes?

if gearknob, what brand, or do you have name of supplier?

cam pm if you want.

thanks, luke.

• 2 years later...

Joined the 500Kw+ club today with the V3 prototype of my engine. This was the power goal that I had hoped for, as it is designed to be a torque monster with the maximum possible low end performance.

The tune is on E85 (75% content after the 98 octane tune), and was done in Cairns in 33 degree heat at 82% humidity.

Open Deck Engines 3.4lt (3360cc) Block (Rb26 24U based block)

Tomei Spec 2 head, Step 2 cams.

Precision 6466CEA 1.0

Full Race manifold with twin tial gates.

4" turbo back, 90mm Trust TI-R titanium exhaust

Greddy intake plenum

Nismo Intercooler

NPC twin plate

Haltech with IO expander, doing fuel pump and auxillary cooling system control

PWR 55mm twin pass radiator and custom oil-water heat exchanger, plus auxillary rear mount radiator and remote coolant pump.

Ignition project plazma coils

Completely enclosed crankcase breather system, designed to pull the engine into a vacuum under boost.

post-26553-0-68742100-1449997356_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Completely enclosed crankcase breather system, designed to pull the engine into a vacuum under boost.

Vented back to between the air filter and turbo and running a exhaust vacuum source with check valve?

Vented back to between the air filter and turbo and running a exhaust vacuum source with check valve?

No check valve, and no exhaust vacuum interaction. Pulls vacuum from the sump and head via a baffle system, to a ventrui on the intake between the turbo and filter. Any oil that enters the system returns to sump like a nismo setup, but at an elevated temperature to boil out any water vapor.

• Like 1

No check valve, and no exhaust vacuum interaction. Pulls vacuum from the sump and head via a baffle system, to a ventrui on the intake between the turbo and filter. Any oil that enters the system returns to sump like a nismo setup, but at an elevated temperature to boil out any water vapor.

Have you measured how much Vacuum your pulling in the sump, or are you just managing to pull blowby?

We were preparing to hand make a venturi between the turbo and filter, a few people suggested i look into the exhaust scavenging setups but my thoughts were that it may not work as well on a turbo setup as it does for the V8 guys.